***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

10 hours ago, DAG said:

Do people think SW is going to go against the 2s of clemson, Bama, UGA? I don't get why that matters. If SW is the presumable starter, that won't cut it.

The good part is that the D coaches threw everything at him and he settled in after a while.  We're going to have a talented front and a talented secondary..this was a good warm-up to shake off the rust, help with communication, etc.  Hope to see more improvement at the next scrimmage.

14 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

The good part is that the D coaches threw everything at him and he settled in after a while.  We're going to have a talented front and a talented secondary..this was a good warm-up to shake off the rust, help with communication, etc.  Hope to see more improvement at the next scrimmage.

I agree with that. This will prepare him and then some for what he will be seeing with the quality teams that he will face

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Lets get back to Jarrett Stidham  discussion. Lord knows we have enough SW on the football forum

Won't matter who AU gets at QB next year. Won't have no one to coach em.

48 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Won't matter who AU gets at QB next year. Won't have no one to coach em.

I think most of us agree that the players need coaching, your positivism in truly refreshing, though. 

38 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Unless they get KB 

This. Bayor's QB development has been one of the best in the country the past few years. Art Briles was obviously a big part of that, but Kendall has been the OC for the last few years. We'll see what their offense/play calling looks like this year, but I would wager that Kendall was a bigger part of their success than a lot of people realize. 

I just hope that we really are planning on Kendall coming in as OC next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Unless they get KB 

I think WDE has repetitively mentioned Gus doesn't listen to his assistants like he should. So would KB really make a noticeable difference other than bringing Stidham with him?

As long as Gus is still here KB will be here next year. I am not sure how good of a coach he is but I know our coaches think very highly of him and Bird who has met him and knows coaching says he is very good so I will defer to them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

As long as Gus is still here KB will be here next year. I am not sure how good of a coach he is but I know our coaches think very highly of him and Bird who has met him and knows coaching says he is very good so I will defer to them.

I like it.  Perception is key.  

35 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Bird Likes KB

In Bird We Trust.

Somewhere Golf just died....thanks.

36 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Somewhere Golf just died....thanks.

Your thanking someone for me dying.......man what has the world come to. Hell my wife says I passed away years ago.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Your thanking someone for me dying.......man what has the world come to. Hell my wife says I passed away years ago.

She didn't say you were a stiff, she said it's been years since you've been stiff

• Like 7

On 8/14/2016 at 7:01 PM, ellitor said:

Yes but what was conveniently left out from those posts that are on the forum is Sean went strictly against the 1s all day & JF3 went strictly against the 2s. 1st string CBs apparently played tight man the whole practice & had the WRs on lockdown. Also 1st string DL was in gear & gave Sean no time to throw. If Sean went against the 2s & JF3 against the 1s I think Sean vs 1s would be better than JF3 vs 1s &  be better both vs the 2s as well...at least yesterday

No idea if that occurred or not, but let's just go with it.  You've got a 3 man QB race (supposedly, wink-wink).  Scrimmage #1 was vanilla to supposedly get "reps for the freshman" and have them ready to go at scrimmage #2.  Turns out scrimmage #2 is in front of alumni/donors so Gus (by all accounts/history) isn't gonna show much in these conditions.

So now, with our 3 QB race, the most experienced guy sits out with a minor hand injury (bruised and makes perfect sense) so GM/RL can get some better looks at the other two. Early reports are that both perform poorly with SW committing 2 TO's and JF3 committing 1 TO, and neither looking good in the passing game, but SW did move the O late in the scrimmage (was that situational, 2 min, goal line, etc.? LOL).

Now we hear that SW competed against the 1's and JF3 competed against the 2's (or maybe walkons, i'm not sure).

So after TLDR, my question is, why, in God's name, would you try to evaluate 2 QB's by putting them against 2 different defenses and try to compare those results?  It makes no sense to me, UNLESS YOU'VE ALREADY MADE YOUR CHOICE AND JUST AREN'T MAKING THAT CHOICE PUBLICLY KNOWN.

I'll hang up and listen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oracle79 said:

No idea if that occurred or not, but let's just go with it.  You've got a 3 man QB race (supposedly, wink-wink).  Scrimmage #1 was vanilla to supposedly get "reps for the freshman" and have them ready to go at scrimmage #2.  Turns out scrimmage #2 is in front of alumni/donors so Gus (by all accounts/history) isn't gonna show much in these conditions.

So now, with our 3 QB race, the most experienced guy sits out with a minor hand injury (bruised and makes perfect sense) so GM/RL can get some better looks at the other two. Early reports are that both perform poorly with SW committing 2 TO's and JF3 committing 1 TO, and neither looking good in the passing game, but SW did move the O late in the scrimmage (was that situational, 2 min, goal line, etc.? LOL).

Now we hear that SW competed against the 1's and JF3 competed against the 2's (or maybe walkons, i'm not sure).

So after TLDR, my question is, why, in God's name, would you try to evaluate 2 QB's by putting them against 2 different defenses and try to compare those results?  It makes no sense to me, UNLESS YOU'VE ALREADY MADE YOUR CHOICE AND JUST AREN'T MAKING THAT CHOICE PUBLICLY KNOWN.

I'll hang up and listen.

Right? Doesn't make sense at all to throw Sean against the ones and JF3 against the twos if there is a genuine QB competition.

14 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Agree. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, brad5628AU said:

I think WDE has repetitively mentioned Gus doesn't listen to his assistants like he should. So would KB really make a noticeable difference other than bringing Stidham with him?

I think Gus listens to the guys he is comfortable with........ Rheet, Herd & Horton. Just not DC. 

He really listens to Hand's suggestions.  He was a huge addition to the staff and not just from a coaching standpoint.

• Like 2