***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

22 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

E is correct as usual. Also I think we get both.

So that would mean RL is out? per Malzahn's choice?

And the reasoning CGM would give for RL leaving?

Edited by steeleagle

38 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

IIRC the thought is that RL will likely have the opportunity for another gig somewhere, possibly an HC position.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

It wouldn't be CGM pushing CRL out. CRL wants out on his own & is more open to lower stature jobs than he was in the past. It would be per both their choices.

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

A mutual parting.  Previously, RL didn't want a lower tier job. He is now "open" to that idea.

Well I wondered how high CRL was setting his sights. He is only 33, most of us forget that. Starting at a lower level may be the best thing for him...

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

A mutual parting.  Previously, RL didn't want a lower tier job. He is now "open" to that idea.

As Bird said this is going to be a mutual parting of ways.  CGM is wanting RL to be looking elsewhere and Rhett is open to leave AU now. I am not saying CGM is telling CRL to look elsewhere but the feeling is mutual.

Edited by austudnt23

7 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

As Bird said this is going to be a mutual parting of ways.  CGM is wanting RL to be looking elsewhere and Rhett is open to leave AU now. I am not saying CGM is telling CRL to look elsewhere but the feeling is mutual.

So when is this expected to happen?  Care to speculate on a timeline?

6 minutes ago, Shift said:

This would be pure speculation on my part as to when. That being said I imagine that we will want the new oc who imo will be KB on the staff by the time the big recruiting weekends roll around in January. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shift said:

After the season obviously.

27 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

So not to completely derail this thread, but how would that impact Gatewood's recruitment?

It wouldn't. He has fallen in love with AU. The only thing that would affect him is complete offensive & HC staff changes.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

After the season obviously.

Oh definitely after the season I figured that would me implied that's a given. We have a chance to be a very good team this year if we can get good qb play.

If we have problems moving the ball like we did last year, then Malzahn will have to make changes and let Lashlee go because he (Rehtt) is the OC/QB coach.

Edited by auburn4ever

23 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

If we have problems moving the ball like we did last year, then Malzahn will have to make changes and let Lashlee go because he (Rehtt) is the OC/QB coach.

I figured you were going to say we should make the change now, we still have a week to go.

15 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I figured you were going to say we should make the change now, we still have a week to go.

suits me.....i was never a procrastinator.....don't wait to do things that you know that you are going to have to do eventually

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

suits me.....i was never a procrastinator.....don't wait to do things that you know that you are going to have to do eventually

Go away

27 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

Brilliant lets just get through the season at hand. 

Jarrett is visiting AU for the 2nd time in 2 weeks for the Clemson game & flying again, You know that's expensive and time consuming so you know he has to be very interested in AU at the very least...

Auburn, AL this weekend✈️✈️

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Jarrett is visiting AU for the 2nd time in 2 weeks for the Clemson game & flying again, You know that's expensive and time consuming so you know he has to be very interested in AU at the very least...

Good news potentially. Hope he loves it. I am tired of competing with T A&M for recruits, esp. important ones. Jarrett would look great in Orange and Blue.

7 hours ago, KerryThachWDE said:

someones happy to be in auburn 

I just decided we really need this guy. He knows where and when to use capitalization, something that seems to elude many of his age group including some of my immediate family members. This is no small thing, particularly in a QB. It indicates attention to detail and willingness to do things properly.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I just decided we really need this guy. He knows where and when to use capitalization, something that seems to elude many of his age group including some of my immediate family members. This is no small thing, particularly in a QB. It indicates attention to detail and willingness to do things properly.

Yep....nice to see a tweet that I can read and understand.....sign that boy up....