***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

17 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Stidham is not even on his Juco football team.

It was a joke. World must be freezing over. I'm getting sarcasm others aren't.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I heard Stidham isnt even starting QB at his juco school. 

So I guess that would mean two years in a row that we recruited a QB who didn't start at his JUCO school.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, autan said:

So I guess that would mean two years in a row that we recruited a QB who didn't start at his JUCO school.

And if we get Gatewood we will have a 2nd/3rd string high school QB......dare i say, unstoppable? This staff is on a roll. 

Oops, back to Stidham.

Edited by AU80cruiser

16 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Stidham is not even on his Juco football team.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

It was a joke. World must be freezing over. I'm getting sarcasm others aren't.

Unless I'm reading your response wrong, don't worry, you're still not getting sarcasm that others are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Unless I'm reading your response wrong, don't worry, you're still not getting sarcasm that others are.

We'll have to wait til JFD chimes in. lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Exactly right, McLoofus. Come on E.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

We'll have to wait til JFD chimes in. lol

Funny. E, I love ya. You add a ton the the forum. Thanks. No sarcasm on this note. I was adding to the sarcasm in the other reply.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Is there a link saying why Jarrett is not playing?

No... but I can tell you, or you can read back. He's saving an year of eligibility.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Exactly right, McLoofus. Come on E.

Well I wasn't the only 1 who missed it. Cruiser thought it was a serious post too.

55 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

No... but I can tell you, or you can read back. He's saving an year of eligibility.

Yup. Would be dumb for him to play juco this year given teams that will need a QB will already want him anyway.

It's going to be AU or A&M. One advantage A&M has is they are starting a grad transfer qb which gives him a better shot at being the starter day 1. Imo he will have to win the job at AU from either SW or JF3 after we have a good possibly great season. I think Stidham is capable of beating both out though and he is an absolute perfect fit for our offense. 

9 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

It's going to be AU or A&M. One advantage A&M has is they are starting a grad transfer qb which gives him a better shot at being the starter day 1. Imo he will have to win the job at AU from either SW or JF3 after we have a good possibly great season. I think Stidham is capable of beating both out though and he is an absolute perfect fit for our offense. 

Was thinking about that. If Sean has a great season as a sophomore, that won't help our case with anybody that has shortened eligibility. But if Sean does have a great season, I'm much less worried about getting Stidham. I'm sure he's a perfect fit and all that, but we say that with some regularity around here and we're wrong more often than not. And I realize we need quality depth at the position and I'm fully in favor of getting the best guys we can no matter how good QB1 is. But if Stidham doesn't come because it looks like we might already have our guy? Yes, please. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Was thinking about that. If Sean has a great season as a sophomore, that won't help our case with anybody that has shortened eligibility. But if Sean does have a great season, I'm much less worried about getting Stidham. I'm sure he's a perfect fit and all that, but we say that with some regularity around here and we're wrong more often than not. And I realize we need quality depth at the position and I'm fully in favor of getting the best guys we can no matter how good QB1 is. But if Stidham doesn't come because it looks like we might already have our guy? Yes, please. 

This. He seems to really like Auburn/Gus, so the only way I see us losing him is if Sean actually ends up being comparable in talent to him, which is a win for us, anyway.

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

What part does Kendall Briles play in either AU or A&M landing JS?  A&M has a 1st year OC and we should be looking for one if CRL moves on to greener pastures.  In your opinion, does Auburn hire CKB whether we land JS or not?

15 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What part does Kendall Briles play in either AU or A&M landing JS?  A&M has a 1st year OC and we should be looking for one if CRL moves on to greener pastures.  In your opinion, does Auburn hire CKB whether we land JS or not?

1. Very big for AU. AU likely has to get Briles to get JS. aTm doesn't. Aggies have a more favorable depth chart as they don't have much at QB after Knight finishes this season. It's also his & his girlfriend's home state. Whoever gets her likely gets JS. JS is OVing later this year & she is coming with on her 1st AU visit. It would help AU if AU wows her. 2. Yes. As has been said before Gus was looking at getting KB long before JS became an option as a transfer QB.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

This. He seems to really like Auburn/Gus, so the only way I see us losing him is if Sean actually ends up being comparable in talent to him, which is a win for us, anyway.

aTm is a very real threat & w/out the KB factor they would have the advantage right now IMO.

Edited by ellitor

2 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

He will still have some pretty good competition at A&M. Other than Knight, A&M has 7 additional QB's on the roster that are not seniors. That is a lot of QB's. Plus Mond is committed and is having quite a good year. All that being said, Stidham is probably not afraid to compete against anyone.