***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

16 minutes ago, KerryThachWDE said:

according to her twitter, shes a Baylor soccer player.  #15.   I wonder if AU would offer her a soccer scholly?

whats your sources say on the inside at college station about if they have REALLY stopped recruiting stidham?

13 minutes ago, KerryThachWDE said:

according to her twitter, shes a Baylor soccer player.  #15.   I wonder if AU would offer her a soccer scholly?

Thanks, it sounds to me like, unless she decides to play soccer elsewhere, she will be at a different school than Jarrett. I'm not sure AU would offer her. Just looked at the rankings and Baylor is ranked 99th while AU is ranked 20th. She might be interested in playing for a much higher ranked team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

whats your sources say on the inside at college station about if they have REALLY stopped recruiting stidham?

I honestly couldn't tell you.  My aggie friends aren't big into recruiting.  I check the TexAgs forum from time to time.  I checked just now and they don't even have a thread for JS.

Just now, KerryThachWDE said:

I honestly couldn't tell you.  My aggie friends aren't big into recruiting.  I check the TexAgs forum from time to time.  I checked just now and they don't even have a thread for JS.

Looks like were recruiting against ghosts then. We are recruiting against the off chance Art gets a Head Coaching job at a power 5 school this winter and wherever the younger Briles lands at which I hope is here so we do not have to sweat it out.

We couldn't even get Muschamp without sweating it out. I'd put money down that the JS deal is gonna come down to the wire somehow. It's the Auburn way lol

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

We couldn't even get Muschamp without sweating it out. I'd put money down that the JS deal is gonna come down to the wire somehow. It's the Auburn way lol

this is so true. and even more true when it comes to QB recruiting! Gus and Rhett strike out more times than me out at the bars when I was a freshmen in college when it comes to QB recruiting with the ELITE Dual Threat qbs lol. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

Sorry if it's already been asked, I skimmed through a couple of pages and didn't see anything. 

But without a Briles on our staff, how do our chances with JS look?

im guessing it's much more likely if we bring in a Briles

6 hours ago, Charhair said:

Sorry if it's already been asked, I skimmed through a couple of pages and didn't see anything. 

But without a Briles on our staff, how do our chances with JS look?

im guessing it's much more likely if we bring in a Briles

Has been covered the past 3 to 4 pages. Jarrett will follow a Briles to his next school so our chances go way down without a Briles.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Has been covered the past 3 to 4 pages. Jarrett will follow a Briles to his next school so our chances go way down without a Briles.

Expect you are right....but players following coaches? ....can't recall many of those....the guy who followed Gus to Arky and I'm sure there are some others....but what is the history of such things?   

On 10/1/2016 at 7:44 AM, AU64 said:

Expect you are right....but players following coaches? ....can't recall many of those....the guy who followed Gus to Arky and I'm sure there are some others....but what is the history of such things?   

Probably not a lot because AU successful coaches, especially ones good with QBs don't move around much.

On 10/1/2016 at 9:44 AM, AU64 said:

Recruits may not follow coaches but many for sure choose schools in large part to the coaches. Look at Cowart, Holland, and the rest of the gang that signed mainly because of Muschamp. Or the four that Dameyune Craig signed. 

56 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Recruits may not follow coaches but many for sure choose schools in large part to the coaches. Look at Cowart, Holland, and the rest of the gang that signed mainly because of Muschamp. Or the four that Dameyune Craig signed. 

Players sign with schools for lots of reasons as you noted....and probably a combination of reasons.  

But, If those guys had come to AU solely because of Musschamp or Craig...., they would now be at South Carolina or LSU.    That's what I see as the difference....a guy leaving his university to follow a coach to some other university.   That's highly unusual and just wondering if there are cases where it's worked well for the player. 

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

But, If those guys had come to AU solely because of Musschamp or Craig...., they would now be at South Carolina or LSU.

That's a dumb statement. They would have to go juco and do all that crap just to get to the next designation.

25 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That's a dumb statement. They would have to go juco and do all that crap just to get to the next designation.

"dumb statement"....should have known could count on you....apparently you don't realize that players can transfer from one Div 1 school to another and sit out a year such as Corey did from bama to AU.   It is not necessary to go by way of a Juco.

Just now, AU64 said:

"dumb statement"....should have known could count on you....apparently you don't realize that players can transfer from one Div 1 school to another and sit out a year such as Corey did from bama to AU.   It is not necessary to go by way of a Juco.

Still, that is a lot of crap to do just to follow their favorite coach elsewhere after they enroll. They would have to learn different playbooks, rebuild chemistry, and be forced to wait a whole year to show their stuff. Do you think NFL talents like Carlton Davis would want to wait a year on the bench? Besides, did Corey Grant go on scholarship that year he had to wait? 

Lastly, if you think Cowart, Holland  Carlton Davis, etc staying at Auburn proves that they didn't follow Muschamp to Auburn then I guess you're willing to believe anything. I'm done with the conversation with you. 

14 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Still, that is a lot of crap to do just to follow their favorite coach elsewhere after they enroll. They would have to learn different playbooks, rebuild chemistry, and be forced to wait a whole year to show their stuff. Do you think NFL talents like Carlton Davis would want to wait a year on the bench? Besides, did Corey Grant go on scholarship that year he had to wait? 

Lastly, if you think Cowart, Holland  Carlton Davis, etc staying at Auburn proves that they didn't follow Muschamp to Auburn then I guess you're willing to believe anything. I'm done with the conversation with you. 

Hey that's great....and in case you recall, my question was not addressed to you.....but at least you accept that a player can leave one university for another if they wish....which is a pretty big deal as you note...but that seems to be what Stidham is considering. ...but taking a detour through JUCO.  

• Like 2

I am sure Auburn had something to do with after all Muschamp as well as Craig were recruiting for and selling Auburn as a program and a university. Let see how many Byron Cowarts follow Muschamp to  USCe. Players follow coaches but the schools the coaches work for play a significant role as well. Unless I am mistaken Muschamp wanted one of the kids to come to USCe that committed with him while at Auburn, but the kid held firm to AU. Can't remember his name tho.

8 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I am sure Auburn had something to do with after all Muschamp as well as Craig were recruiting for and selling Auburn as a program and a university. Let see how many Byron Cowarts follow Muschamp to  USCe. Players follow coaches but the schools the coaches work for play a significant role as well. Unless I am mistaken Muschamp wanted one of the kids to come to USCe that committed with him while at Auburn, but the kid held firm to AU. Can't remember his name tho.

Think it was Character the DB

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

Hey that's great....and in case you recall, my question was not addressed to you.....but at least you accept that a player can leave one university for another if they wish....which is a pretty big deal as you note...but that seems to be what Stidham is considering. ...but taking a detour through JUCO.  

Am I supposed to be restricted to only posting to people that ask me questions? Yes, players can leave the university if they want to. When was that ever in question? Suggesting that the  signees that Muschamp helped sign didn't choose Auburn primarily because of Muschamp only because they didn't transfer out with is utterly false and illogical and that has been the question. 

We were out of it( or never even in it) with Cowart, Carlton Davis, Irvin, and Holland until Muschamp was signed. And at least  two of those saw Auburn in person Pre-Muschamp and they could've fell in love with Auburn, the university, but didnt. 

Edited by aujeff11

Barnett exposed a little known loophole in the 4-2-4 rule.  He'll be able to play during the fourth week of the season in 2017 by transferring to a two-year school, meeting some easy academic requirements, and returning to a four-year school.  He could practice next year during the mostly non-conference games and play when the conference gets serious.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/former-tide-qb-blake-barnett-could-play-next-season-via-ncaa-loophole/1vescj981x9921f1dagflqx53a