***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

1 hour ago, KerryThachWDE said:

that's what im saying.  he's from the tree and he installed Briles offense at Texas in his first full year as OC.  I could only imagine what KB could do having seen the offense his whole life.

I still don't think it would be enough for him to get a HC job.

Edited by ellitor

29 minutes ago, bg5 said:

I think we get JS and it settles our QB trouble for the next three years. I think he fits us so well and with the RB's and young WR's we have this Off. could turn great again. In an odd way I think the fact that the Def. has made a turn around might actually attract better Off. players. It would be awesome to see both sides clicking at the same time. I think after the Clemson game Gus has got the message we will see over the next three weeks but I still have faith we can turn it around. JS sure is showing a lot of interest seemingly more than he has for T A&M.

If it settles our O I don't see him at AU more than 2 years FWIW.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

If it settles our O I don't see him at AU more than 2 years FWIW.

True, Right now I will take one year but two would be great. Maybe by then Joey will be fully ready to go.

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Why would we go after Jimbo again? he's turned us down twice. My top 4 are Tom Herman. Bobby Petrino, David Shaw and Mark Stoops.

No possible way on Petrino, he is a horrible person. No way on Stoops. He has not shown he can do much yet. David Shaw. Great coach, he won't be coming to AU though. His next step IMO is the NFL. Tom Herman, another great choice; I think he could be LSU's choice if they can afford him. Plus being at Houston, he is in the same recruiting area as LSU.

I would certainly take Fisher, if we could get him. He could leave if he gets tired of the money woes at FSU. I think he almost left for LSU last year. The man can coach, and he has coached at AU before.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I heard he wants a bunch of quarters back after paying to see our offense last week.

5 minimum

Petrine is a cancer and will NEVER coach @ AU. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WarTim said:

Petrine is a cancer and will NEVER coach @ AU. 

Agreed but, damn, that guy can coach. I wish we could somehow get a coach with his ability that isn't a flaming a-----e. Maybe KB is that guy. Hope Stigdham ends up AU and has somebody there to help him maximize his incredible potential.

1 hour ago, jluvah said:

Petrine is a cancer and will never coach @ AU (again).

FIFY

Thanks for the assistance 

Hate him or love him, the undeniable truth is he is a great evaluator of talent and just as good at developing it.  He is a QB master and play caller. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Hate him or love him, the undeniable truth is he is a great evaluator of talent and just as good at developing it.  He is a QB master and play caller. 

I hate to admit it, but that is 100% true.  

However, I hope our coaches will be successful with Jarrett Stidham.

(you see what I did right there)

Edited by AUpreacherman22

No doubt about Petrino being a great offensive coach and developer of talent.   But there are others who are just as good and they are not even remotely as dispicable of a human being as he.   

20 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I hate to admit it, but that is 100% true.  

However, I hope our coaches will be successful with Jarrett Stidham.

(you see what I did right there)

Agreed. Still would not want him. There have been several coaches that are very good that I would never want as the AU coach. Everyone's list is most likely different. 

I want someone who wins, REGARDLESS!  I'm sick and tired of seeing bama and others dominate college football while AU is winning 6 - 7 games per year with an occasional big season thrown in.  If it's Petrino, fine.  If it's someone else, that's fine too.  But some AU fans need to get of their holier than thou soap box (not pointing at anyone in particular).  I'm tired of seeing Jay Jacobs preaching about the Creed and what it means to be an Auburn man..That was great in the 60's and 70's. but in today's environment it's all about winning, and winning brings in $$$$ (in ticket sales and donations) to do great things for our university.

On 9/10/2016 at 11:08 AM, lala said:

No doubt about Petrino being a great offensive coach and developer of talent.   But there are others who are just as good and they are not even remotely as dispicable of a human being as he.   

Have any of you people ever met Petrino? 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Have any of you people ever met Petrino? 

why yes when he was in Atl. Not like we were neighbors or anything but I believe his exit from Atlanta and actions in Arky are a fine representation of his character.   

For the millionth time please stop talking about coaches who are not at AU now in this thread. There are other threads in other forums if you want to discuss them. Now get back & stay on Stidham here.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2