2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

Its been done in the pass Shug had some of his asst. coaches use certain ways to reverse things on the bear. Most of it included alcohol consumption by said bear while recruiting

You got a link to back up that information, bruh?

Saw it in person on 3 recruiting trip to turdland in 68 and 69. As for asst. coaches using reverse tactic it would be too long but Sam, Bobby Freeman, and Gene Lorendo were the best at it.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You got a link, bruh?

I'm expecting a ban any minute now.

Yes, yes, definitely. Golf should be banned for spreading unsubstantiated rumors about current coaches. Great idea. I totally see how what he said is just like what you ... oh, wait -- no I don't.

His parents like AU a lot and I would be surprised if he does not end up at AU.

Yeah, it looks like he will wind up here. I just hope he decides he wants to be part of AU. If he's still pining for Bama, he could end up there. (Pun intended.)

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any new word on this young man? Is he still being recruited by the AU staff, or have they decided to let him go?

The latest updates in the thread still reign. We are still recruiting him and want him for the moment but will likely not take him back til he is done with visits.

• 1 month later...

Ole Miss

That's an odd one. Considering the day before Marshall said AU led (according to KN), guess the staff doesn't want to take him back after that whole deal months ago?

Is there any new word on this young man? Is he still being recruited by the AU staff, or have they decided to let him go?

We still lead with Marshall, but I am not sure what the staff's position is with him. We may have some targets higher on the board.

We still lead with Marshall, but I am not sure what the staff's position is with him. We may have some targets higher on the board.

Not according to this story:

After de-committing from Auburn last month, 3-star defensive tackle David Marshall has been searching for the right fit – and the Thomaston native believes he may have found it.

As it now stands, the 6-foot-3, 255-pound prospect confirmed to the AJC that Ole Miss is now his frontrunner.

“They really want me to come there and be a part of their family,” Marshall told the AJC.

Marshall has yielded offers from over 10 schools, including Alabama and Auburn – two programs that he’s been linked heavily to – but says as of late, Ole Miss has been persistent in their bid for his services. More importantly, Marshall says, they’re recruiting him as a defensive end, and they could serve as his best chance to get on the field as a freshman.

“They’re really recruiting me to come and play my freshman year, and that’s a big deal,” Marshall said.

Marshall says he has been in constant contact with Ole Miss defensive line coach Chris Kiffin, who’s conveyed to him that he’ll have the opportunity to play both the five and three-technique positions, something he says some programs, such as Alabama, haven’t considered. It’s in these roles that Marshall feels he can be the most effective.

“They play physical and they play fast,” Marshall said of the Ole Miss defense. “I like how they team up and play together up front.”

Likewise, Auburn has maintained that it would like for Marshall to play defensive end. And although he decommitted from the Tigers, Marshall still acknowledges that they remain to be one of his leading schools.

“I just wanted to reopen my recruitment and get other schools to start looking at me,” Marshall said of the decision. “I wanted to take the chance and go visit other schools.”

As it stands, Marshall plans on taking official visits to Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Louisville and Tennessee, not in any particular order. However, his timetable on making a decision remains uncertain.

“It’ll be a while,” Marshall said. “I’ll probably do it around the bowl games or I might wait until signing day.”

— By Chuck Kingsbury, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Sounds like to me we may well be done here.

Marshall will be in Auburn next week. Muschamp told him to they want him to visit soon. We still want him.

Sounds like some spin from the AJC to me. Nowhere in the article was Marshall quoted as saying that Ole Miss led.

Keith also had a very recent story up about Marshall that you should check out if you have access to 247.

Sounds like some spin from the AJC to me. Nowhere in the article was Marshall quoted as saying that Ole Miss led.

Keith also had a very recent story up about Marshall that you should check out if you have access to 247.

Maybe spin; but I'd call it a straight lie if he didn't confirm that Ole Miss was now his leader. I mean, maybe he just said 'yes' when asked if Ole Miss led.

:dunno:

Maybe spin; but I'd call it a straight lie if he didn't confirm that Ole Miss was now his leader. I mean, maybe he just said 'yes' when asked if Ole Miss led.

Maybe he was quoted as saying yes when asked if Auburn still led. ;)

Dunno. KN (free read) seems pretty nonplussed by this development.

Wow, the knee jerk reaction by everyone. Keith stoked the fire, lol, good employee. AJC, well, they have a history.

Like Clayton said, Marshall may visit Auburn in the coming weeks. If he doesn't, but shows up to Ole Miss in August that'll be a better indicator.

Wow, the knee jerk reaction by everyone. Keith stoked the fire, lol, good employee. AJC, well, they have a history.

Like Clayton said, Marshall may visit Auburn in the coming weeks. If he doesn't, but shows up to Ole Miss in August that'll be a better indicator.

Fair enough. Not sure I'm jerking my knee, though.

:dance:

LOL, I wasn't talking about you jerking your knee (I'm sure there's a fap joke in there) bud, but the posters over on AUC lit up.

LOL, I wasn't talking about you jerking your knee (I'm sure there's a fap joke in there) bud, but the posters over on AUC lit up.

Yeah -- lots of milquetoasts over there.

Ole Miss may be his best option right now. FWIW.

Thread savvy use of words.

Thread savvy use of words.

;)

Ole Miss may be his best option right now. FWIW.

From an outsider's perspective, it looks as if the kid could teach a class in how to complicate your own recruiting situation.

Archived