2015 4* RB Kerryon Johnson commits to AU!

tombigbeetiger

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just putting it out there, no need to worry at all. But Bama is sending a crew out to Madison this week. Sabear hopes to make him the 2015 version of CJ Hampton, selling him on playing Safety and his ability to get him drafted. I am not too concerned as it seems that he is even recruiting for us now, just something to keep an eye on. Which is always the case with an in-state 5* recruit.

Just putting it out there, no need to worry at all. But Bama is sending a crew out to Madison this week. Sabear hopes to make him the 2015 version of CJ Hampton, selling him on playing Safety and his ability to get him drafted. I am not too concerned as it seems that he is even recruiting for us now, just something to keep an eye on. Which is always the case with an in-state 5* recruit.

We should ask Roc to speak to Kerryon about finding ways to avoid the Bama staff.

Kerryon lost his 5 Star rating again for whatever reason.

He is NOT committed to Bama. That's how their system works. :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Kerryon"s thread should be pinned since he has committed.

:realmad:/> :realmad:/> ..............................j/k 80

Ha! Oh well. What a fantastic few weeks and I think we have at least one more coming.

He is NOT committed to Bama. That's how their system works. :drippingsarcasm7pa:/>

It's the truth, no need for sarcasm! U will never see this happen to one of their recruits

I mean, for real though, that was like less than a week that he had his 5th star. What changed in the few days after he got his star that warranted losing it?

My only guess is his commitment.

3 guys moved ahead of him on 247 only rankings. OP updated.

How often do they change the rankings?

ESPN, Rivals, and Scout...about every 3 months. 247...anytime they finish evaluations.

He is NOT committed to Bama. That's how their system works. :drippingsarcasm7pa:/>

It's the truth, no need for sarcasm! U will never see this happen to one of their recruits

Clears throat...SDH says hello.

I mean, for real though, that was like less than a week that he had his 5th star. What changed in the few days after he got his star that warranted losing it?

My only guess is his commitment.

ESPN moved him up 3 spots. then today 247 bumped 3 guys past KJ. Nothing to do with his commitment. Remember all the up bumps we got on 247 last year. Some people really need to seriously stop believing that rumor. Not directed at you AUE.

• 1 month later...

I know him personally good guy!!!

Since you know him, IYO, is he a better running back or defensive player?

A future in the NFL is a lot more lucrative for CB's than RB's.

I thought he was a Safety prospect. Either way, both defensive positions would pay better than an RB these days. RB is not highly valued anymore. Too hard to not have a major injury as a RB in the NFL.

I know him personally good guy!!!

Since you know him, IYO, is he a better running back or defensive player?

. Good defensive player!!! But special offensive player!!

I have watched every game he has played (at least home games I should say) and I think he can impact any position he plays but IMO his highest ceiling is safety. He could REALLY be special there

It seems pretty clear that his highest ceiling is at safety. I understand why he excels at RB( because he's naturally more athletic than most of the other guys on the field) but that doesn't mean it's where he should end up. In college that won't necessarily be the case anymore. Kind of reminds me of TG as a quarterback.

I hope KJ ends up at safety because I think he has the potential to be All-SEC caliber but if he turns out to be a star RB at AU I'll gladly eat my crow.

Archived