Some Love For Sammie Coates

http://msn.foxsports...reseason-070714

1. Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn Tigers

Last fall, the 6-foot-2, 210-pounder proved to be one of the best big-play threats in college football. Coates was third in the nation in yards per catch (21.5) and averaged a whopping 54 yards per TD grab. Overall, Coates caught 42 passes for 902 yards and seven touchdowns. Anyone who watched the Tigers’ game against Texas A&M last season witnessed some of Coates' brute strength when he rag-dolled an Aggie DB (h/t thewareaglereader.com):

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About a week or two ago I wrote about his athletic ability and somebody replied he was over rated.....

He deserves it. To put it in perspective, his 44 inch vertical is the same as Andrew Wiggins vertical .... And Wiggins was just drafted number one in the NBA Draft.

It is overrated to call Sammie overrated. BEAST MODE! I'm glad he decided to come to the camp at AU and was offered...he almost slipped through the cracks. Great young man, student, and athlete. Any recognition is well deserved. "He hurt my back and my feelings"--TamU Cornerback (not a real quote, but it should be).

Im on the al.com discussion. lemonadeinmycup

apparently this has something to do with the Alabama football team

Sammie will no doubt be a very good NFL receiver not too far down the road. He is already a very, very, good receiver and will give every DC we face this season fits no doubt.

3 45lb plates strapped to his waist and did 3 chinups? smh.....Sammie and Duke will be bullying these db's while I will be lmbo!

So you're saying I have a chance to go pro as a board poster! :) who wants to be my agent?

He is going to be a pro for sure. Reminds me a lot of a combination of the two receivers for the Falcons. He is going to be a good one and do the Auburn Family proud in the league.

3 45lb plates strapped to his waist and did 3 chinups? smh.....Sammie and Duke will be bullying these db's while I will be lmbo!

AND, in the only important weight lifting measure, he's benching 400+

I remember seeing Sammy just manhandle that T A&M defender on tv. I've never seen a WR fight like that for a first down. Sammie's size reminds me of David Boston, who played for the Arizona Cardinals back in the early 2000's. That guy was a monster. I am just salivating at the thought of Duke and Sammie lining up on the same field. I don't care who your secondary is they are going to give them headaches all day long.

AND, in the only important weight lifting measure, he's benching 400+

squats are pretty important as well. Great measure of explosiveness and total body strength.

Archived