Georgia OC burned by ref

CameronCrazy

“@LukeStampini: WOW ref just told Mike Bobo his favorite moment of the CFB season was the UGA-Auburn gm when all the UGA coaches fell to the ground at end”

A little out of line for a ref to say that, no?

Probably so Tiger but if he is a SEC ref, he will never do a GA game. And if he did, he better have a lot of security around him !! :abmbu:

A little out of line for a ref to say that, no?

I don't know if it is or not, to be honest. I think the intent of the statement was to note that that sort of thing is really out of the ordinary, and the actual coaches falling like that was pretty entertaining to watch (outside of the play itself). In this case, the refs didn't have anything to do with the play.

The tweet doesn't give enough information to decide whether or not it was out of line. We don't know if it was in the midst of a conversation, if the two are friendly, if the ref was asked the question and responded...could be any number of things.

All that said - I'm going to go watch that clip a few times and :popcorn:

"@LukeStampini: WOW ref just told Mike Bobo his favorite moment of the CFB season was the UGA-Auburn gm when all the UGA coaches fell to the ground at end"

It was my second favorite moment. Kick 6 was my favorite. These wer e2 of the best moments I have had as a AU grad and fan.

It had to feel terrible to have struggled to come back from being down by 20 to being up by 1, with only a few seconds left, opponent in their own territory facing 4th and 18, game all but won...and see that play happen. Like having the ground drop out from under you I would think.

If this was indeed an SEC ref, who was doing that game, he was probably catching all kinds of heck from the UGA coaches the entire game. They earned the respect they got... none.

When you, in consecutive games, produce a top 100 moment followed by maybe the greatest moment in college sports- probably in all American sports... (Sportswriters opinions, not homer bias)

I loved watching that guy flop.

Archived