***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Since when do we make decisions by expecting someone to prove a negative?  This is the proverbial "when did you stop beating your wife?" scenario.

At the very least, he is working with at least one coach that didn't properly do his job in protecting the female population given that multiple football staff members were involved but only the HC was fired. And I am not the court of law. Don't want anybody from that staff. Let's be fair, the literature doesn't absolve him from anything any more than it indicates his innocence. It's hilarious how Auburn fans are so sure this guy is innocent.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I guess I could have missed it but what other schools have expressed interest in either of the Briles family? As best I can tell from looking around the Internet Auburn seems to be the only school with any open interest . I wonder why that is? 

No one, including Auburn, has openly expressed interest in Kendall, because he's currently not available, and it's not coaching carousel time. Let the season end and the firings begin and his name will start popping up. Baylor will hire their new coach... he'll clean house to bring in his own staff... and Kendall will have plenty of interviews.

As for Art... he has been mentioned as an LSU option, but that was probably just media speculation. I, personally think he may need to sit another year for all of the lawsuits to clear.  I also think, if and when the whole truth comes out, it will become apparent that the system was screwed up and not the coach.

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

At the very least, he is working with at least one coach that didn't properly do his job in protecting the female population given that multiple football staff members were involved but only the HC was fired. And I am not the court of law. Don't want anybody from that staff. Let's be fair, the literature doesn't absolve him from anything any more than it indicates his innocence. It's hilarious how Auburn fans are so sure this guy is innocent.

And I believe if you're getting ready to fire a guy's father, there's no way you keep the son on staff if you think he had anything to do with it.

I expect Auburn to do its due diligence.  I'm not going to start declaring people off limits just because you *think* something might have happened with them.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And I believe if you're getting ready to fire a guy's father, there's no way you keep the son on staff if you think he had anything to do with it.

It appears from The NY Times article that keeping continuity from within the football program was of most importance to the AD. If that is the goal, keeping the son makes sense. Nobody is ever going to accuse Baylor's self imposed punishment of firing Art and the president as anything other than half-hearted and an easy out. They needed to change the culture. All the staff is doing now is embracing the resistance of the culture change. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

It appears from The NY Times article that keeping continuity from within the football program was of most importance to the AD. If that is the goal, keeping the son makes sense. Nobody is ever going to accuse Baylor's self imposed punishment of firing Art and the president as anything other than half-hearted and an easy out. They needed to change the culture. All the staff is doing now is embracing the resistance of the culture change. 

There's continuity and then there's organizational suicide.  Kendall's head was on the chopping block the second they decided to can his father.  It would take more than a desire for continuity to save his hide if they had any reason to believe he was involved in the decisions on this stuff.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

No one, including Auburn, has openly expressed interest in Kendall, because he's currently not available, and it's not coaching carousel time. Let the season end and the firings begin and his name will start popping up. Baylor will hire their new coach... he'll clean house to bring in his own staff... and Kendall will have plenty of interviews.

As for Art... he has been mentioned as an LSU option, but that was probably just media speculation. I, personally think he may need to sit another year for all of the lawsuits to clear.  I also think, if and when the whole truth comes out, it will become apparent that the system was screwed up and not the coach.

Lion:  check this post by Ellitor a few pages back:

it does not indicate a lack of confidence. It's an indicator of high omfort level with the coaches he already is working with and has a relationship with.

Also remember that plans are for KB to be the Auburn OC next year. That plan may change but I haven't heard of it yet.

1 hour ago, Timeslider 6 said:

You're right it is fan speculation, that is why i said "i think" in my post. :-\

Poor word choice on my part. The point I was trying to make is in interviews he's actually coming across the opposite of what your opinion is. Not that your opinion is wrong as he still has not chosen a destination yet. But the info he is putting out doesn't follow that opinion as of now.

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

it does not indicate a lack of confidence. It's an indicator of high omfort level with the coaches he already is working with and has a relationship with.

Also remember that plans are for KB to be the Auburn OC next year. That plan may change but I haven't heard of it yet.

That's not Auburn openly expressing interest in anything. That's back channel stuff that connected people were nice enough to post months ago. I was just repeating it.

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I was going to reply, but I see that E did that for me above.

Just now, ellitor said:

That's not Auburn openly expressing interest in anything. That's back channel stuff that connected people were nice enough to post months ago. I was just repeating it.

OK...but the term "plans" sounds like somebody at AU has been talking to somebody ....either KB or someone representing him.  Guess even that could be considered tampering perhaps?

7 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

For what it's worth E. i hope you're right.:beer2:

it's not a me being right thing. It's a let's hope he stays consistent with what he said in the interview.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

OK...but the term "plans" sounds like somebody at AU has been talking to somebody ....either KB or someone representing him.  Guess even that could be considered tampering perhaps?

It's still all apart of backchanneling. It happens often. But the only thing that matters is pen meets paper on contracts and that's for any situation therefore plans mean nothing until they are signed.

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's still all apart of backchanneling. It happens often. But the only thing that matters is pen meets paper on contracts and that's for any situation therefore plans mean nothing until they are signed.

More then most fans would believe

If he does not go to AU I really hope its not TAMU and not anywhere with teams we have to face on a yearly basis.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

If he does not go to AU I really hope its not TAMU and not anywhere with teams we have to face on a yearly basis.

I'd be ok if we could pull Mond from them.  Another couple years of SW then Mond would be a ok.   

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

I hope Kendal will be our OC/QB coach in 2017.

for me I want him to be OC because he can give Gus some new ideas in the passing game which I think he needs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lala said:

I'd be ok if we could pull Mond from them.  Another couple years of SW then Mond would be a ok.   

Well if they start recruiting JS that can hurt them greatly with Mond as Texas A&M has promised the Mond family they are not and have not recruited him.

Edited by ellitor

At the risk of sounding like an a4e post...a successful merge of the Malzahn run offense with the Briles pass offense has the potential to be disgustingly lethal.

Bring on KB and JS

11 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Really???? Then I would think we'd start to know some things pretty soon here.

He is not planning to make a decision until late December or early January. Where the Briles" end up may or may not be the deciding factor but it will be a part of his decision As he is waiting to see what happens with Kendal and Art before he makes a decision.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1