Barack Ebola

AUisAll

I personally am more concerned about this d68 virus and other diseases like tuberculosis that have been brought it into this country by all these illegals. Once Barry does his amnesty after the election that will start another wave

Dallas schools are not even releasing the grades of the children that were pulled. That's really starting to hack the parents, especially my brother in law.

I personally am more concerned about this d68 virus and other diseases like tuberculosis that have been brought it into this country by all these illegals. Once Barry does his amnesty after the election that will start another wave

D68 was already here. Anyone with a modicum of understanding of epidemiology understands why that's a silly assertion.

D68 was already here. Anyone with a modicum of understanding of epidemiology understands why that's a silly assertion.

well it is far more widespread now. TB was here too. My overall point was that these illegals are kicking it into a higher gear. Of course to the open borders crowd like you it is no big deal. There will be another wave of illegals come once amnesty is done, maybe not quite the huge flood like last time. Can't hack the American people off like that again.

well it is far more widespread now. TB was here too. My overall point was that these illegals are kicking it into Hugh gear.

I'm aware of how widespread it is. Our PICU is loaded with patients infected with it. There is absolutely no evidence linking the recent outbreak to illegal immigration.

Of course to the open border crowd like you no big deal.

Nice strawman.

well it is far more widespread now. TB was here too. My overall point was that these illegals are kicking it into Hugh gear.

I'm aware of how widespread it is. Our PICU is loaded with patients infected with it. There is absolutely no evidence linking the recent outbreak to illegal immigration.

Nice strawman.

And with all your assurances, hospital error is the 3rd leading cause of death in America. I don't think I put much stock in anything the CDC or the medical community has to say about disease, where it came from or how to contain it.

And with all your assurances, hospital error is the 3rd leading cause of death in America.

Which really has nothing to do with anything we're discussing here.

I don't think I put much stock in anything the CDC or the medical community has to say about disease, where it came from or how to contain it.

Good for you. Take your meds.

Or don't. Alt-med and wishful thinking is just as effective. :rolleyes:

D68 was first recorded in Cali in 1962 and since in isolated pockets. Yet with the influx of illegal alien children that were dispersed throughout the country during the spring and summer, D68 has infected unprecedented numbers of children, country wide, as school returned to session. CDC has been pretty silent on the origin of the virus...wonder why. Our pediatrician said,2 weeks ago, that he suspected several patients that he had seen most likely were suffering from D68. But because the symptoms were mild that they did not test for D68. Many more cases other there.

From July:

http://www.abc15.com/news/national/immigrants-bringing-diseases-across-border

And with all your assurances, hospital error is the 3rd leading cause of death in America.

Which really has nothing to do with anything we're discussing here.

I don't think I put much stock in anything the CDC or the medical community has to say about disease, where it came from or how to contain it.

Good for you. Take your meds.

Or don't. Alt-med and wishful thinking is just as effective. :rolleyes:

It has everything to do with what is being discussed. The ebola issue is being vastly underestimated as is everything else by this administration. Just so you know, I dont take ANY medication..NONE and I dont need to nor does a large percentage of people taking prescription drugs religiously. I refuse to be a pawn in big pharma's racket and focus on being well not taking pills to get well. The problem you have is you believe that the only way to be healthy is to take medications. I cant fault you for that, that's the allopathic way..take a pill to remediate the symptom and if that don't work surgically remove it.

It has everything to do with what is being discussed. The ebola issue is being vastly underestimated as is everything else by this administration.

Hospitals at large are not "this administration."

Just so you know, I dont take ANY medication..NONE and I dont need to nor does a large percentage of people taking prescription drugs religiously.

I bet your mind will change PDQ if you ever require one of those evil medications to keep you alive.

I refuse to be a pawn in big pharma's racket and focus on being well not taking pills to get well. The problem you have is you believe that the only way to be healthy is to take medications. I cant fault you for that, that's the allopathic way..take a pill to remediate the symptom and if that don't work surgically remove it.

:bs: Do you actually believe the utter stupidity you just spouted? You sound like you've spent a bit too much time on homeopathy websites for your own good.

How about actually debating me instead of the caraciture in your head? I prefer to defend my own positions rather than your twisted version of them.

Nice strawman.

And with all your assurances, hospital error is the 3rd leading cause of death in America. I don't think I put much stock in anything the CDC or the medical community has to say about disease, where it came from or how to contain it.

Yes, the dude on the street and hyperventilating conservative talking heads who wouldn't know a stethoscope from a potato peeler are much more reliable sources of good medical info.

Illegals, which are already breaking our laws by merely being here , hence the name - ILLEGAL , are still seen by the open borders crowd as being pure as the wind driven snow.

Even the diseases they track into our country and then disperse into our population can't be discussed, debated and no blame, what so ever, can be placed on the illegals themselves. The fine Federal govt policy makers or employees can never be held accountable. For anything.

To do so is show everyone how stupid you are, and that you lack the basic ability to read and or write.

We really don't know the extent of relation between illegals and the increase in certain "epidemics" but you have to consider it when looking at border states.

As for Ebola....we will see what happens with it (if the truth is told) as the situation develops. Unless you live in the areas affected you can't be for certain what's going on these days. The media is a bad option for news anymore.

What baffles me so is how so many 'trained and educated ' professional medical workers and citizens are infected, despite taking extreme measures .

Then we're told by the CDC and this WH that it's not airborne, and really really hard to catch.

The numbers don't seem to be in agreement with the official position on this matter.

It has everything to do with what is being discussed. The ebola issue is being vastly underestimated as is everything else by this administration.

Hospitals at large are not "this administration."

Just so you know, I dont take ANY medication..NONE and I dont need to nor does a large percentage of people taking prescription drugs religiously.

I bet your mind will change PDQ if you ever require one of those evil medications to keep you alive.

I refuse to be a pawn in big pharma's racket and focus on being well not taking pills to get well. The problem you have is you believe that the only way to be healthy is to take medications. I cant fault you for that, that's the allopathic way..take a pill to remediate the symptom and if that don't work surgically remove it.

:bs: Do you actually believe the utter stupidity you just spouted? You sound like you've spent a bit too much time on homeopathy websites for your own good.

How about actually debating me instead of the caraciture in your head? I prefer to defend my own positions rather than your twisted version of them.

Yes I believe it implicitly. I do not trust the medical community one bit. Evidently you dont like that because when you're not wasting a tremendous amount of time in here, you claim to work in the medical profession. Your prolonged participation in this forum doesn't provide much reassurance that the medical community can be trusted. You seem to have an awful lot of time to do nothing.

Nice strawman.

Yes, the dude on the street and hyperventilating conservative talking heads who wouldn't know a stethoscope from a potato peeler are much more reliable sources of good medical info.

And whose getting his info from either? We'll see how well this plays out for those who believe this ebola thing is not a big deal. I took the President at his word which, once again, proved to be a terrible mistake. He said and i quote, "It is highly unlikely that ebola will come to America." I swear, he didn't seem to be hyperventilating when he made that statement and here we are. Ebola is here and with every passing day it seems increasingly more likely that it going to continue to spread.

Titan, is there ANYTHING left out there that this President and his admnistration can under-estimate?

What baffles me so is how so many 'trained and educated ' professional medical workers and citizens are infected, despite taking extreme measures .

Then we're told by the CDC and this WH that it's not airborne, and really really hard to catch.

The numbers don't seem to be in agreement with the official position on this matter.

Infection control is much harder to pull off in third world countries. Even the most basic precautions are difficult.

Yes I believe it implicitly. I do not trust the medical community one bit.

I see medical errors first hand. Part of my job is investigating medical equipment in the event of an incident. But unlike you, I don't throw the baby out with the bath water and use such incidents as a cudgel to attack modern medicine as a whole. People die as a result of medical errors. We're people, not robots. It's unfortunate, but sometimes mistakes or accidents happen.

More people would die if not for the effectiveness of modern evidence based medicine. Your silly homeopathic medicine isn't going to help the child with leukemia in our HEMOC unit. They'll need chemotherapy. It's not going to fix that newborn's failing heart valve in our CVICU. They'll need it fixed surgically and will likely need a cocktail of drugs for the rest of his or her life. It's not going to help the kid with the failing respiratory system in our PICU. They'll need to be put on a vent.

Evidently you dont like that because when you're not wasting a tremendous amount of time in here, you claim to work in the medical profession. Your prolonged participation in this forum doesn't provide much reassurance that the medical community can be trusted. You seem to have an awful lot of time to do nothing.

:rolleyes:

Now here comes the ad hominem nonsense. It's a claim I can prove. I am a medical equipment repair tech at Children's, i.e. a biomed. I'll PM you a picture of my badge if you need to see it to believe me.

I won't deny that I do spend a lot of time here, but I'm perfectly capable of participating on this forum and performing my job. I do most of my posting from my iPad, and I do get breaks from time to time.

And damn straight I don't like it. Advocating stupidity or wishful thinking in place of effective medicine bothers the hell out of me. Don't like modern medicine? Fine, but don't try to fill that void with a stupid alternative.

Yes I believe it implicitly. I do not trust the medical community one bit.

I see medical errors first hand. Part of my job is investigating medical equipment in the event of an incident. But unlike you, I don't throw the baby out with the bath water and use such incidents as a cudgel to attack modern medicine as a whole. People die as a result of medical errors. We're people, not robots. It's unfortunate, but sometimes mistakes or accidents happen.

More people would die if not for the effectiveness of modern evidence based medicine. Your silly homeopathic medicine isn't going to help the child with leukemia in our HEMOC unit. They'll need chemotherapy. It's not going to fix that newborn's failing heart valve in our CVICU. They'll need it fixed surgically and will likely need a cocktail of drugs for the rest of his or her life. It's not going to help the kid with the failing respiratory system in our PICU. They'll need to be put on a vent.

Evidently you dont like that because when you're not wasting a tremendous amount of time in here, you claim to work in the medical profession. Your prolonged participation in this forum doesn't provide much reassurance that the medical community can be trusted. You seem to have an awful lot of time to do nothing.

:rolleyes:

Now here comes the ad hominem nonsense. It's a claim I can prove. I am a medical equipment repair tech at Children's, i.e. a biomed. I'll PM you a picture of my badge if you need to see it to believe me.

I won't deny that I do spend a lot of time here, but I'm perfectly capable of participating on this forum and performing my job. I do most of my posting from my iPad, and I do get breaks from time to time.

And damn straight I don't like it. Advocating stupidity or wishful thinking in place of effective medicine bothers the hell out of me. Don't like modern medicine? Fine, but don't try to fill that void with a stupid alternative.

Mistakes happen to the tune of accounting for the 3rd leading cause of death in America. it is what it is and whether you like it or not that is easily sufficient fact to have deep concerns about the practice of modern medicine. Frankly, its not my problem that you dont like it you dont seem to have much problem with the industry's ineptitude but are damn well up in arms over any possible altenative.Nobody has tried to fill that void with ANYTHING but taking full responsibility for MY well being. The next time i even take an aspirin will be the first time in 25 years. I am retired and in better health than most people I know who are half my age. So take your whines to someone advocating a stupid alternative. That would not be me, but I am definitely NOT depending on any physician or hospital for my well being.

Mistakes happen to the tune of accounting for the 3rd leading cause of death in America. it is what it is and whether you like it or not that is easily sufficient fact to have deep concerns about the practice of modern medicine.

Right. Avoid the ER if you're having a heart attack because the hospital might kill you. :rolleyes:

Frankly, its not my problem that you dont like it you dont seem to have much problem with the industry's ineptitude but are damn well up in arms over any possible altenative.

Because, even with the failures within modern medicine, I know firsthand that it works. Children go home from our hospital in better shape than they came in everyday because of modern medicine.

Nobody has tried to fill that void with ANYTHING but taking full responsibility for MY well being.

You whipped out the term "allopathic medicine." Are you not aware of that term's etymology? It's a term invented by quacks and used only by quacks. Homeopaths, for the most part.

The next time i even take an aspirin will be the first time in 25 years. I am retired and in better health than most people I know who are half my age. So take your whines to someone advocating a stupid alternative.That would not be me, but I am definitely NOT depending on any physician or hospital for my well being.

Good luck avoiding the ER. Truly. I hope you do not have an eye opening experience in your future, but if it does happen, rest assured it will be an eye opener.

Mistakes happen to the tune of accounting for the 3rd leading cause of death in America. it is what it is and whether you like it or not that is easily sufficient fact to have deep concerns about the practice of modern medicine.

Right. Avoid the ER if you're having a heart attack because the hospital might kill you. :rolleyes:

Frankly, its not my problem that you dont like it you dont seem to have much problem with the industry's ineptitude but are damn well up in arms over any possible altenative.

Because, even with the failures within modern medicine, I know firsthand that it works. Children go home from our hospital in better shape than they came in everyday because of modern medicine.

Nobody has tried to fill that void with ANYTHING but taking full responsibility for MY well being.

You whipped out the term "allopathic medicine." Are you not aware of that term's etymology? It's a term invented by quacks and used only by quacks. Homeopaths, for the most part.

The next time i even take an aspirin will be the first time in 25 years. I am retired and in better health than most people I know who are half my age. So take your whines to someone advocating a stupid alternative.That would not be me, but I am definitely NOT depending on any physician or hospital for my well being.

Good luck avoiding the ER. Truly. I hope you do not have an eye opening experience in your future, but if it does happen, rest assured it will be an eye opener.

Your responses typify EVERYTHING that is wrong with modern medicine. Its total emphasis is after the fact with no attention whatsoever to avoiding the lifestyle that puts people in that compromised position of having to depend on incompetents.

As an after thought, it sure is nice to hear some are going home better off than when they checked in. Fact is quite a few, to the tune of accounting for the 3rd leading cause of death in America, are not!

A classic case of taking a good idea (taking care of one's health through healthy eating and lifestyle) and elevating it to a place that's out of proportion. This kooky, blanket mistrust of modern medicine is a complete overreaction. People like this weary me.

A classic case of taking a good idea (taking care of one's health through healthy eating and lifestyle) and elevating it to a place that's out of proportion. This kooky, blanket mistrust of modern medicine is a complete overreaction. People like this weary me.

No problem. Clearly you have no idea what Im even talking about. Best of luck to you.

No problem. Clearly you have no idea what Im even talking about. Best of luck to you.

I have plenty of idea. I can Google as well you can. I just don't go alarmist and write off modern medicine or science as a result of what I find and read.

"Medical errors" are not the same as "modern medicine." That humans make preventable errors in treatment (giving the wrong dosage of medicine, leaving a surgical sponge inside a patient, etc) does not discredit the designated treatment or medicine used to help people recover. Logic 101.

Archived