2014 Players Leaving (Updated: 7/20/15)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I'd be first, but Miller is outchea

Can't blame him at all, these coaches are clearly committed to Coleman through thick and thin, and with all the linemen coming off of injuries plus some of the commits, he might've got lost.

I honestly think it's because he knows he will not be starting next year. Either Avery Young will move back over to RT or Braden Smith will take over. He hasn't been very consistent, so it will not be a huge loss. It hurts depth a little, but we still have plenty of that. My thought is that he decided to declare because he started most games this year. And next year as a senior, he probably will have barely played.

https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1725002

AUBURN | Another Auburn junior will head for the NFL after all.

Right tackle Patrick Miller on Tuesday night revealed plans to forgo his senior season and make an early jump to the professional ranks. He started the first four games of 2014, but made only one start after that.

"I want to thank Pat for his contributions to the Auburn football program during his three years," coach Gus Malzahn said. "I'm excited for Pat and wish him the best."

Miller joins wideout Sammie Coates as Auburn underclassmen who already are preparing for the 2015 NFL Draft. Still, linebackers Cassanova McKinzy and Kris Frost joined wideout D'haquille Williams in electing to play their senior seasons on the Plains.

Miller signed with Auburn prior to the 2012 season and started nine games as a freshman, though he earned a promotion only after Avery Young was lost for the season with a shoulder injury. Miller maintained his hold on the job to open the 2013 season, but drew a suspension in October and played sparingly after earning reinstatement.

Yeah that's pretty surprising. I was very excited after Patrick Miller flipped to us from LSU, but his career has been underwhelming. I was hoping that he would become a much improved player and a starter his senior year. We really needed him for depth purposes too.

Patrick Miller is basically leaving because he's running from the competition. Nobody has him anywhere near draftable right now. If you don't think you're good enough to start at tackle in the SEC, what makes u think you're NFL ready?

Patrick Miller is basically leaving because he's running from the competition. Nobody has him anywhere near draftable right now. If you don't think you're good enough to start at tackle in the SEC, what makes u think you're NFL ready?

I tend to agree, although perhaps not so harshly, LoL

Good question. Maybe he's just ready to quit playing football. There's a really good possibility that's what in his immediate future. I wish him the best.

Coming back he would have probably been 2nd string...guess he thinks he can get on at camp and work his way onto a roster in a few years. I wish him the best and can see him playing in the league...

I like Patrick Miller and wish he had stayed, and I hope he comes back and finishes his degree at Auburn. On the bright side we're freeing up a scholarship in a deep offensive position that Boom can use to bring in another player at a position where we're thin (DE)..

Well if the guy ahead of you is more nfl ready then you could be nfl ready but not starting in the SEC

If you don't know Patrick Miller personally, what makes you think you have any idea what you're talking about?

If you don't know Patrick Miller personally, what makes you think you have any idea what you're talking about?

Actually, I doubt anyone here really knows whats going on with this decision but it is out of the blue and little unexpected especially given the fact that he hasn't been able to lock down his position at Auburn. I hope his decision turns out to be what he hopes it will but odds are against him just like they are for every college player making it in the pros.

true....just an idiot statement by someone hiding behind their keyboard.

The guy played hard and is part of an OL with a huge amount of talent....has the physical tools for the NFL and not likely to improve his draft status sharing time with a half dozen other pre-NFL players. Hope he makes it.

Archived