***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

58 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I just decided we really need this guy. He knows where and when to use capitalization, something that seems to elude many of his age group including some of my immediate family members. This is no small thing, particularly in a QB. It indicates attention to detail and willingness to do things properly.

Punctuation is huge when it comes to being a great student athlete. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skyler97 said:

If I'm a QB no way in hell I play for Gus. 

Well I'm afraid I have to agree with this. After watching that 'pull a name out of a hat, whose turn is it now, quarterback by committee fiasco' last night, I don't see how the young man could be attracted to Auburn now.

You guys have to know and Jarrett does too that if he comes to Auburn there would be no more QB by committee.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Altima said:

The only way Stidham comes to AU, is if K Briles is here...

That means a lot has to happen... 

Altima, if we hired Kendall, would Gus "trust" him enough to give him the OC job with little or no interference?  Would Gus allow him to possibly change from a run first offensive plan to a more balanced run/pass offense?  Seems we are at a crossroads with our coaching staff.

Last night made me both more optimistic and pessimistic at the same time--optimistic because we were in the position where we SHOULD'VE beaten a team most pundits would blow us out by at least three touchdowns, pessimistic because Gus's horrific play calling might deter KB and JS. I'm also concerned about whether we can get a decent head coach. I don't believe we shouldn't, since there's five other teams that have to share the division with UAT. For the past thirty-five years, we've always rebounded quickly when we hit a slump, so I have to believe that with JS and an experienced group of WRs (remember the sophomore thread), we should rebound again before the decade ends. We don't want the Kick 6 to be like Punt Bama Punt in more ways than just one.

Also, I have to believe something is going on behind the scenes. Especially with Kamryn Pettway not playing and the general silence by those in the know surrounding it.

Edited by AUwent

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Altima, if we hired Kendall, would Gus "trust" him enough to give him the OC job with little or no interference?  Would Gus allow him to possibly change from a run first offensive plan to a more balanced run/pass offense?  Seems we are at a crossroads with our coaching staff.

This is the question that concerns me too. HC's typically have coordinators on the side of the ball the HC's coached bend to the HC's will

13 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think we unfortunately all know the answer to this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

I think we unfortunately all know the answer to this.

So maybe the answer is to fire Gus and hire Kendall and maybe he will keep the D staff.

3 hours ago, WinForAuburn said:

Agree 100%.  There is no way I would sign here after what I just saw.  

Apparently, Gus said today White starts again this week and JFIII is getting the backup snaps. I think we are basically down to 2 and I would expect White to get by far, the majority of snaps and JFIII will have packages. I do not have an issue with this. I do not think recruits are feeling the same way as the posters that are saying they they would not consider AU if they were a QB. These recruits remember Nic Marshall and Cam Newton. JMO but some fans can't remember what happened 5 minutes ago.

BTW, Stidham had a great trip to AU and he said he has no issues with the QB situation at AU.

• Like 2

You always have to remember that, where many fans see a failing coach, many stud QB recruits are going to see a clear cut path to immediate playing time. No spin necessary, because the carousel is already spinning quite nicely. "We are executing this game plan we found at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box because we don't have you."

• Like 4

Thankfully, Stidham, as well as most other recruits, aren't as fickle as many AU fans.  He knows that one game (a first game of the year) where the coaches are trying to figure out who is the best QB in real game situations is not an end all deal breaker when it comes to the coaching he would receive at a particular University.  It was just one game.  If all 12 looked like that, then I would agree no one should ever willfully decide to play for that coaching staff.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I don't think this is correct. 

Maybe not K Briles, in particular... but changes would have to be made if Stidham signs... 

highly doubt Lashlee would be his position coach...  that wouldn't fly.

Edited by Altima
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I don't think this is correct. 

My growing fear at this point would be that Herman's success at Houston vaults him into the Baylor job, opening up a HC gig for KB and taking Stidham with him.

6 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

BTW, Stidham had a great trip to AU and he said he has no issues with the QB situation at AU.

tumblr_inline_nts3j9LGlW1rkm0hf_500.gif

Well I'll be....

1 hour ago, au_bsci_04 said:

My growing fear at this point would be that Herman's success at Houston vaults him into the Baylor job, opening up a HC gig for KB and taking Stidham with him.   

Herman is happy at Houston and has made them into a serious contender.  As long as they can pay him an acceptable salary, I think he stays there.  If, by chance, he goes anywhere, IMO it would be LSU.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

This is only KB's second year as an OC. I doubt most quality programs thnk he has enough experience yet. I know what Bird has posted but my bigger concern is Art finding a job & KB following him.