2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just my observations but AU never comes out good in these hollywood type recruitments. The kid and family can do whatever they want...but we fans have the right to call the showboating what it is.

I was embarrassed that AU got dragged down the primrose path during the process which culminated in the famous birthday party to which coaches of two rival schools were invited to attend....just as "entertainment" IMO...to see what they would do in such an awkward environment...that had absolutely nothing to do with making the best decision for RE's future.

This is two years in a row now. May we learn something from it.

2 years w/ this staff... But the "screw au" campaign is now 4 years in the running.

CyKo/Callaway

Yeldon

Foster

Evans

Hopefully we'll see it coming next time...

I hate we didn't sign RE too... but honestly, if he doesn't want Auburn, I'm glad he didn't sign. I'd much rather have someone who wants to be here. And there are plenty of talented players that do. I felt the same last year when Foster picked Bama. Our best days under CGM are ahead of us. This staff is only going to get better in recruiting. I'm excited about this class. Let's move on.

Not trying to bash but I want to hear austudent23 side of the story?

I doubt you will get a response from him. I think quite simply the kid was telling our coaches and even fellow recruits (AU commits) he was coming to AU. Why he would do that only he would know.

The kid is a turd. Move on.

Nice language mister 777. Don't click on this thread if you don't want to talk about it. You move on.

The kid is a turd. Move on.

Nice language mister 777. Don't click on this thread if you don't want to talk about it. You move on.

Nice language? We call bammers turds all the time.

Not trying to bash but I want to hear austudent23 side of the story?

I doubt you will get a response from him. I think quite simply the kid was telling our coaches and even fellow recruits (AU commits) he was coming to AU. Why he would do that only he would know.

I think that is the case too from everyone I've heard from. He lied to us or at the very at least strung us out and was not assertive enough to be completely honest. It's seemed like there was a new sign every week that Bama was a real threat, yet our insiders assured us he was all AU...meaning he kept telling the coaches he was coming up until the end. The question is....how much did he play us vs. just really couldn't decide. What exactly was Alan's role in all this? Some people think Rashaan never was going to come here and Alan was seeking some kind of revenge the whole time. What exactly happened I don't think we will ever know.

LOL. I bet ol Alan got his a$$ gnawed on at the first available moment. Momma was not happy.

Momma will perk up nicely when the $$$$$ hits the mattress. Amazing how some cash can change woman's personality.

Signing with uat was payback to AU by ole Dad alan.

His dad was so good he couldn't make it at UT Chatt. That's balling I tell ya!

Some folks are hinting that Trooper had a hand in this drama, IDK. But it's eerily familiar to another kid from Auburn high school.

Some folks are hinting that Trooper had a hand in this drama, IDK. But it's eerily familiar to another kid from Auburn high school.

I hope that poison is out of the water by the time Tyus Flakes is a senior.

Thats strictly internet rumor I read earlier today. I would like to giver Trooper the benefit of the doubt and hope that he isn't so vindictive of the institution that's been paying him a salary to sit on his arse for over a year......

Thats strictly internet rumor I read earlier today. I would like to giver Trooper the benefit of the doubt and hope that he isn't so vindictive of the institution that's been paying him a salary to sit on his arse for over a year......

Trooper didn't have as much to do with it as AE and RF. It is what it is. Trooper prob. had nothing to do with it, but this all began last season with Foster.

Why didn't Gus sniff this one out and tell him to take a hike, like he did with Josh Casher? I was really impressed with Gus when he did that.

Hard to when you are being played like that. Don't blame Gus.

If this kid and his dad were being dishonest with the AU staff, trust me, the cosmos has a way of sending that back on you in some way. I can't really blame Foster for last year because, bless his heart, he is dumber than a box of hammers, but Evans didn't seem the type to stoop to that level.

Really irritating when AE said his son was an AU fan and will cheer for AU except when they play in the IB. Wow really? That is baloney. With a fan like that.......

The whole thing was poorly handled at the end. This episode became foder for the Bama crowd. They embarrassed our coaches and our fans. RE can now wrap himself around the worst fan base in the country and the slimiest staff in college football

If this kid and his dad were being dishonest with the AU staff, trust me, the cosmos has a way of sending that back on you in some way. I can't really blame Foster for last year because, bless his heart, he is dumber than a box of hammers, but Evans didn't seem the type to stoop to that level.

Evans and Foster are tight. Obviously wanted to play together.

Archived