2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

WHO FREAKING CARES???

The circus recruitment is OVER!! He is a Bammer and that as they say, is that!

Hope Roc embarrasses him and knocks him on his butt, just as Bo did to Bosworth.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those us that saw this coming, by the antics of this past weekend, were called names and blasted all over this board, would like to know why you thought he was coming to AU?......you should have seen it by their actions.....

I've been saying he was going to bammer for weeks. It really wasn't all that good a "cover". Same old bama BS.

Yep, I was called one of the chicken littles for 'reading to much into comments made by his dad'. When his dad said right before his official visit to AU that he was sure they (AU) were going to make the decision tough.

I mean, really, could it have been more obvious. Alan was saying, we've made our decision, it's going to be painful watching Auburn try to sway us.

I'll say it again, how do you go to school at Auburn, play Football at Auburn, live in Auburn, raise your family in Auburn, and let your kid go to Alabama. There's absolutely no excuse for this. I bleed orange and blue and I promise you this... UAT will not be an option for my children. I'll send them out of state first.

Some parents acutally let their children make their own decisions. Most parents offer guidance and instruction and step away and let the kid choose their own life. If the kid has worked hard enough to obtain a free education, free room & board, free meals, free tutors, etc. then why would that parent deny the kid the right to choose their own path in life?

I would NEVER let my kids go to bama, even the ones I don't like. (Just kidding. My kids ARE Auburn, either graduated or working on it, even the ones I don't like)

I'll say it again, how do you go to school at Auburn, play Football at Auburn, live in Auburn, raise your family in Auburn, and let your kid go to Alabama. There's absolutely no excuse for this. I bleed orange and blue and I promise you this... UAT will not be an option for my children. I'll send them out of state first.

ask Archie Manning

Archie Manning didn't send his kid to Miss. State....

TRUTH!

Well, all things considered. Screw him, his family and what they stand for. Good luck gettin in the pros riding the pine for 3 years.

So he won't play for Alabama because of their roster, but he would be a superstar for Auburn? So you feel Alabama's roster is that much more elite than Auburn?

at any position I he linebacking core. Yes, yes I do.

Maybe he's the best one of the entire group? I would hope so, if Auburn was recruiting him.

He is good but he would likely have not started at Auburn eiher and he wil not see a meaningful snap at bama this season, just watch.

He would have received a lot of playing time, this year, at Auburn and would have started next season. He will get some token snaps (ala, Reuben), a new car, some new suits, lots of cheap women, free drugs and the adulation of the toothless nation. He may never take a meaningful snap at Alabama and will probably be processed out. I remember Corey Grant making this same mistake and wondering who in the world was whispering in his ear.

Not surprised at all. However, am curious: there was a comment by an insider (Au student23?) that he will be AU unless something completely off the wall and unexpected happens, but that it won't. Now that it has. Does anyone know what that something was?

I will say to all those ppl that got railed on for saying they were doubting that Evans was coming to Auburn. All of you deserve an apology. First of all, no matter where the kid went, you shouldn't have gotten attacked by the insiders or any of the ppl who take their word as gold just because you had an opinion. Turns out all of your feelings were correct.

fat chance of that ever happening. One thing I have learned about this place is that dissent from the party line is severely frowned upon.

This is a public board and there is not a veil via subscription to hide negative comments. If everything in here is negative and is open to the world then it reflects poorly on AU as a whole.

Maybe we need a super secret forum where we can really discuss Auburn Football. What should we call it?

This forum is definitely a real sunshine pumper. Or rather, we have certain "royalty" on here who can never be questioned. If you do they will jump on you like a mad dog and try to get rid of you.

ask Archie Manning

No, but he would have if Peyton had wanted to, and for the same reason that he "let" Peyton go to Tennessee.

If Peyton had tried to go to Miss St, Archie would have kicked his butt worse than the Seahawks!

Not surprised at all. However, am curious: there was a comment by an insider (Au student23?) that he will be AU unless something completely off the wall and unexpected happens, but that it won't. Now that it has. Does anyone know what that something was?

I will say to all those ppl that got railed on for saying they were doubting that Evans was coming to Auburn. All of you deserve an apology. First of all, no matter where the kid went, you shouldn't have gotten attacked by the insiders or any of the ppl who take their word as gold just because you had an opinion. Turns out all of your feelings were correct.

fat chance of that ever happening. One thing I have learned about this place is that dissent from the party line is severely frowned upon.

This is a public board and there is not a veil via subscription to hide negative comments. If everything in here is negative and is open to the world then it reflects poorly on AU as a whole.

Maybe we need a super secret forum where we can really discuss Auburn Football. What should we call it?

This forum is definitely a real sunshine pumper. Or rather, we have certain "royalty" on here who can never be questioned. If you do they will jump on you like a mad dog and try to get rid of you.

Best thing about this forum is that it is optional...

Why is this thread not locked since we are now talking about a commit to BaMMER? I respectfully ask that it be locked, deleted, or whatever so our fans will start talking about the great Class we just signed.

This is always the answer on this forum. If we pretend it didn't happen, surely it didn't happen.

ask Archie Manning

No, but he would have if Peyton had wanted to, and for the same reason that he "let" Peyton go to Tennessee.

If Peyton had tried to go to Miss St, Archie would have kicked his butt worse than the Seahawks!

Your lack of knowledge about how Archie handled Peyton's recruitment is astonishingly pathetic. Go watch "The Book of Manning" documentary and you will learn some things from Archie's mouth about that recruitment.

Also, if you are mad at insiders here and how they run the forum, then please go somewhere else. It's a free place where many of us get information because we don't want to pay for it. The people here try hard and don't claim to be perfect. Cut 'em some slack. If you want to b*tch at mods for getting something wrong, then go pay for it somewhere because then you'd at least have some semblance of a complaint. Otherwise you just sound like a petulant child who's promised trip to the pizza parlor was taken away.

Evans was quoted in an AL.com article saying he "decided last night that he wanted to go to Alabama"...

Why were Roberts and Mitchell at the ceremony? Hoke said they were told to attend??? If that is in fact true, that is a POS move by Rashaan. Very cowardly...

I am not calling out the mods, or the "insiders", I am reminding the posters that they called us names for telling them things that were right in front of their face, but refused to see.....they attacked the "stupid six" as we were called because we were outraged at the way our coaches were treated, and the antics of the "Hollywood" evans family.....AU was being played in front of the camera's, and paranoia was not why we were saying the things that we said....it was obvious to anyone that looked

Evans was quoted in an AL.com article saying he "decided last night that he wanted to go to Alabama"...

Why were Roberts and Mitchell at the ceremony? Hoke said they were told to attend??? If that is in fact true, that is a POS move by Rashaan. Very cowardly...

Still the question I'd love to have answered. Only other thing I can think of is they felt good about him and decided to make the trip on his own.

If we get an answer great, if not then it is what it is.

No one has inside information with a 18 teen year old kid. I will not believe inside information again. Good class for GUS and :wareagle:

I just hate we got played honestly. Some people don't think e played us but he did. He gave us every reason to think he was coming to Auburn and I've heard he even informed the coaches he would pick Auburn

I just hate we got played honestly. Some people don't think e played us but he did. He gave us every reason to think he was coming to Auburn and I've heard he even informed the coaches he would pick Auburn

just because the "24 7" crystal ball says us and a recruit doesnt choose us doesnt mean it's a conspiracy. my god, these guys can choose to go where they want and announce it when they want

just because the "24 7" crystal ball says us and a recruit doesnt choose us doesnt mean it's a conspiracy. my god, these guys can choose to go where they want and announce it when they want

Ok? That's fine. If Rashaan had picked Bama 3 months ago I could care less. but the way it went down is irritating

Still the question I'd love to have answered. Only other thing I can think of is they felt good about him and decided to make the trip on his own.

If we get an answer great, if not then it is what it is.

Hoke also said Roberts and Mitchell talked to him before he went on the air... and reiterated that he was all AU...???

I don't know if he's a "good kid", or if he was "torn"... but, one thing we know is that he's a coward.

I would say, son, life isn't easy. Be a man! But, as they say... Like father, like son.

Just my observations but AU never comes out good in these hollywood type recruitments. The kid and family can do whatever they want...but we fans have the right to call the showboating what it is.

I was embarrassed that AU got dragged down the primrose path during the process which culminated in the famous birthday party to which coaches of two rival schools were invited to attend....just as "entertainment" IMO...to see what they would do in such an awkward environment...that had absolutely nothing to do with making the best decision for RE's future.

This is two years in a row now. May we learn something from it.

Archived