Vegas has us down the line again

Johndunc

I guess Vegas can't buy into Auburn being a quality team. They have us O/U 9 wins this year. Of course they Have Bama at 11. They must be getting rich off all of the Bama fans!

Tougher schedule, for one.

If our D fills out, like I believe it can, bet the over.

I guess Vegas can't buy into Auburn being a quality team. They have us O/U 9 wins this year. Of course they Have Bama at 11. They must be getting rich off all of the Bama fans!

Schedule has a lot to do with that and Auburn fans need to remember Auburn went 6-1 in one score games last year.

Vegas has had the O/U for Bama at 11 for the last 3 years. I bet the over during those years and won 2 of the last 3 years. The only year I lost $$ on the Auburn O/U line was 2012, so I've done pretty well betting on both teams.

It's no conspiracy, just take a look at the schedule. I can see us winning a lot of those games but there are definitely some pickum's IMO. Fact is we play in the most competitive division in college football and there will be some tight games that can go the other way.

I would not consult Vegas with my 401-K plan.

Historically, Auburn has not done very well as a front-runner. Personally, I'd rather see Auburn underrated going into the season. UGA, Bama and USCe will be really tough games, and there are a couple of teams on the schedule capable of upsets.

No team has repeated as SEC champion since the 1990s.

Historically, Auburn has not done very well as a front-runner. Personally, I'd rather see Auburn underrated going into the season. UGA, Bama and USCe will be really tough games, and there are a couple of teams on the schedule capable of upsets.

You can't automatically assume that Auburn can't win the SEC because historically we don't do well as a front runner. That doesn't make much sense.

You can't automatically assume that Auburn can't win the SEC because historically we don't do well as a front runner. That doesn't make much sense.

Who said the words "Auburn can't win"? I certainly did not.

Who said the words "Auburn can't win"? I certainly did not.

You're putting AU down because we historically haven't done well as the front runner. I'm no homer, I know that we could very well drop a game or two, but this upcoming team is something special.

Does this mean we are still underdogs?? I hope so, :cool:

It's long past time for Auburn fans to EXPECT great things. The staff we have right now we have the players prepared every week. I want Auburn to be ranked in the preseason top 5 (even though I detest preseason polls) and I expect Auburn to win every game. I just hate the idea that Auburn fans embrace and HOPE to be the underdog. Absolutely HATE IT.

Vegas has Auburn at 12-1 odds to win the whole thing. So I don't think they think that unhighly of Auburn. It's all about making money and the toothless throw a lot of theirs away.

Vegas has Auburn at 12-1 odds to win the whole thing. So I don't think they think that unhighly of Auburn. It's all about making money and the toothless throw a lot of theirs away.

Anyone who wants to shorten the odds from 12-1 should place some huge bets in favor of AU...gives you a chance to win some money at great odds and if enough people see things that way, the odds will eventually drop. ......but I've yet to see Vegas odds determine the outcome of a single ball game.

I wouldn't make a long-term bet in general. Lay 110 to pick up 200, 8 months from now? Sounds more like a loan to me.

It's called gambling, not investing.

That's fine. It's so much sweeter when we start making our move upward and show those people AGAIN just how wrong they were AGAIN.

Anyone who wants to shorten the odds from 12-1 should place some huge bets in favor of AU...gives you a chance to win some money at great odds and if enough people see things that way, the odds will eventually drop. ......but I've yet to see Vegas odds determine the outcome of a single ball game.

Also with Vegas odds - with over/under and game spreads though also in this case - the oddsmaker doesn't express his opinion of the outcome of the game or the spread, etc.. He is expressing a number that he believes will get the same amount of money each way. If that number doesn't do it then he will adjust the odds until it does.

It's more a prediction of what most people will think than predicting the outcome of a sporting event.

Archived