CBS reveals GA/GT broadcast details

snaklak

CBS Reveals Broadcast Details

(AP) CBS sports broadcasting, as a result of numerous calls to it's headquarters, has revealed it's programming strategy for last Saturday's college football game between Georgia and Georgia Tech.

Jill Smith, spokesperson, said on Monday,"Alot of people thought it odd that a sports broadcast had elements of slow music, childhood photo's, and choreographed poses of Georgia players David Pollack and David Greene. We wanted to reach a wider audience, much beyond the trailer parks, to include more of the gay community and females. Therefore, we hired our camera crew from our reality TV shows who followed the two players for a week. We apologize to fans who thought we went a bit two far and overshadowed the contest on the field, but the elements were so touching it compelled is to create a broadcast that was more than just football."

An anonymous staffer confirmed that the production crew were at odds internally over what to show. In fact, some footage was cut from the broadcast due to it's personal nature. "There was discussion picked up at the apartment between Pollack and Green about possibly moving to Massachusetts after the season where the gay lifestyle is more accepted. We felt that crossed the line. To be 'outed' on national was too much."

Another scene also made the cutting room floor as a result of a protest by Head Coach Mark Richt. A senior day tradition of players giving a red rose to their mother was changed a bit when Pollack instead ran over to Greene and handed him the rose, leaving his mother with a curious but approving look on her face, caught on camera. Richt supposedly was adamant that the scene be cut, so it was.

Overall, CBS has received more positive than negative comments about it's first foray into "reality based football". The gay community praised the tasteful display of the relationship. The local affiliate, WAGA-TV, was also pleased. General Manager Paul Cameron said, "we have a large contingent of Georgia followers, and they have stated that the piece far surpassed anything that the UGA athletic department has marketed from Larry Munson and other clips, so obviously the national staff did their homework. I think we've opened a whole new forefront of college sports broadcasting, it shows you can 'push the envelope', at least with Georgia fans, to any degree, and they will buy it. Our sponsors, primarily in the tobacco product and automotive repair sectors, have reported an increase in sales."

Not all the events were staged. Stadium clock operater Ned Neckerson, who during the week manages a Jiffy Lube in Commerce, Georgia, did not deliberately have 2nd down displayed during the final series when it was acutally 3rd. Univ. of Georgia officials investigated and Neckerson was still confused and a little incoherent on Monday. "I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I was excited when we got the sack, and by the time I quit cheering I guess I just forgot to reset the down on the scoreboard. Them Tech people ought to get off my back. Sides, I'm still pissed off I gotta an upper deck seat in Atlanta. I'm human too."

Absolutely hilarious. Whoever came up with this is good. :lol:

Archived