Former AU WR Nate Craig-Myers Transfers to Colorado St.

CameronCrazy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By "back to where we should be" so you mean "competing for championships?" Being able to win 1-3 more games? Not regressing? I remember this time four years ago when little hints were dropping like crazy and it was only after the season when they all made sense.

However, I'm very glad to say I was wrong about NCM and DB. :)/>

It is a bad sign for our program if he goes there.

So I guess our sign is good now?

You tell us Golf. Back in November you said we weren't. Are we back to where we shouid be.

no

In your opinion, what needs to happen for us to be where we should be? Thanks

All I say is lets see what happens in the next few months on the offensive side of the ball

So if I bring this up again prior to practice starting in August will you give an honest, non-PC opinion of the state of the program with details?

wde

maybe PBR's help hint hint

PM me your address and I will send you a case of PBR if you will give me a non-PC opinion.

wde

Conversation of the A's

PM me what you mean jeff.

You tell us Golf. Back in November you said we weren't. Are we back to where we shouid be.

no

All I say is lets see what happens in the next few months on the offensive side of the ball

So if I bring this up again prior to practice starting in August will you give an honest, non-PC opinion of the state of the program with details?

wde

PM me your address and I will send you a case of PBR if you will give me a non-PC opinion.

wde

Conversation of the A's

PM me what you mean jeff.

No meaning. Convo is by usernames that start with letter A.

It's pretty clear the offense regressed last year...was it due to QB play, Gus being stubborn, Rhett being dead weight, youth, inexperience, talent, play calling, Martians, the Saban effect, the Aubietron, JayJacobs, other coaches figuring Gus out, or the decision to continue making twinkles. If the QB play gets better - then the play calling and offensive production gets better....we may not find this out until September when Dabo comes to town.

The play calling last year with the exception the A&M game was horrendous. That disappointed me as much as much as our quarterback play

It's pretty clear the offense regressed last year...was it due to QB play, Gus being stubborn, Rhett being dead weight, youth, inexperience, talent, play calling, Martians, the Saban effect, the Aubietron, JayJacobs, other coaches figuring Gus out, or the decision to continue making twinkles. If the QB play gets better - then the play calling and offensive production gets better....we may not find this out until September when Dabo comes to town.

The play calling last year with the exception the A&M game was horrendous. That disappointed me as much as much as our quarterback play

Execution was far better as well

no

wde

wde

Lol. Good to know Golf's opinion is worth a mighty $2.50

:laugh:

A coach can only call plays that his players are capable of executing. With severely limited capability at QB, the plays that could be called were severely limited.

A coach can only call plays that his players are capable of executing. With severely limited capability at QB, the plays that could be called were severely limited.

True but if you have a limited number of plays at least draw them from a hat each series to create some randomness.

We could not have been more predictable as far as the opposition was concerned if the coaches had just written the play call in plain English on the sideline boards when the play was being sent in to the team.....made guys like Verne and his crew look like geniuses predicting our plays before the team ran them.

True but if you have a limited number of plays at least draw them from a hat each series to create some randomness.

We could not have been more predictable as far as the opposition was concerned if the coaches had just written the play call in plain English on the sideline boards when the play was being sent in to the team.....made guys like Verne and his crew look like geniuses predicting our plays before the team ran them.

There were some play calling in the Miss, Miss St, Uga game that were mind blowing. Especially at the end of the Miss game ( I believe that was the game). All three of those were winnable with a skilled play caller

Meanwhile as for NC-M....I'm hoping he becomes the Duke Williams that we never got to see much of. Duke had all the physical tools....just too bad he could not deal with his personal issues. Could have been the best.

So now we have another guy like that coming to AU. I'm eager to see him make our QBs look better than they are and help build an explosive offense.

I was more disappointed at the play calling with SW in the game. I think we all agree he can throw, seems like they would let him throw to the middle of the field more, take a couple more deep shots to loosen up the field besides the fake end around (really doesn't matter if we connect it or not) and give him some more options besides a wheel route and a 6 yd curl....also the stopping of running the ball and the player substitutions were horrible as far as the hb's.

People can save me the pass blocking thing hundreds of coaches work around that problem, even if barber was better Robinson wasn't completely inept that he couldn't be on the field at all, and the game was close and there was no need to go to air attacks every down a couple of the games I.e. Georgia

We all know that.

Even when SW showed he was capable, the monotony of the play calling was so easy to see.

I was more disappointed at the play calling with SW in the game. I think we all agree he can throw, seems like they would let him throw to the middle of the field more, take a couple more deep shots to loosen up the field besides the fake end around (really doesn't matter if we connect it or not) and give him some more options besides a wheel route and a 6 yd curl....also the stopping of running the ball and the player substitutions were horrible as far as the hb's.

People can save me the pass blocking thing hundreds of coaches work around that problem, even if barber was better Robinson wasn't completely inept that he couldn't be on the field at all, and the game was close and there was no need to go to air attacks every down a couple of the games I.e. Georgia

This.

• 3 months later...

Same as the rest of the WR class, I think any or all of them could be all conference by the time they're done. Was a really talented class we signed.

I hope I don't have unreasonably high expectations for him.

Probably not compared to me. I think he will be the best WR on the team & starting before the season is over.

Archived