2015 4* RB Kerryon Johnson commits to AU!

tombigbeetiger

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trust me, if he was that other schools commit, he never would had lost a star to begin with.

Give it a rest man. We have had a number of bump ups the last 2 years to put that stupid myth to bed.

If it's myth, please explain why bama gets a 4 star recruit and he grades 17pts and AU's latest 4 star gets 7pts?

Huh? What are you talking about? Also I have given you a number of AU recruits that got bump ups the past couple of years and others very highly rated that did not drop. You just refuse to listen because you have such hatred for them that you refuse to accept or remember facts that have been given to you.

Anyone still think KJ should be moved to the other side of the ball?

If he's better at safety then yes.

Anyone still think KJ should be moved to the other side of the ball?

I have already confessed my sin and performed my penance! Are you demanding an ounce of flesh?? :timeout:

I do. Like I said he'll be good wherever he plays. He could be moved to wr and he would literally be good enough to get playing time there. He could be a special safety though.

If it's myth, please explain why bama gets a 4 star recruit and he grades 17pts and AU's latest 4 star gets 7pts?

Don't worry man, you aren't the only one that sees it. Just because a few AU commits on some sites over a couple of years didn't lose points doesn't negate the OBVIOUS trend of the past forever. Rivals was owned by a huge $puat homer and they got the benefit of that in rankings. Same guy owns 24/7 now but is less blatant about it probably based mainly on the fact of their high level of recruiting but a tweak here and there and no wonder they always get the #1 ranked class.

Don't worry man, you aren't the only one that sees it. Just because a few AU commits on some sites over a couple of years didn't lose points doesn't negate the OBVIOUS trend of the past forever. Rivals was owned by a huge $puat homer and they got the benefit of that in rankings. Same guy owns 24/7 now but is less blatant about it probably based mainly on the fact of their high level of recruiting but a tweak here and there and no wonder they always get the #1 ranked class.

They have the #1 classes because they get the highest ranked players. Simple as that. This idea that there's a giant conspiracy that every fanbase's recruit gets downgraded in some way because they aren't committed to Bama is laughable at best.

They have the #1 classes because they get the highest ranked players. Simple as that. This idea that there's a giant conspiracy that every fanbase's recruit gets downgraded in some way because they aren't committed to Bama is laughable at best.

While it is proven that teams that get a lot of 4 and 5 star players do well, there is not that much difference between the first six recruiting classes. The diffence on the field between number one class and number 6 class is negligible it is more about fan bragging rights. A number 6 ranked class that fits a teams needs actually could be a better class for that school then a Number 1 class that misses certain needs. It is about strenth of recruits and how they fill your needs. As an example Cam Newton, Nick Marshall, Nick Farley and other JC players obviously have had a huge impact on Auburn. Because they are JC players we don't get any bonus points for them they actually hurt class rankings. Who wants to throw them back to get a higher class ranking.

Just my opinion but i have always liked KJ at runningback more than safety. He is just such a natural runner.

Agreed and the midget is still losing games with the best players at every position for 7 years and is 4-3 against AU with 3 different coaches. No doubt in my mind that he may be the most overrated coach in football. Probably 40 coaches could have done as well or likely better with the talent there. I hope the midget stays for a long time because I believe Gus will beat him more times than not. Rant Over! I'm looking forward to Kerryon-carrying on!

Congrats on the job well done at the 5* challenge Kerryon! Looking forward to seeing you excel at AU!

Did I say that? And who is ranking those highly ranked players?

Huh? What are you talking about? Also I have given you a number of AU recruits that got bump ups the past couple of years and others very highly rated that did not drop. You just refuse to listen because you have such hatred for them that you refuse to accept or remember facts that have been given to you.

One thing u will eventually learn about me el, I don't bow down to nobody. When bama got their dlineman commit a couple of weeks ago they got a huge bump in pts for that player. We get our 4star commit we got just a small bump in pts on 24/7 rankings. I'm not asking for u to believe me, I look at rankings and follow it also.I saw it with my own 2 eyes! I don't need your verification whether or not that this took place, and I'm not scared to say these rankings of our players compared to theirs is bogus! I know it and you know it,that if mr Johnson was committed to the turds he would be a 5star!!

WarEagle gman87, glad u see it as well.

Go back and look up Brent calloways recruitment with AU and bama, while committed to the turds he was a 5* before his senior season in high school. When he flipped to AU he was bumped to a 4*. Refute it all u want, but it did happen!

The websites for rivals, scout, 247 etc need $$$, and they DO cater to the fan bases that generate the most hits and interest in their sites. I know AU commits do get rankings boosts from time to time, but the hard evidence is there that if a recruit commits to bama (and a few others as well) they are more likely than not to get rated higher. It's been going on for years ever since Forrest Davis was doing his magazine.

The websites for rivals, scout, 247 etc need $$$, and they DO cater to the fan bases that generate the most hits and interest in their sites. I know AU commits do get rankings boosts from time to time, but the hard evidence is there that if a recruit commits to bama (and a few others as well) they are more likely than not to get rated higher. It's been going on for years ever since Forrest Davis was doing his magazine.

Whatever happened to Forest Davis......Huge Bammer!

One thing u will eventually learn about me el, I don't bow down to nobody. When bama got their dlineman commit a couple of weeks ago they got a huge bump in pts for that player. We get our 4star commit we got just a small bump in pts on 24/7 rankings. I'm not asking for u to believe me, I look at rankings and follow it also.I saw it with my own 2 eyes! I don't need your verification whether or not that this took place, and I'm not scared to say these rankings of our players compared to theirs is bogus! I know it and you know it,that if mr Johnson was committed to the turds he would be a 5star!!

I know very well you don't back down, despite being shown facts that make your statements inaccurate countless times. I also know you don't do any real research to back up your beliefs and this situation is a perfect example of that falacy happening yet again. 1 DL did not give Bama 17 points. They got 16 points and it was from 3 players committing the past 2 weeks: a top tier TE in Hale Hentges who Gus wanted badly, the DT you referred to, and a LB. The TE is worth 8 points, DT 5, and the LB 3.

The saddest thing about most of the conspiracy theorists, is that they're probably half-right. What school a kid chooses will on occasion affect their rating. The funny thing is, that this system almost always benefits AU, as well as the other top-tier schools with large fan bases. The sites are businesses, and are concerned first and foremost with revenue. So they like to make sure that those fanbases that generate the most revenue are kept happy. I don't believe that that leads to large changes of multiple players to intentionally screw with rankings, as that would be oviously disingenuous and alienate far more fan bases than it would appease. However, what I do see happening is the occasional bump of Joe Schmo 3 star recruit from a smaller school who might have been overlooked the first go around, after he commits to a school like Auburn. not saying that it's an automatic bump by any means, but with clients griping about "when he's going to get his 4th star" his film is far more likely to get a second look than it would be if he committed to let's say an Troy St. So yes rating inflation likely does happen, but not on some megalomaniacal scale where Bama always has to have the best class, and Auburm gets shorted. If you really don't think Bama has been getting the best players, you haven't been paying very good attention the last five years..

Whatever happened to Forest Davis......Huge Bammer!

I imagine he's still hanging around someplace with his nose up Mike Dubose' butt. :Sing:

Archived