***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

If we win next two games and make a respectable showing in Iron Bowl I think Rhett will get a nice offer in December. The timing will probably have a lot to do with how dominoes fall.

1 hour ago, autan said:

If we win next two games and make a respectable showing in Iron Bowl I think Rhett will get a nice offer in December. The timing will probably have a lot to do with how dominoes fall.

If Arky State dumps their coach, I think he gets an offer even if we only beat Alabama A&M.

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

If Arky State dumps their coach, I think he gets an offer even if we only beat Alabama A&M.

They are undefeated in conference play or at least last time I saw something about them which was 2 weeks ago. They have bounced back nicely.

35 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

They are undefeated in conference play or at least last time I saw something about them which was 2 weeks ago. They have bounced back nicely.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.  They still need to play Troy, who is also undefeated in conference and only lost 1 game... to Clemson... by 6, and they dodged Appalachian State, this year (conference championship game doesn't kick in until 2018).  They also lost every one of their out of conference games, even though Auburn was the only thing even close to a Power 5 team they played. They would need to win out, and win their bowl game, which Blake has never done, to match last year's record... and that still puts them a game shy of Malzhan and Freeze's 10-3 records. Seems crazy to dump an 9-4 or 8-5 coach after 3 years, but when you've tasted dominance and have the chance to snag the protege of the guy who brought it to you... 

IMO they'd be crazy to let him go. I believe their run of dominance is over because Troy is back to Troy of old and App State is now in their league. If they continue to compete with those 2 teams they'll have accomplished something in that league. 

I will be infuriated if we lose another QB to TAMU. Been a pain in the ass this recruiting cycle.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I will be infuriated if we lose another QB to TAMU. Been a pain in the ass this recruiting cycle.

Well this came out of the blue. You know they aren't recruiting him based on the Texas A&M 247 site reports.

44 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yeah, i'm with you E, don't see this happening, especially with Mond & family waiting in the wings for A&M

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well this came out of the blue. You know they aren't recruiting him based on the Texas A&M 247 site reports.

Neihbur had a update this week that says otherwise. Though he has stayed consistent in that he believes they never fully stopped recruiting him.

It was hard for me to believe that A&M was not going to recruit this guy. I think our worst fears are coming true. It's going to be hard to pull this guy out of the state of Texas; especially since he's an early enrollee. Lashlee will more than likely not get a head coaching job until Mid-December or even January. That means that pieces may not be in place for the Kendall Briles-Stidham package deal to come to Auburn by time that he is ready to commit. I'm still holding out hope that A&M will go after Blake Barnett. A&M has certainly been a thorn in our side lately!

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

It was hard for me to believe that A&M was not going to recruit this guy. I think our worst fears are coming true. It's going to be hard to pull this guy out of the state of Texas; especially since he's an early enrollee. Lashlee will more than likely not get a head coaching job until Mid-December or even January. That means that pieces may not be in place for the Kendall Briles-Stidham package deal to come to Auburn by time that he is ready to commit. I'm still holding out hope that A&M will go after Blake Barnett. A&M has certainly been a thorn in our side lately!

Blake is not an option for A&M. There is no way Bama gave him a release to an SEC school.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Blake is not an option for A&M. There is no way Bama gave him a release to an SEC school.

I was under the impression that Blake Barnett went to JUCO and therefore has the right to sign wherever he wants...

2 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Possible recruiting violations against KB

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0588555449997989285-4

ESPN was scrolling this during the Duke/NC game. There's not yet enough information to know if Briles is there for personal rules violations or simply to provide background info. Worse case, KB could be hit with a "show cause" penalty.

39 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I was under the impression that Blake Barnett went to JUCO and therefore has the right to sign wherever he wants...

I have not heard that. Since he left Bama in mid-semester he wouldn't be able to start going to a Juco till this coming January. If he went to a Juco starting in this January he would have to sit out the full 2017 season because when you go to a juco you have to miss 1 full D1 season from the point you start juco. The only way he could take advantage of the NCAA loophole to where he can start playing by game 5 of 2017 is if he does not go to a juco and to a school outside of the SEC since I'm sure Bama prohibited and SEC transfer.

Edited by ellitor

What Gwill is referring to is Keith said on Facebook Chat recently that Texas A&M likely leads with Stidham now. Also he has maintained for a while that Auburn is not even recruiting Mond. I had forgotten about that. I'm not sure if that's changed.

Edited by ellitor

So what about the promise to Mond's family that they'd not recruit other QBs? Feels like nobody knows anything. or we are being told a bunch of bull.

A couple days ago I said that I believed Stidham stays in Texas and our so called recruiting insider says "I'm wrong as usual" despite Texas A&M still leading. WTF

11 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Possible recruiting violations against KB

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0588555449997989285-4

Interesting to see what comes of this.  bama specializes in improper contact and they never get much more than a slap on the wrist.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

I have not heard that. Since he left Bama in mid-semester he wouldn't be able to start going to a Juco till this coming January. If he went to a Juco starting in this January he would have to sit out the full 2017 season because when you go to a juco you have to miss 1 full D1 season from the point you start juco. The only way he could take advantage of the NCAA loophole to where he can start playing by game 5 of 2017 is if he does not go to a juco and to a school outside of the SEC since I'm sure Bama prohibited and SEC transfer.

The timing seemed extremely odd, so I read an article about it right after he left.  Apparently there's a largely unexploited loophole in the transfer rules.  As I understand it, if he transfers to a JC and completes a certain number of hours, he could play for any D1 school after one calendar year.  Meaning, if he left uat on 1 October 2016 he would be eligible 1 October 2017.

WDE!

Edit: The part I read I didn't see in your post is that if he graduates from JC he is no longer beholden to uat in any way.

Edited by MadtownTiger
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@CameronCrazy and @MadtownTiger. Are correct. Just found this article from good reporter Steve Wilfong.  Also Texas A&M has indeed reached out to Blake.

Sounds like A&M has no intention on keeping their word to Mond.  Wonder what he thinks about that.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Sounds like A&M has no intention on keeping their word to Mond.  Wonder what he thinks about that.

I much rather they keep their word and we end up with stidham. 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I much rather they keep their word and we end up with stidham. 

If it make you feel any better, I pursued one of their boards and a guy that apparently has a reputation as a rock solid insider said they have no interest in Stidham. Also, a bunch of them are badmouthing him, saying he would be a locker room pariah. Other than a few outliers, it doesn't appear A&M wants him (or they know he doesn't want them... thus the badmouthing). 

Edited by lionheartkc
  • Like 1