2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

This kid has played too much. Pull the offer.

Do we actually do this, as a program? Honest question. I don't recall that I've heard of an offer being removed once given.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This kid has played too much. Pull the offer.

Do we actually do this, as a program? Honest question. I don't recall that I've heard of an offer being removed once given.

We have. Casher being the most notable example I remember.

This kid has committed, decommitted, recommitted and is now wavering. Under the circumstances, I would just give him an ultimatum to cancel all visits and honor his committment or lose his offer. IMO the coaches have been more than patient with this kid and are now being played.

Georgia isn't giving up ...

Great visit 1f436.png1f43e.png #DawgsOnTop

CZCQNjfWEAAxwua.jpg

My family is now coming with on my Official visit to UGA !

@dee_hooper35

This coming less than 24 hours after saying what he did about his AU official, he must think this is just a joke at this point.

"Auburn is a special place."

The next day he reuses "Dogs on top."

I think he's just having fun and trying to build drama

his entire recruitment has been a possible drag queen show, not sure what we are seeing from him. Athens would be a good fit, 3star thinks he is a 5star, yank the offer Gus, having fun and creating drama is not what builds a team, loyalty does, this kid shows none

I think he's just having fun and trying to build drama

FTR #DawgsOnTop is a tag a # of UGA recruits use apparently.

yank the offer Gus,

I hate to say it but I'm not sure the staff feels they are in a spot to yank the offer, especially w/ Newkirk & Manning not being in the class. If 1 was healthy & the other qualified we would be in a much better spot to let DM go. DM can play DT or DE. The staff wanted 3 to 4 of each for a minimum of 6 DL & the minimum being if Carl & Monty stayed which they did. We have 5 right now.

yank the offer Gus,

I hate to say it but I'm not sure the staff feels they are in a spot to yank the offer, especially w/ Newkirk & Manning not being in the class. If 1 was healthy & the other qualified we would be in a much better spot to let DM go. DM can play DT or DE. The staff wanted 3 to 4 of each for a minimum of 6 DL & the minimum being if Carl & Monty stayed which they did. We have 5 right now.

I just hope he ends up being worth all the drama....

Should be some fun summer workouts if he signs

Why would they punish him for signing with Auburn?

If Auburn's getting some sort of raw end of the deal, then why are we still recruiting him?

If Auburn's getting some sort of raw end of the deal, then why are we still recruiting him?

CRG will "de-recruit" Davis during the fall/spring/summer workouts/practices.

He'll do that with a lot of guys for a lot of reasons, right? Wasn't Cowart complaining last season about the same treatment?

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they'll "see how much he wants to be here" in the offseason. I just still laugh at all the folks around here who act like their Wheaties keep getting pissed in.

You mean David?

You mean David?

Yes.

He'll do that with a lot of guys for a lot of reasons, right? Wasn't Cowart complaining last season about the same treatment?

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they'll "see how much he wants to be here" in the offseason. I just still laugh at all the folks around here who act like their Wheaties keep getting pissed in.

Yes to the first part.

What WDEWDE said. And yes it will occur with all, but you think Garner will forget the games played at the expense of his position coach and lead recruiter?

Why are you dramatizing my 1 sentence post that was far from what you described.?

Why are you dramatizing my 1 sentence post that was far from what you described.?

There's that word drama again. But my apologies for misinterpreting. What did you mean with your 1 sentence post? Whose summer workouts will be fun? How and why will they be fun? We'll ignore your subsequent post that Marshall was "playing games" for the purposes of this part of the conversation.

There's that word drama again. But my apologies for misinterpreting. What did you mean with your 1 sentence post? Whose summer workouts will be fun? How and why will they be fun? We'll ignore your subsequent post that Marshall was "playing games" for the purposes of this part of the conversation.

Have I used the word drama before or been a large part of any of this conversation? Just wondering why you chose to add the comment to my post about a summer workout?

Is it not public knowledge that he has enjoyed the recruiting process with emotional reactions to current visits? Is it a bad assumption that he will be de-recruited by AU if he signs?

Have I used the word drama before or been a large part of any of this conversation? Just wondering why you chose to add the comment to my post about a summer workout?

Is it not public knowledge that he has enjoyed the recruiting process with emotional reactions to current visits? Is it a bad assumption that he will be de-recruited by AU if he signs?

You're right. You didn't say "drama" like so many other posters in this thread (and like any thread where a kid doesn't commit to Auburn in July and completely shut his recruitment immediately after). You used the other one, "playing games". My bad.

Has Marshall enjoyed the recruiting process and does he react emotionally to his visits? He does seem to appreciate getting scholarship offers from upper tier SEC football programs, but he doesn't seem nearly as emotional about his recruitment as Auburn fans are.

Like I said, I know a lot of players will be "de-recruited", but I haven't seen any other players specifically have that suggested about them. No, I don't think that Marshall should be singled out for leveraging the system to his benefit. Once he signs somewhere, then everything after that will be done for his coach's and school's benefit.

Edit: I comment frequently when I think recruits or players are taking undeserved heat for being human beings and placing their own needs above those of the fans of the football programs who will enjoy obscene ROIs on their scholarships.

Archived