beheadings brought to you by the religion of peace

cooltigger21

Take responsibility for your posts.

I take 100% responsibility for them.

Or is that another "___________ is Settled" comment?

Or are we about to have another Skeptical Science argument where anyone that questions what you believe, well they are nutz?

The FACT is that no Christian in the world is running around beheading anyone, yet we got 5 pages of BS Moral Equivalence.

You have to remember that in the mind of the liberals around here, WE are the bad guys. WE created these monsters. WE are destroying the world. If WE weren't so busy bullying everybody then we could all live in harmony and we would have that utopia they keep dreaming of. It's white christian american males that are the scourge of the planet.

Yes, this explains why every thread on this board attacks conservatives. It explains why at least once a week, some dummy starts a "all conservatives are brain dead or mentally ill" thread. Do your hear yourself? You sound as though you are paranoid or have a persecution complex. Think. Think. Think, just a little, please.

What would all of us stupid conservatives do were ichy not here to lecture us daily? :dunno:

Broadcast your mindless BS without challenge. ;);D

The challenges do nothing to deter you spewing your mindless drivel on a daily basis. If you bitter bitches didn't have conservatives to blame and criticize WTF would you do other than congratulate each other on your imagined intellectual superiority?

Smoke pot, listen to Floyd, and have sex with some of the newly liberated females to start with.

Remember I'm a moderate though, so I have no core ethics or morals.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that would truly be sad. ....If you were OWNED on a daily basis by a teen..... :bananadance:/>

:rolleyes:

If you want to hold yourself to a chidish standard, more power to you.

And your definition of "owned" is very different from mine.

And my point was two fold:

1) This thread was about BEHEADINGS, not all the other worthless shouting...I have yet to see one iota of evidence that any other religion is beheading anyone.

And this is exactly what Maher was in-your-face calling our Liberals in America about.

2) The Stereotyping is on BOTH SIDES, although i still convinced that it swings very much heavier toward the Liberal side in the US, if not necessarily on this site.

I can show you some pictures of victims of Los Zetas. They certainly love beheading.

El blog del Narco. I wouldn't Google it if you're the slightest bit squeamish.

I can show you some pictures of victims of Los Zetas. They certainly love beheading.

El blog Del Narco. I wouldn't Google it if you're the slightest bit squeamish.

Great advice.

1) This thread was about BEHEADINGS, not all the other worthless shouting...I have yet to see one iota of evidence that any other religion is beheading anyone.

And this is exactly what Maher was in-your-face calling our Liberals in America about.

2) The Stereotyping is on BOTH SIDES, although i still convinced that it swings very much heavier toward the Liberal side in the US, if not necessarily on this site.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/21/bill-maher-fear-isis-monsanto_n_5857344.html

DKW, hate to tell you this. But all the stereotypes you mentioned about the south, the Conservatives believe the exact same things as the Liberals in Chicago. Then if you really want to talk about racism, go to the Western Sub's of Chicago where there is a large number of Conservatives. The gym I went to, they would drop the N' word with zero fear right there in the open. Cause they didn't have to worry about it because you could go..... my record....2 weeks in that suburb and not see a African-American. Then you add on that the conservatives in that area also believed they were subsidizing the Southern States with their tax dollars and didn't like that.

The point of all of this is that this isn't a Christian jihad or a Buddhist jihad. It isn't Tibetan monks doing this it isn't Hindu people. It isn't catholics or Jews. These people are Islamic and a good number, not all, of their fellow Muslims are aiding them with money or other support or silence. The moral equivalency is absurd

The point of all of this is that this isn't a Christian jihad or a Buddhist jihad. It isn't Tibetan monks doing this it isn't Hindu people. It isn't catholics or Jews. These people are Islamic and a good number, not all, of their fellow Muslims are aiding them with money or other support or silence. The moral equivalency is absurd

No, that's not the point at all. Everyone understands the Islamic connection with ISIS. The point is that doesn't represent Islam. All religions can be and have been used to perpetuate violence. It's quite obvious that Islam currently has the most offenders at this point in time.

But to imply that a "goodly number" (what percent?) of radicals necessarily represent the entire religion is simply false. That is what many people on this forum are trying to do. It's exactly the same as insisting that the Westboro Baptist Church is representative of all Christianity. The difference in scale doesn't change the logic.

Ironically though, that is exactly what the radicals - in either case - would have you believe. You are playing right into their hands.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/09/12/bill-maher-absolutely-crushes-charlie-rose-comparing-islam-christianity

BILL MAHER: I saw Howard Dean on TV the other day and he said something along the order, he said the people in ISIS -- he said I'm about as Islamic as they are, you know, distancing the vast numbers of Islamic people around the world from them. That's just not true.

CHARLIE ROSE: It is true.

MAHER: It is not true, Charlie. There is a connecting tissue between --

ROSE: Behind every Muslim is a future member of some radical?

MAHER: Let me finish.

ROSE: I was doing that.

MAHER: There are illiberal beliefs that are held by vast numbers of Muslim people that --

ROSE: A vast number of Christians too.

MAHER: No, that's not true. Not true. Vast numbers of Christians do not believe that if you leave the Christian religion you should be killed for it. Vast numbers of Christians do not treat women as second class citizens. Vast numbers of Christians --

ROSE: I agree with that --

MAHER: -- do not believe if you draw a picture of Jesus Christ you should get killed for it. So yes, does ISIS do Khmer Rouge-like activities where they just kill people indiscriminately who aren't just like them? Yes. And would most Muslim people in the world do that or condone that? No.

ROSE: No.

MAHER: But most Muslim people in the world do condone violence just for what you think.

ROSE: How do you know that?

MAHER: They do. First of all they say it. They shout it.

ROSE: Vast majorities of Muslims say that?

MAHER: Absolutely. There was a Pew poll in Egypt done a few years ago -- 82% said, I think, stoning is the appropriate punishment for adultery. Over 80% thought death was the appropriate punishment for leaving the Muslim religion. I'm sure you know these things.

ROSE: Well I do. But I don't believe --

MAHER: So to claim that this religion is like other religions is just naive and plain wrong. It is not like other religious. The New York Times pointed out in an op-ed a couple weeks ago that in Saudi Arabia just since August 4th, they think it was, they have beheaded 19 people. Most for non-violent crimes including homosexuality.

ROSE: I know that they cut the hands off the thief.

MAHER: Right, okay, so we're upset that ISIS is beheading people which we should be upset about but Saudi Arabia does it and they're our good friends because they have oil. Okay. But they do it too. This is the center of the religion. I'm not saying -

ROSE: But they're now fighting against ISIS too. They're joining us in the fight. As is the Emirates. As is Jordan. They are all Muslim countries.

MAHER: Well, they are both fighting ISIS and they are for ISIS.

ROSE: Well, it's not the government. I mean, some of them --

MAHER: Certainly the governments.

ROSE: It's a bit like today about Qatar. The big story today in The New York Times about Qatar. And some guy there is supporting, who is a Muslim --

MAHER: But I mean in Mecca where infidels, non-Muslims, are not even allowed in the holy parts of the city. I mean, right there, we don't have that example in other religions. They do behead people. Now if they were beheading people in Vatican City, which is the equivalent of Mecca, don't you think there would be a bigger outcry about it? So this is the soft bigotry of low expectations with Muslim people. When they do crazy things and believe crazy things, somehow it's not talked about nearly as much.

ROSE: Would you come to the table and debate this with a moderate Muslim?

MAHER: Find one, yes. Find one.

ROSE: I promise you I'll find one.

MAHER: Find a Muslim --

ROSE: I do believe that what we see with ISIS is not representative of --

MAHER: As I said, connecting tissue.

ROSE: -- not representative of the Islamic religion. I don't think the Koran teaches them to do these kinds of things.

MAHER: Well you're wrong about that. The Koran absolutely has on every page stuff that's horrible about how the infidels should be treated. But for example again ISIS says that they should perform genital mutilation on all women 11-46. Would most Muslims agree with that? No. Or carry it out? No.

But as Ayaan Hirsi Ali points out, she says --

ROSE: I wouldn't expect for her to --

MAHER: And she would know better than --

ROSE: Exactly.

MAHER: But can we really say --

ROSE: She's been a victim.

MAHER: -- women are treated equally in the Muslim world? I mean, their testimony in court is very often counted as half. They need permission to leave the house in some places.

ROSE: But a lot of moderate Muslims would say in fact one of the things that we need to modernize is the idea of the way we treat women.

MAHER: But in this country, if you just use the wrong word about women, they go nuts. And all these other countries --

ROSE: As they should.

MAHER: -- they're doing things like making them wear burqas and I hear liberals say things like, 'they want to.' They want to. They've been brainwashed. It's like saying a street walker wants to do that.

Looks like conservatives are just like liberals: Support the troops but hate the mission.

No, the issue is we don't know what the mission is...

What does it matter? Based on the views of the Islamaphobes here, unless the mission is to kill all muslims en masse, then the mission is a failure...

Don't remember reading that recommendation from anyone. What I have seen are two key points:

-- Some make the assertion that ISIS is not Islamic (our President the lead cheerleader)...when the facts presented demonstrate that what ISIS'L is trying to put in practice is fundamental Islam as practiced and codified for 1300 years... No one likes to be lied to...FDR never said "the German's are not Nazi's" .... Reagan never said "the Russians are not Soviet's"....Reagan called evil what it was and said "tear down this wall".

-- Second, there are conservatively 300m muslims world wide that think Jihad, suicide bombing, etc., a legitimate response to whatever grievances they feel the world has perpetrated against them...not exactly a small, closet group of radicals. I went thru math on this in another post...it's based on the Pew muslim research study...someone else quoted the research in this thread as well. As long as they leave us alone; I could care less what they do...but, when they act directly against us and try to undermine our interests; we should deal with them.

Now given this backdrop....I'm trying to understand what exactly the President is doing as the story has changed weekly for several months. He takes baby steps in Iraq to defend an ally; (we're not at war) and after trying to minimize what was happening for months (ok, maybe we are at war), now the Secretary of State (who first said we weren't at war before saying we are at war) now says Bahgdad could have fallen? How do you go from no threat, we're not at war to...we are at war and Bahgdad could have fallen with no explanation to the American people on how you got it wrong and why the current course of action is the right one?

On top of that, and suddenly after three years of timidity; with no explanation, he's unleashing hell in parts of Syria....while of course telling the evil Assad and the Iranian's that he was going to do it. I mean, Assad is so evil, I can understand why we would want to let him know our plans...well, at least he's told someone what we are doing...all I've heard from the President is what we aren't going to do...I guess Assad and the Ayatollah should feel special.

And viola', we now have a new enemy that is really the reason he attacked Syria...not ISIS...but hey, he just threw in attacks in on ISIS for kicks I guess. This new group is really the threat to the US...He still hasn't said ISIS is a threat to us...I mean, they're the JV, right?

I keep looking for an excuse to support this...but I can't support a habitual liar who doesn't respect the American people enough to tell them the truth. He's said so many things; I don't know what to believe...I don't know what the strategy is...I don't know what success would look like and I don't know where he thinks this thing ends or if it ever ends. He'd be a lot better off to stop looking at polls and just level with us. At the point he does that; he'll get a fair shake with me.

Don't remember reading that recommendation from anyone. What I have seen are two key points:

-- Some make the assertion that ISIS is not Islamic (our President the lead cheerleader)...when the facts presented demonstrate that what ISIS'L is trying to put in practice is fundamental Islam as practiced and codified for 1300 years... No one likes to be lied to...FDR never said "the German's are not Nazi's" .... Reagan never said "the Russians are not Soviet's"....Reagan called evil what it was and said "tear down this wall".

Could it be at least possibly true that He meant that ISIS weren't representative of true Islam, just like one of you might say Westboro Baptist church is not Christian meaning they didn't represent true Christianity.

Can you see where that could be a possible interpretation?

-- Second, there are conservatively 300m muslims world wide that think Jihad, suicide bombing, etc., a legitimate response to whatever grievances they feel the world has perpetrated against them...not exactly a small, closet group of radicals. I went thru math on this in another post...it's based on the Pew muslim research study...someone else quoted the research in this thread as well. As long as they leave us alone; I could care less what they do...but, when they act directly against us and try to undermine our interests; we should deal with them.

So 300,000 out of 1,600,000,000 is a little less than 2% right?

He takes baby steps in Iraq to defend an ally; (we're not at war) and after trying to minimize what was happening for months (ok, maybe we are at war), now the Secretary of State (who first said we weren't at war before saying we are at war) now says Bahgdad could have fallen? How do you go from no threat, we're not at war to...we are at war and Bahgdad could have fallen with no explanation to the American people on how you got it wrong and why the current course of action is the right one?

Iraq didn't have a government at the time and it was problematic that they would even form one that would be inclusive.

Considering our history there and considering what the rest of the world would assume if we charged back in at that time (U.S. puppet government), baby steps were appropriate.

I thought this had already been discussed.

Could it be at least possibly true that He meant that ISIS weren't representative of true Islam, just like one of you might say Westboro Baptist church is not Christian meaning they didn't represent true Christianity.

Can you see where that could be a possible interpretation?

No one at Westboro is beheading anyone. Stop with the lame attempts at moral equivalence.

Archived