you just see kirk?

AUHansel

herbie just said on sportscenter that the reason that we don't have a chance in the split NC is because of how we played in the second half vs. Tennessee. how much crap is that? seriously...i thought that the rankings and the national championship is decided by how the season is played out, not one game, that we did win...vs a top 15 team.

he said that if we would have played better then we would have gained on USC after their lackluster performance against UCLA. He is an idiot. What a hypocrite. He has changed his mind so many times this year. I mean I knew Corso would, but I used to respect Kirk. Not anymore.

herbstreit and corso are sellouts. I would bet my next paycheck that they are being guided somehow in their words. Whether it's pressure from espn/abc execs or somebody from the bcs or wherever greasing their palm to get their help in smoothing out this possible discreditation of the bcs.

I saw them all on espn this morning and alberts was the only one who spoke with conviction. He seemed to really believe what he was saying.

Corso and herbstreit seemed very half hearted in what they were saying against Auburn, especially corso.

These guys know way too much about college footbal to say that au isn't as good as ou or usc. They said several times during the season that there is no way an undefeated sec team should be left out of the bcscg. YET, now they are singing a different tune and giving a totally bs reason for changing it.

They are both pretty good guys it seems like and I'll bet they regret turning their backs on us later. Trust me, they know we are as good as anyone.

look, none of those guys is out to get us. herby doesn't hate auburn; he's just being honest. whether we like it or not, we were held to a different standard. is it fair? nope. is it true? yep. kirk was just pointing out that the second half (really just the third quarter) was enough for voters to look and say "see, i knew it." and that's what happened. that's why we lost ground. then when we got matched up against vatech instead of utah or texas or cal, we lost the wow factor that comes with beating one of those teams (no offense to vatech, but they are the same as us. not a glam team).

corso has been in our corner all year. i'm not going to bash that guy. i think he was as disappointed in our defensive effort against ut as the fans, the coaches, or the players. he knew, just like kirk is saying, that we'd lost our shot, and i really believe he was disappointed with that. at the same time, he's not an auburn man. he's going to hype up a game with two of the three best teams in the nation b/c it's going to be a good game.

trev has kept a simple outlook. he says the sec is the best. if we're unbeaten in the best conference, we must be one of the two best teams. it's the same thing wilbon said on pti (and sportscenter) today. i think both guys are right, but more than that, i think the system sucks. we did as much this year as sc did last year (more actually, but that's beside the point), and we should get an automatic split just like they did last year. if you can't provide a playoff, split the title. give a piece to every deserving team. it's not final, and it's not as conclusive as you'd like, but at least it's fair.

Next time espn gameday comes to Auburn, everyone needs to snub them. It would be cool to see no Auburn fans behind the gameday set. Yes corso is a sellout! herbie has always been anti-SEC.

Next time espn gameday comes to Auburn, everyone needs to snub them.  It would be cool to see no Auburn fans behind the gameday set.  Yes corso is a sellout!  herbie has always been anti-SEC.

129925[/snapback]

I wish they would have let the guy with the "FACT OR FICTION: Herbstreit got paid more at Ohio State than he does now at ESPN" (or something similar). I heard they made him take the sign down when they were taping.

Basically, they were hyping up Auburn all year and were hoping that they would lose so that they could just go back on the USC-Okie bandwagon. That didn't happen so they have to go back on everything they said and make up some ridiculous justification.

Herbie is a Buckeye, and they're all jackasses. What else do you want? But seriously, none of this matters. If we beat VT, I maintain that we're the best team in America, and no matter what the opinions of the writers and coaches are, they can't prove me wrong. I can't prove I'm right either, but hey, that's why it should be decided on the field.

look, none of those guys is out to get us. herby doesn't hate auburn; he's just being honest. whether we like it or not, we were held to a different standard. is it fair? nope. is it true? yep. kirk was just pointing out that the second half (really just the third quarter) was enough for voters to look and say "see, i knew it." and that's what happened. that's why we lost ground. then when we got matched up against vatech instead of utah or texas or cal, we lost the wow factor that comes with beating one of those teams (no offense to vatech, but they are the same as us. not a glam team).

corso has been in our corner all year. i'm not going to bash that guy. i think he was as disappointed in our defensive effort against ut as the fans, the coaches, or the players. he knew, just like kirk is saying, that we'd lost our shot, and i really believe he was disappointed with that. at the same time, he's not an auburn man. he's going to hype up a game with two of the three best teams in the nation b/c it's going to be a good game.

trev has kept a simple outlook. he says the sec is the best. if we're unbeaten in the best conference, we must be one of the two best teams. it's the same thing wilbon said on pti (and sportscenter) today. i think both guys are right, but more than that, i think the system sucks. we did as much this year as sc did last year (more actually, but that's beside the point), and we should get an automatic split just like they did last year. if you can't provide a playoff, split the title. give a piece to every deserving team. it's not final, and it's not as conclusive as you'd like, but at least it's fair.

129918[/snapback]

bull. We had by far the toughest opponent on sat. and they know it! wtf about usc almost losing to a nobody ucla team. Hell it cost us points when we struggled with bama and tenny. Not a freaking whimper from any of them about usc other than acknowledging it was a tough rival game.

If you don't think heavy politics are involved, you're kidding yourself. You don't leave our corner because we struggled with a 9 win tenny team while ou handed the 99th ranked d in the country its butt on a platter. Hell, if tenny didn't play us at all this year they could very well be a top 5 team.

Archived