***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

JMO but if Stidham is truly tying his future to one of the Briles's it is a big mistake.  

There are lots of good coaches with offensive styles where he could thrive in their offense....AU for one....but probably a dozen others at a minimum.  JMO but linking his recruitment to KB or AB seems to indicate a lack of confidence..... that he might not be able to win a job in open competition against other talented QB candidates.   It can't be just about the offense because Briles is not unique. 

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

hmmm interesting. I never got that vibe from the pay site info of their sources speaking on this matter. Interesting. I always thought if Art got a HC job somewhere that could be a gamechanger but that does not look like that will happen anytime soon. I guess wherever Kendall Briles ends up could be a huge player for him. There has not been any new info on stidham in a long time.

I was talking more about WDE who has flat out said it at least twice. Also JLee has strongly indicated the past few months that KB is likely necessary to get JS.

56 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but if Stidham is truly tying his future to one of the Briles's it is a big mistake.  

There are lots of good coaches with offensive styles where he could thrive in their offense....AU for one....but probably a dozen others at a minimum.  JMO but linking his recruitment to KB or AB seems to indicate a lack of confidence..... that he might not be able to win a job in open competition against other talented QB candidates.   It can't be just about the offense because Briles is not unique. 

it does not indicate a lack of confidence. It's an indicator of high omfort level with the coaches he already is working with and has a relationship with.

Also remember that plans are for KB to be the Auburn OC next year. That plan may change but I haven't heard of it yet.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I was talking more about WDE who has flat out said it at least twice. Also JLee has strongly indicated the past few months that KB is likely necessary to get JS.

I expect what they say is the most likely scenario....but if KB does not get a job at AU ...or anywhere else next season?  Is JS just going to sit out the year?   Of if, because of the Baylor cloud, he goes to some lesser school does he follow him there?   I can understand the emotion of the situation but just wondering why a guy who is supposed to be so good, feels it necessary to attach himself to one coach ?   I'm guessing he parents must be supporting this ?  

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I expect what they say is the most likely scenario....but if KB does not get a job at AU ...or anywhere else next season?  Is JS just going to sit out the year?   Of if, because of the Baylor cloud, he goes to some lesser school does he follow him there?   I can understand the emotion of the situation but just wondering why a guy who is supposed to be so good, feels it necessary to attach himself to one coach ?   I'm guessing he parents must be supporting this ?  

KB is easily one of the best OC's in the country and will be OC at a P5 school next year somewhere. He does not have the cloud Art does on the Baylor sitch. All this hand wringing hypothetical questions about him not having a P5 school next year is a load of bunk IMO.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

it does not indicate a lack of confidence. It's an indicator of high omfort level with the coaches he already is working with and has a relationship with.

Also remember that plans are for KB to be the Auburn OC next year. That plan may change but I haven't heard of it yet.

Think I remember someone saying it was a high % that Rhett would either downgrade schools if offense performed poorly or take a small HC job if we did well. Sounded like odds were that he would leave regardless. But that may have just been pessimistic thinking during the first 3 weeks of the season.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I've always said AU is in it with Stidham even if KB does not come to AU. I still think this is the case. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

KB is easily one of the best OC's in the country and will be OC at a P5 school next year somewhere. He does not have the cloud Art does on the Baylor sitch. All this hand wringing hypothetical questions about him not having a P5 school next year is a load of bunk IMO.

How is Kendall blameless in all of this? Pretty sure he would know near as much as the head coach. After all, the head coach tried to insulate himself from the wrong doings as much as possible.

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

How is Kendall blameless in all of this? Pretty sure he would know near as much as the head coach. After all, the head coach tried to insulate himself from the wrong doings as much as possible.

Comments from AB seem to support this....in his interview recently he noted that things had happened under his watch which implies that people working for him had dealt with issues.  Names were not named but the next level on the organization chart are the coordinators.....

Just now, AU64 said:

Comments from AB seem to support this....in his interview recently he noted that things had happened under his watch which implies that people working for him had dealt with issues.  Names were not named but the next level on the organization chart are the coordinators.....

Think we should let the Briles/ Stidham pipe dream go. Kendall may not be the scapegoat but he was probably just as much involved.

27 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I've always said AU is in it with Stidham even if KB does not come to AU. I still think this is the case. 

With all due respect I don't recall you posting anything like that on this forum before now. I read everything you post and try to commit the important stuff like this to memory. The post that stands out to me the most is the one where you said Auburn's chances of getting JS would go way down if KB ended up somewhere like LSU.

My apologies to the board for the misinformation and misinterpretation.

Edited by ellitor

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Think we should let the Briles/ Stidham pipe dream go. Kendall may not be the scapegoat but he was probably just as much involved.

I think we should let this one play out and not get caught up in "probably's".  Gus might have his head stuck up his rear most of the time but will do things the right way when it comes to AU and his team. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With all due respect I don't recall you posting anything like that on this forum before now. I read everything you post and try to commit the important stuff like this to memory. The post that stands out to me the most is the one where you said Auburn's chances of getting JS would go way down if KB ended up somewhere like LSU.

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I think we should let this one play out and not get caught up in "probably's".  Gus might have his head stuck up his rear most of the time but will do things the right way when it comes to AU and his team. 

Or I can express my opinion just like everyone else on the board. 

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No worries. If KB got a gig at another top 15 school, like LSU, then AU would have a dog fight to get Stidham. 

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

If the people in charge at Baylor thought that he wouldn't be the OC there now right? Just saying. And FTR I never said nor implied KB was blameless.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

If the people in charge at Baylor thought that he wouldn't be the OC there now right? Just saying. And FTR I never said nor implied KB was blameless.

Don't know. It appears Baylor offered up the HC as the atonement for a myriad of scandals and allegations while also proclaiming they are looking to change the culture. It also appears that the Baylor AD didn't want to go back to Baylor football of the early 2000's either so their promises of changed cultures are going to come from anywhere but from the football staff.

If Baylor thought Kendall Briles or any other coach still on staff had any culpability in this, they would have been gone.  They were in full on "clean house" mode.  If anything, the Briles surname made him even more likely to get canned if anything was even borderline.

I think we're still the leader for Stidham.  If Rhett leaves for another job, Kendall Briles is the clear top candidate to replace him, making the Stidham move to Auburn virtually iron-clad.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

If Baylor thought Kendall Briles or any other coach still on staff had any culpability in this, they would have been gone.  They were in full on "clean house" mode.  If anything, the Briles surname made him even more likely to get canned if anything was even borderline.

I think we're still the leader for Stidham.  If Rhett leaves for another job, Kendall Briles is the clear top candidate to replace him, making the Stidham move to Auburn virtually iron-clad.

Kendall is one of the leaders of the Coach Art Briles moverment. He literally writes CAB on his hands in support of Art. I understand he loves his dad but we don't want our university hiring a person so insensitive to the message that he is sending out. 

Pretty good article discussing the dilemma I briefly discussed above:

http://www.dailyrecord.com/story/sports/ncaaf/big12/2016/10/31/baylor-football-sexual-assault-art-briles-ken-starr-title-ix/93004402/

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Kendall is one of the leaders of the Coach Art Briles moverment. He literally writes CAB on his hands in support of Art. I understand he loves his dad but we don't want our university hiring a person so insensitive to the message that he is sending out. 

Pretty good article discussing the dilemma I briefly discussed above:

http://www.dailyrecord.com/story/sports/ncaaf/big12/2016/10/31/baylor-football-sexual-assault-art-briles-ken-starr-title-ix/93004402/

Yes.  It's his dad.  I would expect nothing less.  But Kendall has not been shown to have had any involvement or any knowledge whatsoever with the problems that got his dad fired.  You can feel the way you feel all day long, but him showing support for his father is not going to factor one scintilla in whether or not we hire him.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Yes.  It's his dad.  I would expect nothing less.  But Kendall has not been shown to have had any involvement or any knowledge whatsoever with the problems that got his dad fired.  You can feel the way you feel all day long, but him showing support for his father is not going to factor one scintilla in whether or not we hire him.

Yeah. Well the same article details how the assistant football coaches knew much about the incidents as well. It's only common sense that he knew what his dad knew. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yeah. Well the same article details how the assistant football coaches knew much about the incidents as well. It's only common sense that he knew what his dad knew. 

You could say that about Cam too.

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Cam knew what his dad was doing too. <_<

And I'm not seeing where the article implicates the "assistants", much less Kendall.  I see a mention of one assistant.

• Like 1

Just now, The Freak said:

You could say that about Cam too.

I'm not one of those posters that thinks Auburn has a clean record,has never cheated, and has never benefitted from illegal activity. Same for every other SEC institution. So, yeah, I agree.