Next Coach Wish-List

AubTiger14

Bruce Pearl is who id like to see if there happens to be a coaching change.Which i just do not see happening .There has been considerable improvement just enough to buy Coach Barbee one more round.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having been around when Shug coached football and AU almost always beat bama in BB I remember the AU program as the best in the state by a significant margin. JJ has cleaned house some and made 1 great hire. We need to sign top coaches in bb and swimming. I hope the next bb coach will bring a plan to the offense and a plan to the defense. We don't run plays or motions and it shows in the win column.

Bruce Pearl is who id like to see if there happens to be a coaching change.Which i just do not see happening .There has been considerable improvement just enough to buy Coach Barbee one more round.

Really? Are you serious? OK this team has played hard and come close a couple of times. What happens next year when there is nobody to step in and take over for the graduated players? That is the #1 problem in my estimation. Why keep him one more year when you know he can't do it?

Really? Are you serious? OK this team has played hard and come close a couple of times. What happens next year when there is nobody to step in and take over for the graduated players? That is the #1 problem in my estimation. Why keep him one more year when you know he can't do it?

If AU keeps playing as hard as they have, he is probably right. Amen corner of the schedule just arrived for Barbee's career.

Basketball Coach at Wichita State....

Marshall makes more in base salary than Barbee, plus Wichita State > Auburn

I'd be ecstatic if they did try to make that happen though

+1

Michael White, LaTech

Randy Rahe, WeberSt

Danny Manning, Tulsa

Will take a half mill more than Barbee is making but... Scott Drew, Baylor. My #1 choice.

Unless AU breaks out the funds *AND keys for a Marshall.

Relevant article on coaching quality in SEC... http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/02/post_584.html#incart_river

A high school coach is doing pretty good at Jordan hare, might want to consider this one at the Arena. No one can argue that he does more with less than any basketball coach, my kids went to MBHS, although he got Gee to transfer in, the rest are just Brookee boys. I seriously think he could be great.

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/5206778911469665621/mountain-brook-rallies-past-blount-in-final-minutes-claims-second-straight-6a-title/#/0

Bucky McMillan

Bucky is the Mountain Brook Men's BB coach who just won his second straight 6A state basketball championship with a bunch of short, white guys. He plays a very up tempo basketball that presses full court all game and pushes the ball down the court on O. With the high tempo he is constantly subbing players to keep them fresh, kind of like hockey. Very up tempo requiring a very aggressive hustle from his players and it is loads of fun to watch. Kind of reminds me of some other "gimmicky" high school coach who seems to have been successful here recently.

A high school coach is doing pretty good at Jordan hare, might want to consider this one at the Arena. No one can argue that he does more with less than any basketball coach, my kids went to MBHS, although he got Gee to transfer in, the rest are just Brookee boys. I seriously think he could be great.

http://highschoolspo...ht-6a-title/#/0

Great Minds…..

After watching a nothing team like uat beat us like a drum, I don't believe there's any doubt that Jacobs needs to fire Tony Barbee. I do think Jay sould hire a black coach who knows how to win and recruit real players. Don't you remember how pissed off Charles Barkley got when JJ hired (5-19) Gene Chizik over Turner Gill. Just think what CB would say if we didn't hired a black coach with a winning record.

After watching a nothing team like uat beat us like a drum, I don't believe there's any doubt that Jacobs needs to fire Tony Barbee. I do think Jay sould hire a black coach who knows how to win and recruit real players

what difference does it make what race the next coach is? Why must he be black? Maybe the best candidate is green or red or even purple.

A high school head coach is what we don't need. The SEC is far different than coaching high school.

I know, right?!?

I mean that HUNH thing from Arkansas will never last!

After watching a nothing team like uat beat us like a drum, I don't believe there's any doubt that Jacobs needs to fire Tony Barbee. I do think Jay sould hire a black coach who knows how to win and recruit real players

what difference does it make what race the next coach is? Why must he be black? Maybe the best candidate is green or red or even purple.

Red and yellow, black or white

If he wins he's out of sight

I think we should just avoid p***%&^ the entire world off and just hire an Indian woman from Antarctica. Because who has that?! We can't allow anyone to say that we aren't EEOC. That's got to come before we think about taking the next step of winning.

A high school head coach is what we don't need. The SEC is far different than coaching high school.

I know, right?!?

I mean that HUNH thing from Arkansas will never last!

If I recall Gus had about 5 or 6 years of serious collegiate coaching experience prior to becoming a head coach.

Meanwhile, I'm continually amazed by the coaching suggestions that show up on this board. Granted I don't have a list of prospects (short or long) but it doesn't take much analysis to know that most of the candidates mentioned have no chance of coaching at AU.

But then again, it's good for people to keep trying....someone may get lucky with a name.

How about Kentucky's assistant. UK is looking pretty good without Coach Cal tonight (all things considering)

Unfortunately, his record is now 0-1....not gonna help his resume' to lose to South Carolina. :)

How about Kentucky's assistant. UK is looking pretty good without Coach Cal tonight (all things considering)

Unfortunately, his record is now 0-1....not gonna help his resume' to lose to South Carolina. :)

He led them back from ~18ish down to almost beating them.

He led them back from ~18ish down to almost beating them.

Yep...but couldn't close the deal....isn't that the chief complaint about TB....can't win the close games? :-\

As for Kennedy my only thought is the guy looked like a red-faced raccoon yesterday....like he fell asleep in a tanning bed.. or..... :jossun: . And JMO but since AU is unlikely to recruit a bunch of 5* players each year like UK, it would be nice to have someone with a history of developing the ordinary players and somehow overcome the 40% transfer rate that is ruining college basketball..and keep them around a few years.

Archived