***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

We don't have a true QB committed for 2017. Tray Bishop is really good but, he's more of an Ath.

Edited by auburn4ever

With yesterday's scrimmage in mind, Gus needs this guy to save his job, as I expect '17 will be his last chance to show improvement. I know that Woody will have had a year on campus, but in case he gets injured, and his availability and Tre's presence are the only differences next year, then we're right back at square one with Tre being a TF.

Having Stidham and Woody would make for a QB situation worlds better than that of this year, and would allow Tre to provide DB depth.

4 hours ago, AUwent said:

With yesterday's scrimmage in mind, Gus needs this guy to save his job, as I expect '17 will be his last chance to show improvement. I know that Woody will have had a year on campus, but in case he gets injured, and his availability and Tre's presence are the only differences next year, then we're right back at square one with Tre being a TF.

Yup. Cuz there is no question this year's QB will suck & should not even be on scholly next year.

Can't judge a whole season by 1 scrimmage, especially if the AU D is as good as it's shaping up to be.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

Having Stidham and Woody would make for a QB situation worlds better than that of this year, and would allow Tre to provide DB depth.

So you are writing off the 2016 season before the first down has been played.

6 hours ago, AUwent said:

With yesterday's scrimmage in mind, Gus needs this guy to save his job, ..........

According to several former players, Sean White looked pretty good in yesterday's scrimmage. Do you expect White to turn pro after the '16 season?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

According to several former players, Sean White looked pretty good in yesterday's scrimmage. Do you expect White to turn pro after the '16 season?

What did the former players have to say & which former players was it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I heard both were horrible. Not one passing TD was thrown in the situational drills. SW had two interceptions, etc.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I heard both were horrible. Not one passing TD was thrown in the situational drills. SW had two interceptions, etc.

Apparently, this is pretty good.  Maybe these former players were on the 2012 squad. The only way I can justify their conclusion. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Yes but what was conveniently left out from those posts that are on the forum is Sean went strictly against the 1s all day & JF3 went strictly against the 2s. 1st string CBs apparently played tight man the whole practice & had the WRs on lockdown. Also 1st string DL was in gear & gave Sean no time to throw. If Sean went against the 2s & JF3 against the 1s I think Sean vs 1s would be better than JF3 vs 1s &  be better both vs the 2s as well...at least yesterday

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Apparently, this is pretty good.  Maybe these former players were on the 2012 squad. The only way I can justify their conclusion. 

Not sure but my educated guess is 1 was Ronnie Brown since he is covering the team now.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Yes but what was conveniently left out from those posts that are on the forum is Sean went strictly against the 1s all day & JF3 went strictly against the 2s. 1st string CBs apparently played tight man the whole practice & had the WRs on lockdown. Also 1st string DL was in gear & gave Sean no time to throw. If Sean went against the 2s & JF3 against the 1s I think Sean vs 1s would be better than JF3 vs 1s &  be better both vs the 2s as well...at least yesterday

You are correct, E.  From what I was told, the defense was giving all of the O problems and that once SW settled a little he began driving them pretty well.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I don't care if SW went against Bama, no passing TDs and two interceptions goes against what Mikey heard. I didn't say JF3 played better than him.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I don't care if SW went against Bama, no passing TDs and two interceptions goes against what Mikey heard. I didn't say JF3 played better than him.

That's your opinion which is fine. I was just pointing out there was information I thought was worth noting in comparing their performance yesterday. It's ok that info does not alter your opinion.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He and I don't know. We weren't there. He was just passing on what was said from former players, that Sean played well considering the conditions of the situational drills & improved as the day progressed. That's their opinion, not ours. You can accept it or not.

I had rejected the opinion as false long before you gave me immaterial information of JF3 practicing against the 2s. Notice that I didn't reject or rebuke Mikey for hearing the info though.

33 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Do people think SW is going to go against the 2s of clemson, Bama, UGA? I don't get why that matters. If SW is the presumable starter, that won't cut it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I had rejected the opinion as false long before you gave me immaterial information of JF3 practicing against the 2s. Notice that I didn't reject or rebuke Mikey for hearing the info though.

Your post tone came across like you were. And it's fine to disagree with former players but to outright say they are definitively false without you being there to see for yourself & act like you know more than former players is :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Do people think SW is going to go against the 2s of clemson, Bama, UGA? I don't get why that matters. If SW is the presumable starter, that won't cut it.

Not what I was trying to say or imply. Was just passing on info. Like I said, y'all can crap on it and former players or not. As for me I'm done w/ all the BS that goes on from a few posters and their attitudes. And yes I know I'm part of that. But it's best for my blood pressure that I'm out. I'm tired of arguing & fighting about AU football. I'm going to enjoy it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not what I was trying to say or imply. Was just passing on info. Like I said, y'all can crap on it and former players or not. As for me I'm done w/ all the BS that goes on from a few posters and their attitudes. And yes I know I'm part of that. But it's best for my blood pressure that I'm out. I'm tired of arguing & fighting about AU football. I'm going to enjoy it.

Yes, as a health professional, I would recommend you step away from discourse from a few posters if this is causing you to have hypertension. It would be a shame for you to have an aneurysm over something being posted on a message board.

Edited by DAG

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Your post tone came across like you were. And it's fine to disagree with former players but to outright say they are definitively false without you being there to see for yourself & act like you know more than former players is :thumbsdown:

Well I heard both QBs played awful through our insiders and through various links and sites and, now, I have heard through an unverifiable source with a distinguishable bias toward SW that SW "played pretty good." Whatever, I don't give a damn.

Paxton Lynch in the Birmingham Bowl was harassed all day, hit 17 of 38 passes, threw an interception, and overall looked awful.  Our QB's are facing a better defensive line that has superior talent and knows their plays.  Yeah, our QB's need to be better at throwing the ball away and our o line needs to develop, but that defensive line plays for us.  We'll be fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

It's been written that there were over 1,000 "guests" at Saturday's scrimmage and a large number of them were former players. I wouldn't be at all surprised if some were on the team in 2012. Or 2010 or 2004 or 1983.

Does any thread stay on topic around here anymore?:dunno:  Anyways, I hope we get this young man. Even though I believe SW will be a great QB for us, it's always good to have other quality arms in the arsenal. Not knocking any of our other QB's. Just my two cents.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

That's your opinion which is fine. I was just pointing out there was information I thought was worth noting in comparing their performance yesterday. It's ok that info does not alter your opinion.

Thanks E...that info is good to know.