Open Thread Regarding ISIS

autigeremt

It's not bigotry, Ben. Islam is today's communism because of terrorists and their desire for domination over others and blood spilled by the infidel. We expects adults to "grow up" in America but we seem to give others a pass. Why is that? Shouldn't we expect these people to move on and stop killing innocence and embrace life?

Should we start by kicking all Muslims out of Auburn University? How about closing their mosques?

Should we deport them? Even if they are citizens?

WTF are you talking about? I'm talking about the middle east and ISIS......

I am talking about your sentence above. You said Islam, not ISIS.

And that followed your comment to Ben, thus making it clear you were talking about Islam in general. (Surely you didn't think Ben was referring to bigotry toward ISIS did you?)

Yeah none of that was done in the name of Islam was it?

Which proves all Muslims are terrorists? Is that your deduction?

The only one who keeps bringing up ALL Muslims is you.

Well everyone except War Tim uses more indirect language, like referring to Islam instead of Islamists (for example), or in the case of EMT above, which he may or may not have really meant.

(You didn't answer the question. Why is that?)

Because your last statement didn't deserve it. I meant what I said....Islam (in comparison) is today's communism (not all Russians were bad people but they were represented by an oppressive regime). If you need a better explanation than this go find it somewhere else. I'm not interested in your pathetic attempt to pigeon hole me as a bigot or racist.

My last post to you said:

And that followed your comment to Ben, thus making it clear you were talking about Islam in general. (Surely you didn't think Ben was referring to bigotry toward ISIS did you?)

That was in response to you asking me wtf I was talking about. So I explained my conclusion and asked for clarification.

So why not just clarify? :dunno:. I even gave you credit for maybe not meaning what I inferred, because I was waiting for your clarification.

I don't understand why you are now so offended nor do I understand why you and Tigermike find it so offensive or difficult to simply say "no, I didn't mean all Muslims". Or no, "I don't think all Muslims are terrorists". For chrissakes, we just had a thread deleted at least partly because people were saying that outright! Now you act like you want to protect the ambiguity and simply imply it without owning up to it.

You can easily use language that doesn't infer you mean all of them. It's not hard. In most cases, just substitute "Islamists" for "Islam". Stop equating ISIS or terrorists or Islamists with "Islam" or "Muslims" in general.

I am starting to sense maybe you and Tigermike really do think all Muslims are terrorists/potential terrorists/supporters of terrorism by definition, but you just don't want to admit it.

Is that the case?

If so, assuming both you and TM are Christians, I suppose I can conclude this sort of religious bigotry is Christian. Christianity requires Christians to hate Muslims. Right?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not bigotry, Ben. Islam is today's communism because of terrorists and their desire for domination over others and blood spilled by the infidel. We expects adults to "grow up" in America but we seem to give others a pass. Why is that? Shouldn't we expect these people to move on and stop killing innocence and embrace life?

There are 1.2 billion (with a b!) Muslims in the world today. Do you believe all of them have a desire for domination or spilling the blood of the infidel?

If they are truly Muslim and agree with the Quran.........the answer is yes.

Well at least PT is being honest and up front. Completely idiotic, but not trying to hide it.

Should we start by kicking all Muslims out of Auburn University? How about closing their mosques?

Well everyone except War Tim uses more indirect language, like referring to Islam instead of Islamists (for example), or in the case of EMT above, which he may or may not have really meant.

Because your last statement didn't deserve it. I meant what I said....Islam (in comparison) is today's communism (not all Russians were bad people but they were represented by an oppressive regime). If you need a better explanation than this go find it somewhere else. I'm not interested in your pathetic attempt to pigeon hole me as a bigot or racist.

That was in response to you asking me wtf I was talking about. So I explained my conclusion and asked for clarification.

So why not just clarify? :dunno:/>. I even gave you credit for maybe not meaning what I inferred, because I was waiting for your clarification.

I don't understand why you are now so offended nor do I understand why you and Tigermike find it so offensive or difficult to simply say "no, I didn't mean all Muslims". Or no, "I don't think all Muslims are terrorists". For chrissakes, we just had a thread deleted at least partly because people were saying that outright! Now you act like you want to protect the ambiguity and simply imply it without owning up to it.

You can easily use language that doesn't infer you mean all of them. It's not hard. In most cases, just substitute "Islamists" for "Islam". Stop equating ISIS or terrorists or Islamists with "Islam" or "Muslims" in general.

I am starting to sense maybe you and Tigermike really do think all Muslims are terrorists/potential terrorists/supporters of terrorism by definition, but you just don't want to admit it.

Is that the case?

If so, assuming both you and TM are Christians, I suppose I can conclude this sort of religious bigotry is Christian. Christianity requires Christians to hate Muslims. Right?

#1. What difference does is make if you think or believe what we believe? You're going to judge us anyway.

#2. I think 25-30% of Muslims worldwide believe in the caliphate....no matter the costs. The rest of them are all over the place like any other large, widespread religion. 25-30% of 1.5 billion is a lot of people. Once you give that many people hope in advancing their agenda it can grow due to pressures and a sense of allegiance by the rest.

#1. What difference does is make if you think or believe what we believe? You're going to judge us anyway.

All we have to go on is what you type. Choose your words carefully. You never know what they may imply.

#2. I think 25-30% of Muslims worldwide believe in the caliphate....no matter the costs. The rest of them are all over the place like any other large, widespread religion. 25-30% of 1.5 billion is a lot of people. Once you give that many people hope in advancing their agenda it can grow due to pressures and a sense of allegiance by the rest.

25-30%?

Google "PIDOOMA"

EDIT: iOS 8 is giving me fits on the iPad3

So why not just clarify? :dunno:/>. I even gave you credit for maybe not meaning what I inferred, because I was waiting for your clarification.

Is that the case?

1. I just wanted to verify you meant what it sounded like you meant. Why not confirm or correct my impression, isn't this a political forum?

2. Interesting estimate. Do you have any research to justify those numbers? And how are they distributed globally? Do you think 25-30% of U.S. Muslims support a caliphate?

But even so, that would mean 70-75% don't believe in having caliphate, so why lump all Muslims together with your terminology?

Wow, 12 pages of splitting hairs about Christian bigotry when Islamic extremists are randomly beheading innocent hostages at their discretion. It seems that some in here expect Christians to be forgiving and to make excuses for these criminals and are subject to stern cross examination and criticism if they do not.

Funny thing about Islam, it is very easy to pervert because Mohammed, himself, ran a crime syndicate. I mean think about it, in what other religion can you totally subjugate women, mutilate their genitalia, ruthlessly kill infidels including innocent women and children simply because they practice a different religion and end up in heaven with 70 virgins for your efforts if they lose their life in that fight? Research "jihad"...Certainly, all Muslims are clearly not terrorists but, it is difficult to deny that the overwhelming majority of terrorists ARE Muslim, albeit, radical extremists to the point of insanity.

Wow, 12 pages of splitting hairs about Christian bigotry when Islamic extremists are randomly beheading innocent hostages at their discretion. It seems that some in here expect Christians to be forgiving and to make excuses for these criminals and are subject to stern cross examination and criticism if they do not.

Funny thing about Islam, it is very easy to pervert because Mohammed, himself, ran a crime syndicate. I mean think about it, in what other religion can you totally subjugate women, mutilate their genitalia, ruthlessly kill infidels including innocent women and children simply because they practice a different religion and end up in heaven with 70 virgins for your efforts if they lose their life in that fight? Research "jihad"...Certainly, all Muslims are clearly not terrorists but, it is difficult to deny that the overwhelming majority of terrorists ARE Muslim, albeit, radical extremists to the point of insanity.

I love how people wax poetically about something they have no idea about or have not spent any quality time in the Middle East...

The last poll I can find that attempts to quantify the Radical Muslim minority is a 2011 Pew Research poll...it covers US and foreign Muslims. The poll found that 21% of Muslim Americans say there is a great deal (6%) or a fair amount (15%) of support for extremism in the Muslim American community. Also, the survey found 5% direct support for al Qaeda; and 8% for suicide bombing as a legitimate means to defend "Islam". This number in Muslim majority countries run as high as 28% in Egypt and 67% in the Palestinian territories.

I doubt many Muslims in America would admit to giving support, real or sympathetic, to anything smacking of extremism. Why should they? The better question is how many of them believe Caucasians and Christians are infidels and would like see them all dead. Who is going to do that poll?

None are so blind as those who will not see.

Well what I see is an ignorant dumb ass defining what a true Muslim is.

Reminds me of arguments about what a true Christian is, except we even less of a clue of what we are talking about.

You are a fascinating person. It's like you lack certain neural circuits devoted to recognizing the real point.

Sort of a high level cognitive autism.

The last poll I can find that attempts to quantify the Radical Muslim minority is a 2011 Pew Research poll...it covers US and foreign Muslims. The poll found that 21% of Muslim Americans say there is a great deal (6%) or a fair amount (15%) of support for extremism in the Muslim American community. Also, the survey found 5% direct support for al Qaeda; and 8% for suicide bombing as a legitimate means to defend "Islam". This number in Muslim majority countries run as high as 28% in Egypt and 67% in the Palestinian territories.

No one has suggested they don't have a major problem with religious extremism.

Wow. I am reading Libs asking for not parsing words...whatever is IS....way too funny...yet typical.

I have NEVER deleted a thread...ever. Seems Libs habitualy have trouble with the truth. So very typical. Got any more? :-)

I doubt many Muslims in America would admit to giving support, real or sympathetic, to anything smacking of extremism. Why should they? The better question is how many of them believe Caucasians and Christians are infidels and would like see them all dead. Who is going to do that poll?

I think the original poll is bad enough....let's say that of the 1.5b global muslims, the US numbers apply (since that would be the conservative number)...that would mean 75m support al Qaeda; and 120m who think suicide bombing is appropriate to defend Islam globally. If you take the US numbers for those that support extremism; which are much lower than the global Muslim numbers; you get 300m people in favor of Islamic extremism. Big numbers and it should scare the hell out of anyone with a brain.

I have NEVER deleted a thread...ever. Seems Libs habitualy have trouble with the truth. So very typical. Got any more? :-)

LOL! I didn't say that. :rolleyes:

You obviously have trouble with your reading comprehension. Try again. More carefully this time.

I think the original poll is bad enough....let's say that of the 1.5b global muslims, the US numbers apply (since that would be the conservative number)...that would mean 75m support al Qaeda; and 120m who think suicide bombing is appropriate to defend Islam globally. If you take the US numbers for those that support extremism; which are much lower than the global Muslim numbers; you get 300m people in favor of Islamic extremism. Big numbers and it should scare the hell out of anyone with a brain.

After 9/11 the Muslims in Greenville SC had an open house at their Mosque and hundreds of people visited them to show support. (This was after someone had spray-painted hate speech on an adjacent building which they thought was part of the Mosque. Ironically enough, it actually belonged to a Baptist Church next door.)

Likewise, people showed a lot of concern and support for the Palestinians who own and operate a local Mediterranean restaurant. (The irony here is that they are actually Palestinian Christians, which most people didn't realize.)

Bottom line, hate - or fear - directed toward any given community is an evil thing.

LOL! I didn't say that. :rolleyes:/>

You obviously have trouble with your reading comprehension. Try again. More carefully this time.

what was the name of that Jim Carey movie? Oh yeah, LIAR- LIAR...hehehehe

After 9/11 the Muslims in Greenville SC had an open house at their Mosque and hundreds of people visited them to show support. (This was after someone had spray-painted hate speech on an adjacent building which they thought was part of the Mosque. Ironically enough, it actually belonged to a Baptist Church next door.)

Likewise, people showed a lot of concern and support for the Palestinians who own and operate a local Mediterranean restaurant. (The irony here is that they are actually Palestinian Christians, which most people didn't realize.)

Bottom line, hate - or fear - directed toward any given community is an evil thing.

Such sweet stories...that have no meaning that relates to the topic. Just lib warm fuzzies. Sad....

LOL! I didn't say that. :rolleyes:

what was the name of that Jim Carey movie? Oh yeah, LIAR- LIAR...hehehehe

:rolleyes:

I subscribed to that thread and can reconstruct it in its entirety from my e-mail. Who is lying again? LOL

Archived