***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

23 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

When was the last time someone mentioned Jarrett Stidham in this thread?  Lol. FWIW, I think the Stidham/Briles combo could do wonders for our offense. 

I would love this, but I just feel like this is a pipedream. I won't believe it until I get the news that CRL has gone to greener pastures...

Just for the record, Briles has come out and said recently that he expects he'll get another head coaching gig after this season; obviously not on the level of Baylor, but he still expects to be a head coach none the less, so you might want to temper any pipedream thoughts about Briles joining Gus on the plains.

12 minutes ago, TigerWar said:

Just for the record, Briles has come out and said recently that he expects he'll get another head coaching gig after this season; obviously not on the level of Baylor, but he still expects to be a head coach none the less, so you might want to temper any pipedream thoughts about Briles joining Gus on the plains.

I expect this as well but stranger things have happen

Can't imagine younger Briles following dad to some lower rated programs.   

He's primed to move his career along and apparently is not tainted by what went on at Baylor.    Whether it's AU or not ...who knows?....but there are always a dozen good coordinator jobs open each year and he is probably among those who will be in demand.

^If our offense is bad enough this year, Gus may have to do that to keep his job. I wonder what Stidham would do if somewhere else hired Art Briles and we hired Kendal Briles.

19 hours ago, TigerWar said:

Just making sure you understand that they are talking about Briles son coming to AU, not Briles himself.  Why would he follow his dad to be OC at a low profile school when he could OC in the SEC? 

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Just making sure you understand that they are talking about Briles son coming to AU, not Briles himself.  Why would he follow his dad to be OC at a low profile school when he could OC in the SEC? 

Word is that Briles'dad would like for his son to gain more experience with a school other than the one he is coaching. If true, there is a decent chance he comes to AU.

3 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Word is that Briles'dad would like for his son to gain more experience with a school other than the one he is coaching. If true, there is a decent chance he comes to AU.

How old is younger Briles?  Is his daddy really telling him how to run his career?

• Like 1

Getting Jarrett Stidham and Kendal Briles would be an awesome combo for Auburn. I sure hope this dream comes true. I can already see us winning some Southeastern Conference Championships and National Championships. WAR EAGLE!!!

Edited by auburn4ever

It will be hard for Gus to let go of Lashlee. For this to happen, Lashlee would have to have a great season or a bad one. Having a bad season does not bode well for Gus. If we go 5 -7 or worse, Gus is gone without a doubt. I do not think this will happen though and think we are on track for a 9-3 or better season.

On August 16, 2016 at 8:17 PM, The Plainsman said:

Like Gus replacing Rhett and having Briles take over the top spot?

And then leaving for a HC job after a year like Boom. ?

• Like 1

On August 16, 2016 at 1:45 PM, AUpreacherman22 said:

When was the last time someone mentioned Jarrett Stidham in this thread?  Lol. FWIW, I think the Stidham/Briles combo could do wonders for our offense. 

Looks like Malik Henry will be available next year. Hes been suspended indef at FSU...insiders saying he's gone for good.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Looks like Malik Henry will be available next year. Hes been suspended indef at FSU...insiders saying he's gone for good.

That is not the type of guy I'd want in the locker room based on the stories I've heard from his time at FSU

Since Kendal hasn't been a head coach, he might want to be an OC at a power school like Auburn. Besides, if he came to Auburn, there's no telling how far our offense could go. Winning championships isn't out of the question. Look what Kiffin has done at UAT. I think Kendal is a a lot better OC than Kiffin.

5 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Since Kendal hasn't been a head coach, he might want to be an OC at a power school like Auburn. Besides, if he came to Auburn, there's no telling how far our offense could go. Winning championships isn't out of the question. Look what Kiffin has done at UAT. I think Kendal is a a lot better OC than Kiffin.

Who is this masked man?  Not the same a4e of the past!

Just to add to your Kiffen comments.  The reason he is so good is his NFL background being able to pick out and exploit weaknesses of the defenses.  He is one of the very best IMO.

1 hour ago, tinman said:

Who is this masked man?  Not the same a4e of the past!

Just to add to your Kiffen comments.  The reason he is so good is his NFL background being able to pick out and exploit weaknesses of the defenses.  He is one of the very best IMO.

Kiffin is absolutely one of the best offensive coordinators in college football. I know a lot of folks here don't want to hear that, but it is very true. Guys simply a stud OC.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Anybody bad enough to get the boot at FSU cannot possibly be a fit at Auburn.

Franklin III was at FSU.

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

Anybody bad enough to get the boot at FSU cannot possibly be a fit at Auburn.

8 hours ago, gman87 said:

Franklin III was at FSU.

As noted by AU80cruiser above, the operative term here is "get the boot". Franklin wasn't kicked out.

Edited by Mikey

If Gus wants his offense to really powerful, he should let Lashlee then go hire Kendal Briles as OC/QB coach in 2017. But if Gus make that move, then may find himself looking for a new coaching job.