2015 4* RB Kerryon Johnson commits to AU!

tombigbeetiger

I can't help saying this but what difference does the rankings really matter? Yea, we all want the highest rated recruiting class but in the big scheme of things, again, what difference does it make? The recruiting services probably do bump a bama recruit a bit because it pumps up the bammers and many of them will walk another mile or so and pick up a few extra beer and coke cans to buy a recruiting magazine or to pay for a recruiting service. With that said, the bama recruiting bumps is not WAYYYY over done. Plus, when bama has the top recruiting classes and Gus continues to keep whipping that arse, it makes it even more enjoyable. Sorry for the rant.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help saying this but what difference does the rankings really matter? Yea, we all want the highest rated recruiting class but in the big scheme of things, again, what difference does it make? The recruiting services probably do bump a bama recruit a bit because it pumps up the bammers and many of them will walk another mile or so and pick up a few extra beer and coke cans to buy a recruiting magazine or to pay for a recruiting service. With that said, the bama recruiting bumps is not WAYYYY over done. Plus, when bama has the top recruiting classes and Gus continues to keep whipping that arse, it makes it even more enjoyable. Sorry for the rant.

It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but as an example, let's say Torrance Gibson commits to AU within the next month, he is a 5* Athlete which could help with other 5* athletes that think that if TG can come to AU as a 5* athlete, then so can I. So the rankings do kinda help.

I can't help saying this but what difference does the rankings really matter? Yea, we all want the highest rated recruiting class but in the big scheme of things, again, what difference does it make?

It's just a lot of fun to follow for some of us.

I can't help saying this but what difference does the rankings really matter? Yea, we all want the highest rated recruiting class but in the big scheme of things, again, what difference does it make?

It's just a lot of fun to follow for some of us.

And I agree with you. It is fun. I was just commenting because of the 2-3 pages of arguing about 'preferential bumps' on this thread. Thanks to you for all your insight on this site. Carry On!

• 2 months later...

KJ is #2 on the 2015 AL.com top Seniors in the state list for a reason. He's got it all- physical, mental, and character. Getting him over FSU was huge.

KJ is #2 on the 2015 AL.com top Seniors in the state list for a reason. He's got it all- physical, mental, and character. Getting him over FSU was huge.

There is no reason he isnt the #1 on the top seniors, he is the best player in the state. I bet al.com will put lester cotton #1

There is no reason he isnt the #1 on the top seniors, he is the best player in the state. I bet al.com will put lester cotton #1

I bet it's Daron Payne

I bet it's Daron Payne

Daron Payne dropped to 3.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/08/a-list_no_3_daron_payne_in_mid.html#incart_river

Let me guess, cotton is a bama comitt, right? You should know it is a sin if u pull for AU! Shame on u to even think they would rate the BEST player in the state over a bama comitt! It's just not right for u to think like that. Bamas god will smite u for this

I bet it's Daron Payne

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/08/a-list_no_3_daron_payne_in_mid.html#incart_river

Dropped to #3, he must be leaning AU.

I bet it's Daron Payne

Dropped to #3, he must be leaning AU.

Could be leaning AU's way, I remember them doing that to caddy when he was leaning our way as well.

Just a heads up KJ will not be getting a 5th * today on Rivals or the composite. Keith N used his connections at Rivals to get the Rivals part of that info. KJ needs a 22 spot jump now to get a composite 5th * and the only way that would happen today is if he became a 5th * on Rivals.

Let me guess, cotton is a bama comitt, right? You should know it is a sin if u pull for AU! Shame on u to even think they would rate the BEST player in the state over a bama comitt! It's just not right for u to think like that. Bamas god will smite u for this

Cotton is one HELL of a player. Kid is legit as they come. The #1 player in Alabama could be a toss up either way and I don't have a problem with Cotton as the #1 kid.

Cotton is one HELL of a player. Kid is legit as they come. The #1 player in Alabama could be a toss up either way and I don't have a problem with Cotton as the #1 kid.

I dont have a problem with Cotton he is very good O lineman, but payne and johnson are better.

Archived