***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

5 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I don't think we can pull Jimbo here. He'd probably only go to LSU if there is any chance he leaves FSU. 

He has coached at AU before. Definitely a big stretch to get him though.

14 hours ago, Altima said:

Maybe not K Briles, in particular... but changes would have to be made if Stidham signs... 

highly doubt Lashlee would be his position coach...  that wouldn't fly.

Lashlee won't be at AU next year. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

This is only KB's second year as an OC. I doubt most quality programs thnk he has enough experience yet. I know what Bird has posted but my bigger concern is Art finding a job & KB following him.

Hadn't even thought of Art as a viable coach given what transpired, but I guess if Petrino can get back into the driver's seat, Art likely will too at some point.  I just don't know if enough time will have gone by when teams will begin looking for that next hire for next season.  He still has an awful lot of "stink" on him right now.   

31 minutes ago, Woodstock Tiger said:

Hadn't even thought of Art as a viable coach given what transpired, but I guess if Petrino can get back into the driver's seat, Art likely will too at some point.  I just don't know if enough time will have gone by when teams will begin looking for that next hire for next season.  He still has an awful lot of "stink" on him right now.   

I don't know either but some in the AU AD feel Sridham is waiting to see if AB gets job. I'm concerned about him landing at LSU if they actually follow through with firing Les this year.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't know either but some in the AU AD feel Sridham is waiting to see if AB gets job. I'm concerned about him landing at LSU if they actually follow through with firing Les this year.

I don't know what happened at Baylor and what responsibility AB had in what transpired, but he was the head coach and takes the ultimate blame for it.  However, with our compliance department, provides the checks and balances that would be in place to control any lapse of judgment that may occur.  If AB is not ready to accept being in that type of situation, then that would tell us a lot.  I'm not saying we need to hire him as our coach IF we are looking for one in the near future, I just wouldn't turn him down out of hand.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don't know what happened at Baylor and what responsibility AB had in what transpired, but he was the head coach and takes the ultimate blame for it.  However, with our compliance department, provides the checks and balances that would be in place to control any lapse of judgment that may occur.  If AB is not ready to accept being in that type of situation, then that would tell us a lot.  I'm not saying we need to hire him as our coach IF we are looking for one in the near future, I just wouldn't turn him down out of hand.

Huh? I have not even touched AB to AU as a possibility. The AU possibility is his son, Kendall Briles. I was talking about AB possible at LSU if they fire Les. I know others disagree but I don't see Gus gone from here barring 4-8 or worse. If Gus sticks to what he said yesterday I don't see a losing record with this team barring serious injuries.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Huh? I have not even touched AB to AU as a possibility. The AU possibility is his son, Kendall Briles. I was talking about AB possible at LSU if they fire Les. I know others disagree but I don't see Gus gone from here barring 4-8 or worse. If Gus sticks to what he said yesterday I don't see a losing record with this team barring serious injuries.

I understand that we are looking at Kendall.  I just commented that IF we are looking at a coach in the near future (not necessarily the immediate future) we shouldn't disregard AB out of hand.  Sorry for the confusion.

37 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I understand that we are looking at Kendall.  I just commented that IF we are looking at a coach in the near future (not necessarily the immediate future) we shouldn't disregard AB out of hand.  Sorry for the confusion.

Ahhh. Gotcha.

I thin AB is a great coach but I can't see us getting anywhere near him. Whoever does get him is going to sell their souls like Louisville did with Petrino. At least in the near future.

1 hour ago, bg5 said:

I thin AB is a great coach but I can't see us getting anywhere near him. Whoever does get him is going to sell their souls like Louisville did with Petrino. At least in the near future.

I don't know that you can compare a one-time offender to someone who has been a low life his entire career. As many have said, no one knows how deep Briles was actually in the mess at Baylor. Prior to that, he was known as one of the good guys, unlike Petrino, who has had a stink on him since his first transition as a coach. 

• Like 2

Alright guys. This is the 4th or 5th time we have gotten on this sidebar in the Stidham thread. Let's get off and stay off that sidebar & get back to Stidham.

39 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I've heard that he plays quarterback.

And he is interested in coming to Auburn.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:32 PM, ellitor said:

This is only KB's second year as an OC. I doubt most quality programs thnk he has enough experience yet. I know what Bird has posted but my bigger concern is Art finding a job & KB following him.

Im sure KB will have no issues running the offense.  Correct me if im wrong here but isn't this Sterlin Gilbert's first year calling plays at Texas?  he was the QB coach/Co OC at Tulsa but I don't think he was calling the plays. 

Art Briles coaching again was discussed yesterday on XM radio.  they don't think any major program would pick him up this year.  he will have to go the Petrino route and coach at a smaller school first.  if I was KB, I would take the OC job at AU before I would follow my dad to a small school and still be under his shadow trying to make a name for myself.  if that were the case, would JS follow Briles to a smaller school knowing he might only be there a year or two?

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Gibert is part of the Briles coaching tree as well

that's what im saying.  he's from the tree and he installed Briles offense at Texas in his first full year as OC.  I could only imagine what KB could do having seen the offense his whole life.

I think we get JS and it settles our QB trouble for the next three years. I think he fits us so well and with the RB's and young WR's we have this Off. could turn great again. In an odd way I think the fact that the Def. has made a turn around might actually attract better Off. players. It would be awesome to see both sides clicking at the same time. I think after the Clemson game Gus has got the message we will see over the next three weeks but I still have faith we can turn it around. JS sure is showing a lot of interest seemingly more than he has for T A&M.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KerryThachWDE said:

Im sure KB will have no issues running the offense.  Correct me if im wrong here but isn't this Sterlin Gilbert's first year calling plays at Texas?  he was the QB coach/Co OC at Tulsa but I don't think he was calling the plays. 

My experience comment was KB as a HC as the post I replied to was talking about KB as HC. & KB could have a big issue running our O, Gus's relentless stubbornness.

Art Briles coaching again was discussed yesterday on XM radio.  they don't think any major program would pick him up this year.  he will have to go the Petrino route and coach at a smaller school first.  if I was KB, I would take the OC job at AU before I would follow my dad to a small school and still be under his shadow trying to make a name for myself.  if that were the case, would JS follow Briles to a smaller school knowing he might only be there a year or two?

XM people may be right but I just relaying that Art getting a job is the biggest concern some in the AD have about not getting Stidham. My guess is Stidham would folow the Briles at the bigger school. Art getting a quality job may be a long shot but JS appears determined to wait it out & see.