***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

21 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

He will still have some pretty good competition at A&M. Other than Knight, A&M has 7 additional QB's on the roster that are not seniors. That is a lot of QB's. Plus Mond is committed and is having quite a good year. All that being said, Stidham is probably not afraid to compete against anyone.

Most of their QBs are walk ons. They only have 1 returning 3* & 1 returning 2 * for 2017 on their roster. That's it. Not much competition at all. Also if JS picks aTm Mond could easily be in play for us again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

1. Very big for AU. AU likely has to get Briles to get JS. aTm doesn't. Aggies have a more favorable depth chart as they don't have much at QB after Knight finishes this season. It's also his & his girlfriend's home state. Whoever gets her likely gets JS. JS is OVing later this year & she is coming with on her 1st AU visit. It would help AU if AU wows her. 2. Yes. As has been said before Gus was looking at getting KB long before JS became an option as a transfer QB.

Thanks for the response E, it will be another interesting off season.  Always entertaining.

In the world of QBs, things change weekly. We just need to keep calm. I actually hope Sean lights it up and scares JS off. But realistically we still need someone else to compete next year should Sean get injured. Jf3, queen, Barrett might be hiesman material but we need some more hands. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, alexava said:

In the world of QBs, things change weekly. We just need to keep calm. I actually hope Sean lights it up and scares JS off. But realistically we still need someone else to compete next year should Sean get injured. Jf3, queen, Barrett might be hiesman material but we need some more hands. 

Amen, sir. 

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

No. He has decided to not come this weekend & will OV later instead.

Do you think it could be that his heart might be with A & M and he wouldn't want to show that emotion on a visit?  If we were playing anyone else he would be all AU for sure.

Will the outcome of this game affect his decision? Given how many P5 home games in a row we've lost (and that it started with A&M), this might be the most important game of the season. The very thought of losing ANOTHER P5 game in JHS makes me nauseous.

If SW keeps playing like he did last week, with WB as backup the stakes are a bit lower here. But if he's not the answer, I shudder to think of missing out on Stidham, and of how long we could be down for if we don't get him.

The fact that I'm busy tomorrow night doesn't help my nerves for sure.

Edited by AUwent

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Will the outcome of this game affect his decision? Given how many P5 home games in a row we've lost (and that it started with A&M), this might be the most important game of the season. The very thought of losing ANOTHER P5 game in JHS makes me nauseous.

Unlikely. What likely will affect his decision is if we have KB and maybe if his GF is on board with the idea of her transferring to AU too. She is coming on his OV to AU and it would not hurt to sell her pretty hard about transferring to AU as well.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Unlikely. What likely will affect his decision is if we have KB and maybe if his GF is on board with the idea of her transferring to AU too. She is coming on his OV to AU and it would not hurt to sell her pretty hard about transferring to AU as well.

She is one good looking female 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

She is one good looking female 

She would definitely fit in on The Loveliest Villiage On The Plains...An AU Recruiting Reporter follows her on twitter which I thought was weird.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

She would definitely fit in on The Loveliest Villiage On The Plains...An AU Recruiting Reporter follows her on twitter which I thought was weird.

Well if I done Twitter I would follow her. She could make a good man go bad doubt she likes PBR's

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well if I done Twitter I would follow her. She could make a good man go bad doubt she likes PBR's

Good men are just bad men who haven't met the right girl yet, right? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good men are just bad men who haven't met the right girl yet, right? 

Hell as old as I am I've done just about all the bad you can do. Damn lucky I'm not dead yet.....

• Like 3

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

There is only one person we know that likes PBR's golf, and it's too late for him to change.

4 minutes ago, douggwilliams said:

So, which does he like more, an upcoming program with a coach known for developing QBs or a team that needs him so bad, he starts day 1.  This is not good.

That's a no-brainer in my opinion.

1 hour ago, douggwilliams said:

So, which does he like more, an upcoming program with a coach known for developing QBs or a team that needs him so bad, he starts day 1.  This is not good.

I would not say Sumlin in known for developing QBs given all his QBs transferring after Johnny Football went pro.

11 hours ago, douggwilliams said:

Not 100% sure how much he developed them, but he has worked with some impressive names

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1999041-kevin-sumlins-absolutely-ridiculous-quarterback-tree#

Yes he has a good early history, Recently, not so much.

On 9/18/2016 at 9:12 AM, douggwilliams said:

Not 100% sure how much he developed them, but he has worked with some impressive names

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1999041-kevin-sumlins-absolutely-ridiculous-quarterback-tree#

And Scot Loeffler coached Tom Brady.  Sumlin just had 2 QBs quit in the same off-season because they didn't like how he handled the team.  

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Per the TAMU Rivals (I think) mod:

"A&M isn't pursuing Stidham and have told the Mond's they have no interest in taking him."

Wow... that's interesting.  They must have one hell of a silent commit, because they have no QBs on their roster for next year and their only other commit is a 3 star.  Maybe he's the next Lamar Jackson... even though he's a pro-style QB...

Nevermind.. read that wrong... I read it as they didn't want either.  I need to go home.

Edited by lionheartkc