2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

To: WarDamnEagleWDE

Despite the idiots on this board that will argue with anyone (including yourself), please don't let it get you down and please keep posting.

Thanks!

?

WarDamnWDE is very valuable to this site. I really hope posters like AUJeff and yourself, don't keep him from posting his inside scoop!

Ive yet to stop him. Now you're just being a dick only because I have called out your BS in the past. Don't even start this crap.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To: WarDamnEagleWDE

Despite the idiots on this board that will argue with anyone (including yourself), please don't let it get you down and please keep posting.

Thanks!

?

WarDamnWDE is very valuable to this site. I really hope posters like AUJeff and yourself, don't keep him from posting his inside scoop!

What are you talking about. You're like Mr Rogers if he decided to troll on a forum. Me and wde talk all the time. Nobody was even arguing in this thread and you posted this....I guess you want attention. You never answered are you the guy or the girl in your pic. What do you even offer to this forum? I've never seen you just post about football. It's always the you telling someone how to behave on the board....You're not even a mod

With Cowart and Holland we should be good over next couple years at Buck with Marshall, Davidson, Prince and Thomas other DE is looking good we really need a couple of DT's and at least two probably three linebackers to round out the front 7. We already have Tre at LB and from what I hear Bush looks promising so a couple more LB's and I will be happy and maybe Mikey also. Then it is how quick we can develop the new players as to how fast we can see a turn around on D. This kid can be a piece of it.

I'm told that CWM is on the verge of starting Atkinson at LBer. So don't forget him.

Am I the only one having a hard time nderstanding this?

You could be. Something, anything, needs to be done to improve LB play and Atkinson, small or not, might be a help. Garrett is doing well when healthy but now Tre Williams is banged up. Something has needed doing there since 2011. At least Muschamp is giving it a try.

With Cowart and Holland we should be good over next couple years at Buck with Marshall, Davidson, Prince and Thomas other DE is looking good we really need a couple of DT's and at least two probably three linebackers to round out the front 7. We already have Tre at LB and from what I hear Bush looks promising so a couple more LB's and I will be happy and maybe Mikey also. Then it is how quick we can develop the new players as to how fast we can see a turn around on D. This kid can be a piece of it.

I'm told that CWM is on the verge of starting Atkinson at LBer. So don't forget him.

You could be. Something, anything, needs to be done to improve LB play and Atkinson, small or not, might be a help. Garrett is doing well when healthy but now Tre Williams is banged up. Something has needed doing there since 2011. At least Muschamp is giving it a try.

I heard Atkinson is pretty good,

Check around....linebackers come in all sizes. What is needed is a nose for the ball and willing to be a hitter. Seems to me the best ones have an instinct for the game....just know where to be. I'm afraid some of our guys just lack that instinct and too often take themselves out of a play.

Check around....linebackers come in all sizes. What is needed is a nose for the ball and willing to be a hitter. Seems to me the best ones have an instinct for the game....just know where to be. I'm afraid some of our guys just lack that instinct and too often take themselves out of a play.

Oh, I'm all for smaller, faster linebackers with a nose for the ball, have been for years. The Williams duo back in Tubb's years were close to my ideal. 210, 215 and fast is good at LB in my book. However the listing I have for Atkinson is 6'1", 183 pounds. That's a tad small even for my liking. If that info on his size (from ITAT) is not correct, someone please update me.

Oh, I'm all for smaller, faster linebackers with a nose for the ball, have been for years. The Williams duo back in Tubb's years were close to my ideal. 210, 215 and fast is good at LB in my book. However the listing I have for Atkinson is 6'1", 183 pounds. That's a tad small even for my liking. If that info on his size (from ITAT) is not correct, someone please update me.

Didn't realize he was sub-200...but was commenting on the trend around here for larger guys ...."like bama has" which is why , perhaps, our starters are in the 250 range now...and not so quick?

I recall the days of Sam Mills of the Panthers and elsewhere...about 5-10 and 200 pounds...and one of the best. Seems that "attitude" is about 90% of the need for a good LB.

Didn't realize he was sub-200...but was commenting on the trend around here for larger guys ...."like bama has" which is why , perhaps, our starters are in the 250 range now...and not so quick?

I recall the days of Sam Mills of the Panthers and elsewhere...about 5-10 and 200 pounds...and one of the best. Seems that "attitude" is about 90% of the need for a good LB.

5'9" and 230, big difference

We probably dont so I'm not creating a thread but is there not any recruiting news from today's game?

Great suggestion. I know al.com usually posts an article with all the tweets by thr recruits, but apparently no members of this site go there anymore.

We probably dont so I'm not creating a thread but is there not any recruiting news from today's game?

Great suggestion. I know al.com usually posts an article with all the tweets by thr recruits, but apparently no members of this site go there anymore.

You could go for us.

You could go for us.

Well here's some good news from J. Lee. Paul James loved his visit and will come back in two weeks with a commitment to the good guys.

Question about LB recruiting... Did AU not go after the Gainus kid from UAB? He looks pretty good...could definitely play at AU

AU did not even consider offering. Ganus was practically begging for an offer but it never came. White kid. We considered too slow. Apparently didn't even consider his brains because he is the QB of the GA defense.

Question about LB recruiting... Did AU not go after the Gainus kid from UAB? He looks pretty good...could definitely play at AU

Gainus was a tricky situation coming out of Chelsea... was a QB in high school, played some safety. Signed with UAB as a safety. And honestly, was a step slow for the defensive backfield.... especially in the SEC! UAB lost football, Gainus gained weight... a lot of weight. He was a no risk sign for UGA (1 year). Georgia is very thin at LB, so it worked out for them.

AU did not even consider offering. Ganus was practically begging for an offer but it never came. White kid. We considered too slow. Apparently didn't even consider his brains because he is the QB of the GA defense.

So white coaches didn't offer him because he was white?

In my opinion, Gainus is a lot like Jake Holland. He knows what to do and where to be but lacks the athleticism to be dominant. He's good at calling the defenses for uga but he'll never be mistaken for a Reggie Ragland type of player.

So white coaches didn't offer him because he was white?

Supposed to have been tongue in cheek. White and slow, much like Jake Holland was thought to have been. :Sing:

In my opinion, Gainus is a lot like Jake Holland. He knows what to do and where to be but lacks the athleticism to be dominant. He's good at calling the defenses for uga but he'll never be mistaken for a Reggie Ragland type of player.

That may be but he would be starting for AU....athleticism or not. And he is, IMO, better than Holland....actually no comparison.

For whatever reason, Auburn never offered any of UAB's former players. I wish they had because we could have used some on this years team.

Archived