***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

1 hour ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I truly wonder what Stidham must be thinking about AU with all the Lashlee leaving rumors.

Maybe that's why Gus was with Lashlee and Stidham during the game. 

Lashlee: "Hey, I'm going to leave for a head coaching gig. But Gus here has a replacement. I think you're going to like him."

34 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

There is no way Rhett Lashlee gets a HC gig.  He'd be lucky to get another OC position at a lower level school.  

Don't be so sure of that.

• Like 1

ofc RL can be a head coach, especially at a smaller college that will only allow him to try to enhance is resume, if one day he wants a major school head coaching job.

He is young, expressive, and a good communicator. And his offensive abilities as a coach, have been enhanced being under CGM, and he was a finalist for the Broyles award in 2013. So he has had quite a lot of experience coaching, even though he is only 33.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

ofc RL can be a head coach, especially at a smaller college that will only allow him to try to enhance is resume, if one day he wants a major school head coaching job.

He is young, expressive, and a good communicator. And his offensive abilities as a coach, have been enhanced being under CGM, and he was a finalist for the Broyles award in 2013. So he has had quite a lot of experience coaching, even though he is only 33.

+1. He's been coaching under Gus since he was 19. He's got more experience than most. 

Interesting to see what happens with him, and conversely Stidham.

15 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

If he was stealing a play from the spurrier playbook he would bust out his dancing moves!!! its pretty clear Gus does not have any since lack of said dance moves cost us lattimore and Alan Evans son! lol

First... shhhhhhh or WDE will bring back that awful GIF.

Second... that's why he hired Herb Hand.  He's the designated dancer.

Just to show how quickly things can change, QB Myles Brennan just de-committed from LSU (according to SEC country) because Orgeron offered Bama QB commit Tua.

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Just to show how quickly things can change, QB Myles Brennan just de-committed from LSU (according to SEC country) because Orgeron offered Bama QB commit Tua.

Cool. Guess that doesn't help with Lowell Narcisse.

Also, Stidham has a very strong relationship with Lashlee. Probably wasted a bunch of time talking about bringing in Kendall when Lashlee will suffice.

Where is E's "get your popcorn ready" threads when you need them?

he switched his UV to an OV. 

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/report-auburn-oc-rhett-lashlee-a-key-figure-in-jarrett-stidhams-recruitment

Former Baylor quarterback Jarrett Stidham visited Auburn on Tuesday, took in basketball game and even reportedly extended his stay.

The transfer quarterback seemed to enjoy his visit, but according to 247Sports’ Keith Niebuhr, who cites sources, there may be one key for Auburn in landing Stidham: offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee.

RELATED: If Auburn gets Jarrett Stidham, things get interesting at quarterback

According to Niebuhr, the former 5-star recruit wants to play for Lashlee, but has expressed concern about the offensive coordinator leaving Auburn. The two are very close and have talked daily for “some time,” according to the report.

Two things stick out the Stidham about Lashlee: The way he worked with former Tigers quarterback Nick Marshall, and also Sean White’s production this season.

Stidham’s visit was reportedly switched from an unofficial to official visit, and he feels that he could be the missing piece in Auburn, according to Niebuhr.

The grad transfer quarterback has not visited Texas A&M.

5 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

What are all you Lashlee haters gonna do now? If we lose RL that decreases our chances to land Stidham.

Pretty sure everyone is just a gus hater now.

• Like 1

I didn't come to this thread expecting to read this part about Lashlee but that certainly is going to make things interesting down the stretch during his recruitment. Wow.

This is what I originally was going to write:

For the first time I actually saw a Stidham highlight video on youtube. I saw a ton of screen passes and a lot of throws to wiiiide open WRs, and a few runs. Not runs that will devastate a defense but I'd say he's faster than SW. I was kind of expecting more the way everyone on this board talks about him. I'm not trying to trash the kid at all, but can someone enlighten me about his skill set? Not trying to derail, but if we don't get JS does the staff plan to take a shot at Malik Zaire? IDK much about him either but he is one hell of a playmaker with his legs from what I can remember. Which guy is the better true fit for us? 

16 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I didn't come to this thread expecting to read this part about Lashlee but that certainly is going to make things interesting down the stretch during his recruitment. Wow.

For the first time I actually saw a Stidham highlight video on youtube. I saw a ton of screen passes and a lot of throws to wiiiide open WRs, and a few runs. Not runs that will devastate a defense but I'd say he's faster than SW. I was kind of expecting more the way everyone on this board talks about him. I'm not trying to trash the kid at all, but can someone enlighten me about his skill set? Not trying to derail, but if we don't get JS does the staff plan to take a shot at Malik Zaire? IDK much about him either but he is one hell of a playmaker with his legs from what I can remember. Which guy is the better true fit for us? 

His high school tapes is much more accurate to all the things he can do. Baylor rarely runs their Qbs. They run the ball more than people would think in a pass first spread but its with the rbs but besides rg3 all briles qbs at baylor have been pass first guys. Stidham is a really good accurate passer who is especially accurate on the deep ball and has trevor knight wheels. He is a much more superior passer than knight.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'd rather get a healthy Lowell Narcisse over Stidham. Put that on my record. Beggars cannot be choosers though.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I'd rather get a healthy Lowell Narcisse over Stidham. Pur that on the record. Beggars cannot be choosers though.

And why is that?  Very curious to hear what you got to say. Stidham would start day 1 for us. Narcisse has had what 2 acl tears in 3 years?

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

His high school tapes is much more accurate to all the things he can do. Baylor rarely runs their Qbs. They run the ball more than people would think in a pass first spread bur its with the rbs but besides rg3 all briles qbs at baylor have been pass first guys. Stidham is a really good accurate passer who is especially accurate on the deep ball and has trevor knight wheels. He is a much more superior passer than knight.

Thanks for the breakdown, sir. Very insightful. I will check his HS highlights although I must admit I like to stay away from HS highlights after being burned by Kodi's, Kiehl's, and JJ's. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tiger said:

Thanks for the breakdown, sir. Very insightful. I will check his HS highlights although I must admit I like to stay away from HS highlights after being burned by Kodi's, Kiehl's, and JJ's. 

Fair. that is true. Hard to take Hs highlights at anything but face value. Especially by how AU has been burned by the HS guys a lot lately. But Stidham had a lot of success in the starts he had at baylor. Not cupcakes either it was big 12 conference games. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And why is that?  Very curious to hear what you got to say. Stidham would start day 1 for us. Narcisse has had what 2 acl tears in 3 years?

Because Jeff believes we need  a DT QB to be successful.  Stidham is really good but a DT QB he isnt.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I did say healthy Lowell Narcisse right?

Just now, thaitopher said:

Because Jeff believes we need  a DT QB to be successful.  Stidham is really good but a DT QB he isnt.

He was only the number 1 ranked DT QB in the 247 composite coming out of HS I believe.

24 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

What are all you Lashlee haters gonna do now? If we lose RL that decreases our chances to land Stidham.

But they say Lashlee is dead weight can't recruit...etc. All I know is Gus and Rhett have always excelled when they have had a good QB. I have no opinion if he stays or goes but I do believe he is an asset to the program and not some check collector as some have said.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I did say healthy Lowell Narcisse right?

well he is clearly not healthy so should that not make you want stidham more then?