AU releases Depth Chart

McLoofus

I also enjoyed the impressively dumb reference to Daren Bates, implying he was just a "body". Bates started as a true freshman, transitioned down to LB, started in 2010, made 199 tackles in the next two seasons, and still plays in the NFL. Yeah, I'd take that guy as well. I'd take Carlos Rogers as well. Since we're just naming incredibly successful former Tigers.

Agreed I really enjoyed watching Bates play. Him and Eltoro Freeman were kids that i loved the way they played the game.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Auburn has 2 or 3 more corners that will play before Reed. If he is second on the depth chart imo Holsey, Mincy, and Jones should play every snap. With all the great recruiting classes of the past years, are all those corners getting beat by a former underachieving decoy? If I see Reed out there covering Ricky Seals-Jones I'm worried. I would gladly trade Reed for Jake Holland or Darren Bates or any other "body"

You're trolling, right? Because there's no way a sane person can actually think this way. Reed balled out in the spring game.

OMG this doesn't mean anything. KF played well against the offense he played in for several years too. I'm not saying Reed will be bad, just that no one will know until he plays against a foreign defense.

I also enjoyed the impressively dumb reference to Daren Bates, implying he was just a "body". Bates started as a true freshman, transitioned down to LB, started in 2010, made 199 tackles in the next two seasons, and still plays in the NFL. Yeah, I'd take that guy as well. I'd take Carlos Rogers as well. Since we're just naming incredibly successful former Tigers.

Agreed I really enjoyed watching Bates play. Him and Eltoro Freeman were kids that i loved the way they played the game.

ill always love bates for this:

If reed plays well at corner I'm sorry. Until then I stand by my opinion. If reed is the 4th best corner, Auburn is in big trouble. Reed is a decoy on offense and a practice squad at best on defense. If he is a nice guy that's great, but he never did anything worth such fierce defense when it comes to ON THE FIELD criticism.

So we can bring Bates back? I am game. I loved watching that guy play.

I am going to hold out before I say anything about Reed. He did look good in the all-star game at DB out of high school. Maybe he is finding a groove.

If reed plays well at corner I'm sorry. Until then I stand by my opinion. If reed is the 4th best corner, Auburn is in big trouble. Reed is a decoy on offense and a practice squad at best on defense. If he is a nice guy that's great, but he never did anything worth such fierce defense when it comes to ON THE FIELD criticism.

4:55 on third down in this video.

practice squad at best on defense

he never did anything worth such fierce defense when it comes to ON THE FIELD criticism.

So what has he done on defense to deserve your criticism? You're not really displaying a strong grasp here on how words and thinking work. :dunno:

Ben Grubbs was a waste as a defensive lineman. If that guy is our best offensive guard, our OL must be terrible.

See? It would've been stupid logic in 2004 and it's stupid logic now.

On the field the guy had three years and did nothing. 1 td in three years just isn't enough for me to defend you like you are my son or something. Just because I am an Auburn fan, and a Damn proud and loud one I might add, doesn't mean I have to kiss a low level player's butt. I'm not badmouthing Robensen Therezie here, Im criticizing a player who would get blasted by any talking head. If you are an athlete, score more than once or you aren't good enough to play in the SEC. The lack of production speaks for itself. you don't have to evaluate another position, Trovon Reed just isn't a good college player and I don't have to like him. He is actually a weakness on my team so I have a good reason to want him off the field. Not that I dislike the man or anything, just a business decision. Is that how words and thinking work? open your eyes

Trovon reed doesn't compare to grubbs. also it's not logic, it's an individual situation. Nick Marshall made a position move. He turned out alright. My point is, why cant an Auburn freshman cb play over someone who has beyond any shadow of a doubt proven he can't make a play on the ball. I want my Auburn cornerbacks to have more touchdowns than trovon reed has now. the college game is simply too much for reed, I won't blindly defend him. He scored his only touchdown against New Mexico St.

On the field the guy had three years and did nothing. 1 td in three years just isn't enough for me to defend you like you are my son or something. Just because I am an Auburn fan, and a Damn proud and loud one I might add, doesn't mean I have to kiss a low level player's butt. I'm not badmouthing Robensen Therezie here, Im criticizing a player who would get blasted by any talking head. If you are an athlete, score more than once or you aren't good enough to play in the SEC. The lack of production speaks for itself. you don't have to evaluate another position, Trovon Reed just isn't a good college player and I don't have to like him. He is actually a weakness on my team so I have a good reason to want him off the field. Not that I dislike the man or anything, just a business decision. Is that how words and thinking work? open your eyes

Well... I could use my lawnmower to hit golf balls, but is that how lawnmowers or golf work?

Btw, Gabe Wright has zero receptions to my knowledge. Thought I'd bring that up so that we're at least having the same conversation.

Are my thoughts and words working? I have to know bc the rest of the country agrees with me and only a biased Auburn fan would argue. If you're biased admit it and come with a fact or a strong opinion and please no name calling, a hole(s)

Are my thoughts and words working? I have to know bc the rest of the country agrees with me and only a biased Auburn fan would argue. If you're biased admit it and come with a fact or a strong opinion and please no name calling, a hole(s)

Welp.

SO... you guys think Kennion will get redshirted?

Dude shut up. First of all if you're talking corner then you bringing up wr is stupid. Second if they went through practices and he is where he is on the depth chart then he earned it. If he's 2nd team he outperformed quite a few people. You stated your opinion of him and that's cool but you keep coming back saying the same stuff over and over to dog him. And really until he plays and gives up two td's or something like that you have no ground to stand on

you two guys mcgufcm and mcloofus are really something. I like that you are Auburn fans but we would never get along in real life.

There is a little something to be said about general athleticism and ball skills that three years at wr could give you a clue about how he would play at db.

that's an acceptable comparison. Or are my words and thoughts not working again?

you two guys mcgufcm and mcloofus are really something. I like that you are Auburn fans but we would never get along in real life.

I'm sure that will be their greatest regret on their death bed at the end of their lives on this earth.

So, how bout Cody Parkey making a strong push to be the Eagles kicker? I worry more about our kicking game at the current moment (i.e. Damon Duval holding both K & P spots and struggling) than Reed playing corner.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by lemonade_drinker. View it anyway?

Nah.

Question about the WRs: have we normally had a full 2-deep at WR with no names repeated? 4 spots, 8 different guys (5 and 10 if you count H-Back, but we probably shouldn't). I might be wrong, but it seems like we always have a CJ Uzomah listed 1st at one spot and 2nd at another, etc. I look at this and I just don't see many (read: any) weak spots:

Wide Receiver

18 Sammie Coates, 6-2, 201, Jr.

8 Tony Stevens, 6-4, 198, So.

Wide Receiver

1 D'haquille Williams, 6-2, 216, Jr.

82 Melvin Ray, 6-3, 207, Jr.

Wide Receiver

5 Ricardo Louis, 6-2, 212, Jr. OR 4 Quan Bray, 5-10, 195, Sr.

Wide Receiver

80 Marcus Davis, 5-9, 180, So.

10 Stanton Truitt, 5-9, 175, Fr.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by lemonade_drinker. View it anyway?

Nah.

Question about the WRs: have we normally had a full 2-deep at WR with no names repeated? 4 spots, 8 different guys (5 and 10 if you count H-Back, but we probably shouldn't). I might be wrong, but it seems like we always have a CJ Uzomah listed 1st at one spot and 2nd at another, etc. I look at this and I just don't see many (read: any) weak spots:

Wide Receiver

18 Sammie Coates, 6-2, 201, Jr.

8 Tony Stevens, 6-4, 198, So.

Wide Receiver

1 D'haquille Williams, 6-2, 216, Jr.

82 Melvin Ray, 6-3, 207, Jr.

Wide Receiver

5 Ricardo Louis, 6-2, 212, Jr. OR 4 Quan Bray, 5-10, 195, Sr.

Wide Receiver

80 Marcus Davis, 5-9, 180, So.

10 Stanton Truitt, 5-9, 175, Fr.

Isn't it beautiful... :hearts:

I for one hope Travon has a great year at CB. If CEJ says he is the second best at that position and Smith/Harbisonhave no problem then who the hell am I to second guess the coaches that have been privy to all workouts and practices. If he is no good than the entire team suffers and I don't want to see that on any day. Yes, we all know he under-performed at WR for 3 years but he hasn't gotten into any trouble, has done what the coaches have asked to the best of his abilities from what I can tell, that makes him an AUBURN MAN. To speak negatively of any AUBURN MEN (Bates, JAKE, etc....) makes us sound like bammers from turd town. We celebrate all of them for what they do, I'm sure some haven't played as well as we would like (trust me, they wish they could play better too) but we should never talk bad about our team, our AUBURN MEN.

On a seperate note, I was thinking before the depth chart for Arky was released that we would see a large front along the DL becasue Bert likes to run power and their OL is huge. I wouldn't be surprised if Rhino is back inside for some games but I'm hoping he, Daniels and Owens make the Arky QB pay for stepping on Pat Day Field! WAR EAGLE and kick some piglet A**!

Reed is the biggest Corner out of the 4 listed on the depth chart. He's listed at 6', taller than the other 3. So he has a little extra length that can benefit him at Corner. I'm having a wait and see approach on him but I'm quietly optimistic.

Archived