***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

20 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

If it make you feel any better, I pursued one of their boards and a guy that apparently has a reputation as a rock solid insider said they have no interest in Stidham. Also, a bunch of them are badmouthing him, saying he would be a locker room pariah. Other than a few outliers, it doesn't appear A&M wants him (or they know he doesn't want them... thus the badmouthing). 

Blake Barnett seems to be the one that fits the locker room pariah label better with the way he walked out on bama not even mid season. WELP hope that ends up being the case.

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Blake Barnett seems to be the one that fits the locker room pariah label better with the way he walked out on bama not even mid season. WELP hope that ends up being the case.

I don't blame Barnett at all.  It is a BUSINESS at bama, and he would do himself no good by staying this year and riding the bench.  He has to look out for himself because for sure Saban is not thinking about Barnett's best interest.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tinman said:

I don't blame Barnett at all.  It is a BUSINESS at bama, and he would do himself no good by staying this year and riding the bench.  He has to look out for himself because for sure Saban is not thinking about Barnett's best interest.

You got it....he has good potential at the right place and no point in riding the bench .....waiting to see if Hurts gets dinged up.   He is starter quality and making the right move IMO.

2 hours ago, tinman said:

I dont feel the same about him.

#1. He KNEW what Bama was about when he signed. 

#2. Knowing Bamas history with QBs (especially DT QBs,) he signed and waited for his chance.

#3. He got his chance and was beat out by a true freshmen. 

#4. After being beat out by a true freshmen, he quit the team.

Think about it. 

Anyway, back on topic, the fact A&M has broken their promise to the Monds is huge. Also the violations against KB could be huge. I hope we can land JS. But as of right now I feel worlds better about our current QB situation if we miss JS. 2 more year of SW then we have Woody to trot out there. Dont get me wrong, I REALLY hope we land JS...but I dont feel its AS important now as it was at the beginning of the season/off season...

12 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I dont feel the same about him.

#1. He KNEW what Bama was about when he signed. 

#2. Knowing Bamas history with QBs (especially DT QBs,) he signed and waited for his chance.

#3. He got his chance and was beat out by a true freshmen. 

#4. After being beat out by a true freshmen, he quit the team.

Think about it. 

Anyway, back on topic, the fact A&M has broken their promise to the Monds is huge. Also the violations against KB could be huge. I hope we can land JS. But as of right now I feel worlds better about our current QB situation if we miss JS. 2 more year of SW then we have Woody to trot out there. Dont get me wrong, I REALLY hope we land JS...but I dont feel its AS important now as it was at the beginning of the season/off season...

Agreed, i like our chances better now than in the beginning of the year.

******* laughable if anyone thinks Sean would scare Stidham off. Please come save us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Staff, this is ABC....always be closing! 

Cannot let him go to the aggies. 

He is the QB that Gus NEEDS in his offense.

***Newsflash****

I have changed my mind.

If it takes ten roster spots to fill our QB and backup QB spots, go for it. Bring Jarret Stidham and anybody else that's interested in playing QB here. Watching a quarterback play with his shoulder injured is just as ugly as watching a train wreck. Depth is much needed right now.

• Like 1

I will go out on whats probaly not a limb but say the obvious. If we do not land Stidham OR if Woody Barrett is not the real deal we will not beat Georgia and Bama AGAIN next year with SW. This recruit is the single most important recruit of the malzahn era. Gus offense more than probaly almost any other system NEEDS a good qb. 8-4 is about the best we can expect without a gamechanger.

Anyone else think that putrid performance on offense last game at qb actually helped us with stidham? I think he had his doubts maybe that he could come in and start right away. Now??? He probaly think he is a lock.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I will go out on whats probaly not a limb but say the obvious. If we do not land Stidham OR if Woody Barrett is not the real deal we will not beat Georgia and Bama AGAIN next year with SW.

So, you have reason to believe that Sean White's shoulder will be separated again this time next year? If you're clairvoyant, how about tossing some stock tips our way.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, you have reason to believe that Sean White's shoulder will be separated again this time next year? If you're clairvoyant, how about tossing some stock tips our way.

you could of just said you disagreed......

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

you could of just said you disagreed......

Where's the fun in that? Anyone that makes the hard line gloom and doom prophesies that you are prone to make should ether be rich from shorting stocks or have a thick skin.

Hahaha.  Funny back and forth you two. But, based on history, Gwill has quite the point...SW hasn't made it to the rivalry games in either of his 2 seasons.  Like it or not, and like his skills or not, 0/2 is a trend...not an anomaly.

To get back to the thread at hand...Come on Stidham!

Edited by muxi87
Spelling

On 11/11/2016 at 5:52 PM, augolf1716 said:

We shall see about JS need to let things play out. I still feel good about him jmo

Agreed. There's a real chance he visits AU a couple more times before making his decision.

We just need to keep Golf away from his girlfriend when they come down and everything should be alright.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Agreed. There's a real chance he visits AU a couple more times before making his decision.

We just need to keep Golf away from his girlfriend when they come down and everything should be alright.

So, is Golf our version of Brent Musburger?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Where's the fun in that? Anyone that makes the hard line gloom and doom prophesies that you are prone to make should ether be rich from shorting stocks or have a thick skin.

Yes, so much doom and gloom to want a talented QB to add depth. The horror.

WDE I really enjoy reading your post and I appreciate you incite but your dislike of Gus is a little much. I don't see you give him much credit when things go right but you are very quick to criticize anytime something goes wrong.