2014 Spring Practice - Day 4

RunInRed

DT/DE Elijah Daniel in shorts today and off to the side. Robenson Therezie has cast on left hand protecting pinky and ring finger.

Best part of practice? Fresh beat dropping on speakers as media walked out. Gus Malzahn's voice then dropped in to say "blue alert." #remix

Music expert here. RT @wareagleextra: ... the song in question was the instrumental of "Go Get It." I approve. #tip #grandhustle

@bmarcello

Robenson Therezie has a cast on his left hand, but it didn't appear to be limiting him at all.

Therezie was taking punts.

Gray King got some work -- along with a whole bunch of other people -- at punt returner

King's a walk-on wide receiver.

@JoelAEricksonAU

Robenson Therezie, Duke Williams and Jonathon Mincy were returning punts today.

Corey Grant was first RB, Cameron Artis-Payne was second, Peyton Barber was third during pace drills.

Ben Bradley also worked at first-team DT, swapping with Jeff Whitaker.

Decent. Healthy. Still work to do. RT @thejuiceisgood: @JHokanson how does Whitaker look moving around? Healthy?

@JHokanson

Shon Coleman was taking reps at LT with the first-team

DL is indeed working with Montravius and Gabe Wright at LDE. That's a big DL.

1st OL: Coleman-Kozan-Dismukes-Slade-Young 2nd OL: Miller-Danzey-Dampeer-Adams-Leff

Corey Grant was taking 1st RB reps. CAP 2nd, Peyton Barber 3rd.

2nd team secondary included Trovon Reed, Kamryn Melton, Johnathan Ford and Derrick Moncrief

@JamesCrepea

Kamryn Melton was rotating in at CB.

Former DTs Montravius Adams and Gabe Wright at DE with Carl Lawson while Angelo Blackson, Ben Bradley and Jeff Whitaker were at DT.

@AUBlog

Post-practice interviews ...

Robenson Therezie wants to improve his pass rush ability, playing more man: "Last season I didn't think I was too clean on man coverage."

@AUBlog

Therezie said he jammed his left hand, but that it was just "part of playing Auburn football. You get right back out there."

Therezie said he never considered leaving early for the NFL. He admitted this season is important to "improving my stock" for the draft.

Therezie said he still thinks about the loss in the BCS championship game loss every night. "I think about how we should be ordering rings."

Therezie says Mackenro Alexander has is "starting to understand the concepts and recognize formations" better.

@wareagleextra

Therezie says he's glad Justin Garrett's back in the mix, because of his ability against the run.

@JoelAEricksonAU

Robenson Therezie says he could play some corner later on.

@JamesCrepea

BjlbcrSIgAEM4ui.jpg

via @PMARSHONAU

"There's a question as to if I can run through the tackles... I want to let everyone know I can do that" - RB Corey Grant on spring goals.

@TheAUPlainsman

Corey Grant: "It's a lot easier. Last year it was kind of hard (learning the new offense) and trying to make plays at the same time."

@CoreyGranttt on @RickyParks46's return to the team: "It was just like he never left."

Grant on Peyton Barber: "He's picking up on things a lot quicker than we thought he should."

@AUBlog

Grant said that Brandon Fulse and Ricky Parks have been alternating as the first-team H-back.

@wareagleextra

Corey Grant: "I want to establish myself."

Corey Grant says he expects to be one of the top kick returners again

@JamesCrepea

Auburn RB Corey Grant on QB Nick Marshall and the zone-read: "Nick has gotten a lot better.

Auburn's Corey Grant on running back race: "It's a great competition right now. Everybody is coming along."

@AUGoldMine

Corey Grant says Auburn's still doing basic stuff, so the Tigers aren't really doing the "speed" packages he played in last season.

@JoelAEricksonAU

RB Cameron Artis-Payne says in his 1st season he gained experience, especially playing in front of so many people. #Auburn #WDE

@melissaykim

CAP: "as a team guy I was excited for the team, it wasn't about (individual play)."

CAP said he wants the RB competition to be over as soon as possible.

@JamesCrepea

Auburn RB Cameron Artis-Payne on vying to replace 1,800-yard rusher Tre Mason: "Definitely, I feel like I can do something similar."

Auburn RB Cameron Artis-Payne: "I feel more comfortable in the offense. I think everybody does."

@AUGoldMine

Cam Artis-Payne on what he learned in first year: "Technique matters, that's the biggest thing I learned" playing in the SEC

CAP: "I definitely feel the zone read will be as big a factor" this coming season as it was a year ago.

@AUBlog

Bjl_XFKv_CUAAd2_IW.jpg

via @TheAUPlainsman

Malzahn: "I felt like overall we had a solid practice."

Malzahn said the injury to Robenson Therezie's hand is "nothing serious."

@wareagleextra

Auburn's Gus Malzahn says tempo has picked up in Year Two: "So far, we've been faster. We should."

@AUGoldMine

Gus Malzahn: We did a lot of 11-on-11 on each other, rotated three groups, trying to give everyone an opportunity to show what they can do.

Malzahn: "The thing about spring is, everyone gets a chance."

Malzahn on decision to move DT Adams and Wright to DE: "Coach Garner is trying some different things out, mixing and matching."

Malzahn: "When we have our scrimmages, that's when RBs really have a chance to show what they can do." First scrimmage is Sat.

Malzahn on DL Elijah Daniel: "We held him out today, but he'll be back."

Malzahn on QB Jeremy Johnson: "I think Jeremy is similar to Nick, getting better at the ins and out, getting better with the read-zone.

Malzahn on special teams/kickers: "We're trying to put them in as many game-like situations as we can in the spring."

Malzahn confirms Justin Delaine is "no longer with our team." Decision was made "probably before" February.

@AUBlog

Bjl_XFKv_CUAAd2_IW.jpg

via @TheAUPlainsman

Auburn receiver Quan Bray on Nick Marshall this spring: "I've seen an NFL-caliber quarterback."

@AUGoldMine

Quan Bray on JUCO 5-star WR signee Duke Williams: "He's a competitor. He hates to lose. I see that he's a baller."

@JHokanson

Quan Bray was D'haquille Williams' host on his recruiting visit. Says Williams is driven, an intense competitor.

@JoelAEricksonAU

Quan Bray said the offense "picking up where we left off a couple of months ago."

@wareagleextra

BjlgbxHIYAAKgkA.jpg

via @PMARSHONAU

Sammie Coates said he isn't thinking about last season's production. "I don't think about last season at all. That's gone."

@JHokanson

Auburn's Sammie Coates on Nick Marshall's big spring: "It's going to be a shock to the world what he can do."

@AUGoldMine

"You have to go out with the attitude that no one can stop you" - WR Sammie Coates on his mindset change this spring.

@TheAUPlainsman

@sammiecoates11 on @TRUitt_thaTRUth (Stanton Truitt): "He's going to help us out a lot because he's so quick, he's so shifty."

@AUBlog

Sammie Coates says the problems he once had with drops is in the past. "If I do drop one at practice, I put it behind me."

@wareagleextra

Sammie Coates says he's been working on "getting his feet under him" -- in other words, being under control to get in and out of breaks.

@JoelAErickson

Is it me or is Coach Craig trying to burn a hole through their hands..."I still got it"

Yes he was humming it! :D

Is it me or is Coach Craig trying to burn a hole through their hands..."I still got it"

makes my fingers hurt just watching that.

Yes he was humming it! :D

WRs did better catching last year. Still needs work though so keep'em humming Coach Craig!

I am glad he is our coach but don't understand why his NFL career didn't last longer. Besides being just under6' I didn't see any weakness.

His jersey from the Claymores is hanging in the Hall of Fame in Canton.

Yea I know that whole 611 yards passing in a game thing, pfft what a joke /sarcfont

Anyone else notice Coach Malzahn's snazzy pullover (SECCG Logo)? ...

Bjl3szTIcAISqcm.jpg

Laruren Barnard photo

F1053884.jpg

via AuburnSports.com

Archived