Whatever happened to...?

TitanTiger

Fred Beasley?

Jeff Burger?

Brian Robinson?

Was watching a few old highlight clips on YouTube and was wondering if anyone knew what these guys were up to. Haven't seen them in any of the recent deals where former AU greats show up at games or practices.

Grew up in Dothan after Burger played. He worked at the local sporting goods store for a while. After that, don't know.

Fred Beasley?

Jeff Burger?

Brian Robinson?

Was watching a few old highlight clips on YouTube and was wondering if anyone knew what these guys were up to. Haven't seen them in any of the recent deals where former AU greats show up at games or practices.

Last I saw was a few years, or probably a lot more, ago and Beasely was with San Francisco, he played several years in the NFL in a fullback role.

Wasn't Beasley a Pro Bowl FB?

What happened to the big country fullback we had blocking for Ronnie and Caddy? #45...I think his last name was Johnson? Seemed he could've had NFL potential being a good blocker in an NFL system in a time where NFL teams were still employing 1-2 FBs on their roster.

Beasley is in Montgomery...was coaching football at a HS there ...Sidney Lanier I think...however he may be at another school now....seems to be doing fairly well

What happened to the big country fullback we had blocking for Ronnie and Caddy? #45...I think his last name was Johnson? Seemed he could've had NFL potential being a good blocker in an NFL system in a time where NFL teams were still employing 1-2 FBs on their roster.

Brandon Johnson.

Unfortunately, was bit by the injury bug. Didn't play past AU. Brandon holds his place at RBU. He was one of the best pure FB we've had.

Someone informed me Burger is in Pharmaceutical sales in Georgia.

Brian was arrested back in the late 90s for MJ distribution. Not sure where he is now.

Brandon Johnson.

Unfortunately, was bit by the injury bug. Didn't play past AU. Brandon holds his place at RBU. He was one of the best pure FB we've had.

From my memory:

Brandon Johnson signed a free agent contract with the Falcons and showed out during tryouts. Word was that he was going to get a spot on the team in the months after the draft. But he was a country kid from Bayou La Batre and did not enjoy the big city, the NFL process or being away from home. If I remember correctly, he was not cut, but he just walked away from the Falcons to go home and work at the family business. Word was that he was home sick and was ok with being done playing football.

One of the toughest kids ever to wear blue and orange. He took a beating every saturday and never complained. I remember seeing him more than once as the last player in the locker room, everyone else gone after the game and he is laying on the training table with ice packing both shoulders, both hips and both knees.

Brandon Johnson.

From my memory:

Brandon Johnson signed a free agent contract with the Falcons and showed out during tryouts. Word was that he was going to get a spot on the team in the months after the draft. But he was a country kid from Bayou La Batre and did not enjoy the big city, the NFL process or being away from home. If I remember correctly, he was not cut, but he just walked away from the Falcons to go home and work at the family business. Word was that he was home sick and was ok with being done playing football.

One of the toughest kids ever to wear blue and orange. He took a beating every saturday and never complained. I remember seeing him more than once as the last player in the locker room, everyone else gone after the game and he is laying on the training table with ice packing both shoulders, both hips and both knees.

Harvesting oysters is not for sissies.

Anyone else start singing the Full House theme song when seeing the thread title? No? Just me? I'll show my self out then...

Anyone else start singing the Full House theme song when seeing the thread title? No? Just me? I'll show my self out then...

I wasn't, but now I am. Thanks guy.

Archived