2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

Is there any new word on this young man? Is he still being recruited by the AU staff, or have they decided to let him go?

We still lead with Marshall, but I am not sure what the staff's position is with him. We may have some targets higher on the board.

Not according to this story:

After de-committing from Auburn last month, 3-star defensive tackle David Marshall has been searching for the right fit – and the Thomaston native believes he may have found it.

As it now stands, the 6-foot-3, 255-pound prospect confirmed to the AJC that Ole Miss is now his frontrunner.

“They really want me to come there and be a part of their family,” Marshall told the AJC.

Marshall has yielded offers from over 10 schools, including Alabama and Auburn – two programs that he’s been linked heavily to – but says as of late, Ole Miss has been persistent in their bid for his services. More importantly, Marshall says, they’re recruiting him as a defensive end, and they could serve as his best chance to get on the field as a freshman.

“They’re really recruiting me to come and play my freshman year, and that’s a big deal,” Marshall said.

Marshall says he has been in constant contact with Ole Miss defensive line coach Chris Kiffin, who’s conveyed to him that he’ll have the opportunity to play both the five and three-technique positions, something he says some programs, such as Alabama, haven’t considered. It’s in these roles that Marshall feels he can be the most effective.

“They play physical and they play fast,” Marshall said of the Ole Miss defense. “I like how they team up and play together up front.”

Likewise, Auburn has maintained that it would like for Marshall to play defensive end. And although he decommitted from the Tigers, Marshall still acknowledges that they remain to be one of his leading schools.

“I just wanted to reopen my recruitment and get other schools to start looking at me,” Marshall said of the decision. “I wanted to take the chance and go visit other schools.”

As it stands, Marshall plans on taking official visits to Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Louisville and Tennessee, not in any particular order. However, his timetable on making a decision remains uncertain.

“It’ll be a while,” Marshall said. “I’ll probably do it around the bowl games or I might wait until signing day.”

— By Chuck Kingsbury, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Sounds like to me we may well be done here.

This is probably due to the fact that he has tried to commit and was told to wait.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like some spin from the AJC to me. Nowhere in the article was Marshall quoted as saying that Ole Miss led.

Keith also had a very recent story up about Marshall that you should check out if you have access to 247.

Maybe spin; but I'd call it a straight lie if he didn't confirm that Ole Miss was now his leader. I mean, maybe he just said 'yes' when asked if Ole Miss led.

:dunno:/>

Maybe he was quoted as saying yes when asked if Auburn still led. ;)/>

Dunno. KN (free read) seems pretty nonplussed by this development.

Wow, the knee jerk reaction by everyone. Keith stoked the fire, lol, good employee. AJC, well, they have a history.

Like Clayton said, Marshall may visit Auburn in the coming weeks. If he doesn't, but shows up to Ole Miss in August that'll be a better indicator.

Fair enough. Not sure I'm jerking my knee, though.

:dance:/>

LOL, I wasn't talking about you jerking your knee (I'm sure there's a fap joke in there) bud, but the posters over on AUC lit up.

Both of you have jerks for knees, and your knees are jerks!

Marshall seems like a good kid. I would love to have him. Hopefully, when the process is complete he chooses the good guys.

Now says his top 5 is ole miss/auburn at #1

I'm no math major but something ain't right.

Marshall seems like a good kid. I would love to have him. Hopefully, when the process is complete he chooses the good guys.

Marshall may be a good kid BUT he did AU wrong. And AU is holding his feet to the fire for it. Kid really needs to just shut up and quit with all this drama and top 5's IF he wants another AU offer. And I don't care what the AU sites are saying, Marshall does not have a commitable offer to AU right now. I for one hope he never does.

Marshall may be a good kid BUT he did AU wrong. And AU is holding his feet to the fire for it. Kid really needs to just shut up and quit with all this drama and top 5's IF he wants another AU offer. And I don't care what the AU sites are saying, Marshall does not have a commitable offer to AU right now. I for one hope he never does.

+1 WDEWDE!

What did he do that was so bad? I assume more than just decommit?

What did he do that was so bad? I assume more than just decommit?

Came up to Big Cat. Said he was very firm to AU. Left and went to visit uat the day after. Tosh Lukuo, or how ever you spell his sorry ass name, got into his ear about playing for uat. Kid drank the kool aid and decommitted from AU. Well that so called offer from uat was not a firm offer. Cliff version for you.

Some of the comments about Marshall are ridiculous. I think many of you have forgotten how swayable you were when you were in high school. These kids face enormous pressure from various schools and we should give them some grace knowing that they may make poor decisions in the process. What we should be focusing on is not his decommitment but whether he has a strong character and will be able to contribute if he signs with us. That said, I am fine conditioning his potential future commitment on him affirming that the recruiting process is over, or even holding off on a firm offer until February...when the recruiting process comes to a completion.

Some of the comments about Marshall are ridiculous. I think many of you have forgotten how swayable you were when you were in high school. These kids face enormous pressure from various schools and we should give them some grace knowing that they may make poor decisions in the process. What we should be focusing on is not his decommitment but whether he has a strong character and will be able to contribute if he signs with us. That said, I am fine conditioning his potential future commitment on him affirming that the recruiting process is over, or even holding off on a firm offer until February...when the recruiting process comes to a completion.

I'm inclined to think the same thing, but playing devil's advocate to myself, I considered that WDE, ellitor and others are close to a LOT of these recruiting situations. They don't express these thoughts about every decommitment. Many "fans" are very quick to assume the worst about the players anytime something doesn't pan out quite like we'd hoped, but I don't see that from our recruiting gurus.

Put another way, if WDE is disappointed in a kid's behavior, then there's a really good chance that a coach was also disappointed. At least that's the opinion I've formed after hanging out around here for awhile.

Most 18 year-olds are unreliable nitwits.

I think it's a bunch of board posters getting emotional and I doubt the coaches are at all

You think it is ridiculous that Marshall and uat played AU? The AU coaches don't.

I think it's a bunch of board posters getting emotional and I doubt the coaches are at all

Emotional? No. Angry? You bet they were.

So you can be angry without being emotional?

I'm not emotional at all about Marshall. Not lost one nights sleep about him.

Sigh

Sigh

Sigh? I just don't want him at Auburn.

Archived