***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Looks like that's just a 45 second tease of what's behind the paywall. 

Not a paywall... the whole interview is free on facebook... 

Ah, thanks. 

I didn't catch anything revealing in there, other than he seems like a sharp kid with a lot of charisma. Definitely one of those guys who media types will fall in love with if he performs well. Who knows, maybe we can even have Musberger saying creepy things about his girlfriend on one of our broadcasts one day...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Who knows, maybe we can even have Musberger saying creepy things about his girlfriend on one of our broadcasts one day

One can dream...

Is there much of any chance that Stidham would come here even without Kendall Briles? With some of the recent news coming out of Baylor, his hire might be a riskier PR move than previously thought. 

21 hours ago, AuburnArch13 said:

Is there much of any chance that Stidham would come here even without Kendall Briles? With some of the recent news coming out of Baylor, his hire might be a riskier PR move than previously thought. 

Unlikely. Word is he will follow Briles somewhere.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Unlikely. What is he will follow Briles somewhere.

Any chance Briles stays at Baylor? Seems it would be hard to let him go after having such a good season without Art. 

2 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Any chance Briles stays at Baylor? Seems it would be hard to let him go after having such a good season without Art. 

Not hard at all if he wants to leave Baylor which appears to be the case..

Edited by ellitor

After watching Auburn having all kinds of problems at QB against Vandy, this is why we must do all we can to talk Jarrett Stidham into signing with Auburn.

Edited by auburn4ever
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

After watching Auburn having all kinds of problems at QB against Vandy, this is why we must do all we can to talk Jarrett Stidham into signing with Auburn.

Have not heard much of a update at all when it comes to him lately. IDK if thats a good or bad thing. I guess were still the favorites to land him,

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Have not heard much of a update at all when it comes to him lately. IDK if thats a good or bad thing. I guess were still the favorites to land him,

it's neither good or bad. He doesn't give any updates. He's pretty tight-lipped in terms of schools he's looking at.

40 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Just wondering if Sean's resurgence could lead him to look elsewhere, would really like to have this guy though. 

It's possible but it didn't sound like it was an issue based on our recent interview he did on Facebook. As far as what he's looking for in a School Auburn sounds like the right place for him.

47 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Just wondering if Sean's resurgence could lead him to look elsewhere, would really like to have this guy though. 

Love Sean but would not mind at all the problem of having both of them battle it out in spring and fall practice. In this day and age you need 2 really good qbs ready to go at a moments notice.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Love Sean but would not mind at all the problem of having both of them battle it out in spring and fall practice. In this day and age you need 2 really good qbs ready to go at a moments notice.

Would've been nice to have him on the bench yesterday, huh?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Kid sounds like a competitor. I highly doubt that.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

It was Art Briles who got in all kinds of trouble and not his son, Kendal.

Is this in response to anything? ??

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Would've been nice to have him on the bench yesterday, huh?

YES we would of won how we all thought we would of in our heads! lol

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

There's a post on this or one page back basically saying that things are not looking great for KB on the matter as well.

Just now, ellitor said:

There's a post on this or one page back basically saying that things are not looking great for KB on the matter as well.

I am not in the camp of we only get stidham unless we get 1 of the briles. Any reason why your so gung ho on that theory?

Just can't see either Briles coming here.  A few days ago there was a piece indicating additional problems involving football players and indications that the school will clean house no matter what at the end of the year....which means that everyone on the staff when all that took place will have a huge cloud over them.

For anyone who cares, the piece here is pretty interesting..     http://www.wacotrib.com/news/higher_education/timeline-baylor-sexual-assault-controversy/article_abf21ab8-2267-51bf-84d8-6268f4222af0.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Just can't see either Briles coming here.  A few days ago there was a piece indicating additional problems involving football players and indications that the school will clean house no matter what at the end of the year....which means that everyone on the staff when all that took place will have a huge cloud over them.

For anyone who cares, the piece here is pretty interesting..     http://www.wacotrib.com/news/higher_education/timeline-baylor-sexual-assault-controversy/article_abf21ab8-2267-51bf-84d8-6268f4222af0.html

Thanks for posting this timeline- what a cluster, and I really enjoyed this : June 1, 2016: Ken Starr resigns as chancellor, says he will remain as a professor at Baylor Law School. He says he wants the "full body" of Pepper Hamilton information released and hopes the public will get a clearer picture of how the university has handled sexual assault allegations.

I got a clear picture of how the University handled the allegations , and it's not good. I was initially interested in Kendall Briles coming to Auburn as Offensive Coordinator, but after reading that, there is no way possible that everyone didn't know what was going on. I say we keep Rhett, and if Stidham comes he comes.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am not in the camp of we only get stidham unless we get 1 of the briles. Any reason why your so gung ho on that theory?

Ummmm because all the info from sources indicate that til now.

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Ummmm because all the info from sources indicate that til now.

hmmm interesting. I never got that vibe from the pay site info of their sources speaking on this matter. Interesting. I always thought if Art got a HC job somewhere that could be a gamechanger but that does not look like that will happen anytime soon. I guess wherever Kendall Briles ends up could be a huge player for him. There has not been any new info on stidham in a long time.