2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why has Auburn been recruiting some d-linemen and linebackers. No wonder we're getting run over by much bigger teams then us.

Good question. I think we're going without any D-lineman next year and just use converted quarterbacks. I mean who knows how to read a quarterback better than a former quarterback.

I'm not too sure I can picture this kid at defensive end. A little too slow to be a pass rusher. His size and mentality are promising with the right coaching but a lot of technique work is needed.

Honestly, with Muschamp at the helm I trust any defensive recruit he deems as worthy.

I think Lawson is gone to the NFL and that could be the reason we are recruiting so many DE

Word is, he's thinking of staying. Hope for us that's true.

If I had to guess he will. He is an extrordinary athlete, the biggest issue with him is the fact that he literally is triple teamed each down and so he is not making the highlight play that some NFL teams may be looking for, but he is still causing other defenders to get 1 on 1 situations. Its kind of like M. Adams earlier, great player, just can't do much when you are double or triple teamed each down.

He is staying, and I feel pretty confident he will. If he has the breakout season that I think he will for 2016, he will add a ton of money to his NFL contract. If he goes out this year, he will lose far too much money. He has not had a sufficient number of solid games under his belt as a healthy DE yet to make the kind of money he will get after the 2016 season. My take on it.

We need as many front 7 men as we can reasonably sign. We all know that it can be a craps shot on how these young men will turn out. I think we will be fine if we can shore up wherever low numbers are along the DL and LBS with young men with character that will stay out of trouble and be true blue Auburn Men.

I think Lawson is going on to the NFL but I would love nothing more than for him and Adams to come back because I think Muschamp will have this defense close to elite next year with the help of those two guys.. But I think both of them are NFL ready right now and not sure that they will stick around..

WAR EAGLE!!

I think Lawson is going on to the NFL but I would love nothing more than for him and Adams to come back because I think Muschamp will have this defense close to elite next year with the help of those two guys.. But I think both of them are NFL ready right now and not sure that they will stick around..

WAR EAGLE!!

Can you stop bumping every recruit thread?

WAR EAGLE!!

Agreed.

WAR EAGLE!!

Agreed.

I see someone beat me to it. It's a little tedious, A4E...

WAR EAGLE!!

Agreed.

I see someone beat me to it. It's a little tedious, A4E...

I see what you did there and, though my approval is worthless, I vehemently approve.

• 3 weeks later...

David Marshall is recruiting for Auburn now. He is becoming a great recruit. for Auburn down the stretch.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dee_hooper35/status/674414958537539585

He is sending mixed messages. He told one of the recruiting sites that he is 70% committed.

David Marshall is recruiting for Auburn now. He is becoming a great recruit. for Auburn down the stretch.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dee_hooper35/status/674414958537539585

He is sending mixed messages. He told one of the recruiting sites that he is 70% committed.

Well I guess Landon Rice is my favorite recruit again.

https://mobile.twitt...414958537539585

Maybe he's 70% because Auburn don't have a D-Coordinator and with that brings uncertainty on whose leaving and whose coming in on the defensive staff. So majority of AU recruits are going to keep their options open especially if Will Mushamp or T-rob was vital in there recruitment.

Archived