Supreme Court Slaps Obama

Proud Tiger

This was actually a really big deal. Obama has abused the hell out of this, but at least it takes this method of dictatorship away from any future president. However, now Congress can be a complete donkey's behind and probably will - just because that is our laughable political system now days.

This was actually a really big deal. Obama has abused the hell out of this, but at least it takes this method of dictatorship away from any future president. However, now Congress can be a complete donkey's behind and probably will - just because that is our laughable political system now days.

I did not mean to imply that it was not or, that I do not agree with the decision. My ridicule was directed at the OP's emphasis on Obama getting "slapped".

In fairness, it was a slap to W and Obama. Both of them abused the hell out of recess appointment privileges.

In fairness, it was a slap to W and Obama. Both of them abused the hell out of recess appointment privileges.

Yes, and a slap at Dick Cheney as well. He spent quite a bit of time "restoring power to the Presidency". Hopefully, we can soon elect someone who will "restore the legitimacy of the government".

Hopefully, we can soon elect someone who will "restore the legitimacy of the government".

Don't bet on it...

Hopefully, we can soon elect someone who will "restore the legitimacy of the government".

Don't bet on it...

Yeah - Ill take the under

BTW - ICHY, I was just making a general statement in reference to the OP - not directed at you or anything. Also, WTH has happened with you on here? I dont keep up with this side of the forum much anymore.

How many recess appointments did Dick Cheney make ? I forget.

9-0. Even Barry's 2 appointments to the Court slapped him upside the head.

Yes, and a slap at Dick Cheney as well. He spent quite a bit of time "restoring power to the Presidency". Hopefully, we can soon elect someone who will "restore the legitimacy of the government".

How many recess appointments did Dick Cheney make ? I forget.

9-0. Even Barry's 2 appointments to the Court slapped him upside the head.

Its not acceptable to be happy about a return to Constitutional governance no matter how token this judgement is in the grand scheme of things. We're supposed to have great reverence for the prophet of hope and change. After all, it is our duty to remember, "he's the one we've all been waiting for" :jossun:

Yay buddy! Barry done got slapped upside the head.

The most telling thing about this 9 - 0 decision is that it was liberal justice, Stephen Breyer, who wrote the opinion of the court and he took yaboy "oblammer", as you love to call him, to the woodshed in stating that these NLRB appointments are not only unconstitutional but that he had vastly overstepped his constitutional authority by trying to declare the Senate in recess. Clearly, thats up to the Senate and NOT the president to decide. This is one very small victory.

Make fun of this all you want but, this ruling is not a sterling endorsement of Obama's use of his pen and his phone. The only problem is, the SCOTUS cannot enforce their decisions and if we know anything at all, we know beyond a shadow of a doubt, barry and Eric will not do anything in that regard.

Interestingly enough, since Jan. 2012, this is Obama's 12th loss by a unanimous decision of Supreme Court.

http://www.nationalr...urt-joel-gehrke

The most telling thing about this 9 - 0 decision is that it was liberal justice, Stephen Breyer, who wrote the opinion of the court and he took yaboy "oblammer", as you love to call him, to the woodshed in stating that these NLRB appointments are not only unconstitutional but that he had vastly overstepped his constitutional authority by trying to declare the Senate in recess. Clearly, thats up to the Senate and NOT the president to decide. This is one very small victory.

Make fun of this all you want but, this ruling is not a sterling endorsement of Obama's use of his pen and his phone. The only problem is, the SCOTUS cannot enforce their decisions and if we know anything at all, we know beyond a shadow of a doubt, barry and Eric will not do anything in that regard.

Wow. Them libruls got one right?

Wow. Them libruls got one twelve right!

FIFY

The only reason the wings are celebrating this is because they know they'll never have a POTUS subject to it.

It cuts both ways. (And will.)

So, you also read minds? If I may ask, how do you "know" what the future holds and more importantly, how do you "know" what others "know" about the future? Thanks for making my point about political megalomania :jossun:

The only reason the wings are celebrating this is because they know they'll never have a POTUS subject to it.

So, you also read minds? If I may ask, how do you "know" what the future holds and more importantly, how do you "know" what others "know" about the future? Thanks for making my point about political megalomania :jossun:

fa·ce·tious fuh-see-shuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngs] adjective

1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.

2. amusing; humorous.

3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential,amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.

Doesn't really sound like a megalomaniac to me. :dunno:

lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential,amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.

aka - A Obama lovin' Leftist !!

So, you also read minds? If I may ask, how do you "know" what the future holds and more importantly, how do you "know" what others "know" about the future? Thanks for making my point about political megalomania :jossun:/>

fa·ce·tious fuh-see-shuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngs] adjective

1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.

2. amusing; humorous.

3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential,amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.

Doesn't really sound like a megalomaniac to me. :dunno:/>

He saw a big word and decided to throw it around. He has no idea what it means.

And I'm proven right, once again. Attempting humor while trying to divert attention away from the fact that their dear and fluffy leader Obama was smacked down, again, 9-0.

And I'm proven right, once again. Attempting humor while trying to divert attention away from the fact that their dear and fluffy leader Obama was smacked down, again, 9-0.

What if...gasp...we agree with the decision?

That the President doesn't get to decided when Congress is in session, and that Obama's appointing of 3 members of the NLRB was unconstitutional ?

You could simply say you agree w/ the decision, and leave it at that, couldn't ya ?

That the President doesn't get to decided when Congress is in session, and that Obama's appointing of 3 members of the NLRB was unconstitutional ?

You could simply say you agree w/ the decision, and leave it at that, couldn't ya ?

Can't I agree with the decision AND think the wingers' reaction here was predictably pathetic?

lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential,amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.

aka - A Obama lovin' Leftist !!

Leftist, maybe. Obama lovin', no way.

Just because someone needs to make a stand for rationality on this forum doesn't mean they "love" Obama.

Can't I agree with the decision AND think the wingers' reaction here was predictably pathetic?

No! You're either with 'em or against 'em! ;D

Bout dam time you caugt on Homey. You march lock step with the Bolsheviks or the Naztis. Now pick one and fall in line or well pick one for you. Aint no place here for independent thinkin. You either is or you aint. They aint no middle.

Archived