So Ebola and Big Pharmacy...In Bed Together?

Texan4Auburn

To the tune of "Santa clause is coming to Town"

"Jesse Jackson's Coming to Town"

My personal favorite comment: Jesse Jackson hits new low- Ebola is racist

Posted by: CH3NO2()

Date: October 07, 2014 09:42AM

Just when you think these carpet bagging poverty pimps cant stoop any lower to extort money from the poor people, Jesse decides to cash in on an epidemic. I guess Jesse has to get his a$$ in gear since he cant count on his jailbird son stealing any more money for him.

Sharpton seems to be a little slow out of the gate on this one?

http://twitchy.com/2...d-racism-photo/

http://www.fairfaxun...74/1672265.html

Where exactly did Jesse Jackson say "Ebola is racist?"

I don't know too much about Jesse's take on Ebola but I did see something the other day where Farrakhan claims it was made by the US to kill off black folks.

http://www.breitbart...-to-Kill-Blacks

That's not entirely shocking. Farrakhan is a bigoted, racist, and anti-Semitic loon.

And yet he is quite popular and widely followed.

As are folks like David Duke and Don Black.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just when you think these carpet bagging poverty pimps cant stoop any lower to extort money from the poor people, Jesse decides to cash in on an epidemic. I guess Jesse has to get his a$$ in gear since he cant count on his jailbird son stealing any more money for him.

I don't know too much about Jesse's take on Ebola but I did see something the other day where Farrakhan claims it was made by the US to kill off black folks.

That's not entirely shocking. Farrakhan is a bigoted, racist, and anti-Semitic loon.

Neither have even a fraction of the following of ole Lou. :-\

No links, just good ole hey what if for the fun of it?

Would anyone really be surprised if big pharm. got Ebola into the US just for the means of profiting? I wouldn't put it past them myself. Would be a ton of $$$$ involved.

http://www.aufamily....tion=boardrules

5) No "unsubstantiated" rumors. Rule of thumb, if you dont have a link for it, don't post it. Just don't hallucinate new rumors.

I'm all for playing by the rules, especially the ones that are designated for the political forums. You want it run to a T, then lets see it run to the T.

From this point forward, there is a zero tolerance policy on all personal jabs, insults, attacks, name-calling and such toward other board members. This goes for explicit remarks as well as smartalec implied ones. If a moderator sees you insult anyone, imply they are stupid, or anything else that smacks of a personal attack, your post will be edited or deleted. If a particular member persists in breaking this rule, other consequences will follow that include temporary suspensions, loss of privileges to post in the Politics Forum and as a last resort, banning.

http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/65659-new-policy-announcement/

Do you know how many comments in all these threads could be considered a rumor? Anyway, it was just a topic of conversation, there was no intent to start a world wide rumor. It was a topic of conversation based off of actions, decisions, of the past etc. I honestly have no clue how the rumor rule plays into this. But I get it now, no going hey if you look at the world, and it's history, do you think this would be possible?

Neither have even a fraction of the following of ole Lou. :-\

Admittedly, I haven't looked at the numbers, but Duke was elected a state senator in Louisiana, and Black runs the largest white supremacist site on the web.

And Hugo Black, Robert Bryd, and George Wallace.

And Hugo Black, Robert Bryd, and George Wallace.

Trying to stay contemporary here. :laugh:

Would anyone really be surprised if big pharm. got Ebola into the US just for the means of profiting? I wouldn't put it past them myself. Would be a ton of $$$$ involved.

Back to the original problem with this post. If you go to the Democratic Underground, you will find a lot of conspiracy theory post like this one. I'll be very disappointed if this Forum continues to allow post like this.

Back to the original problem with this post. If you go to the Democratic Underground, you will find a lot of conspiracy theory post like this one. I'll be very disappointed if this Forum continues to allow post like this.

Report it to the mods if it bothers you that much. As I said earlier, though, this particular subsection of the forum is, by nature, very different from others. We are given broad latitude to share our opinions. Even if they are, well, nuts. :lol:

Report is to the mods if it bothers you that much. As I said earlier, though, this particular subsection of the forum is, by nature, very different from others. We are given broad latitude to share our opinions. Even if they are, well, nuts. :lol:

Ben, any time I failed to provide a link to a point I made, usually because I thought it was common knowledge, I have returned and provided a link. I understand this forum is a little different, but if you accuses an industry of murdering Americans I believe this crosses the line of being different. Don't you?

Ben, any time I failed to provide a link to a point I made, usually because I thought it was common knowledge, I have returned and provided a link.

That is considered good practice and I suggest you continue doing so.

I understand this forum is a little different, but if you accuses an industry of murdering Americans I believe this crosses the line of being different. Don't you?

It's extreme but it's allowed.

Well yes profit is a motive. What of it? Are they supposed to lose money and just give everything away?

You tell me.....I suggested profit and motive go together and was called repulsive and despicable.

So if we are going to turn it into some moral high ground thing.... then yes. They should of lost money and gave it away and then there would already be a solution to this problem.

If we are sticking to profit is a motive, then it is fair to question a company that has already demonstrated highly unethical conduct in regards to lives for profit.

Man you are out there in la la land on that one. You are treading on dangerous ground to say a company can't make any money. Why don't you just go to work for your company for free and let that money to go somewhere where it would do more good. Nobody is holding back on a treatment just so they can make money. Ok lets just not charge anybody for medical treatment. Doctors should give away their services for free. Food is just as essential to life as medical treatment but we don't have a problem with food service making a profit. You say you are a moderate. I have yet to see anything that would suggest that to me, certainly not on this issue anyway.

So if I say someone would potentially do something for profit. I'm this really bad guy that gets called names and stuff and accused of rumor mongering and being unreasonable etc etc. Ok, got it.

Then if I say Ok, X that. Let's do the morally right thing regardless of profit... well then I'm in LaLa land because of that.

And there are doctors that do both all over the world. They work and earn money, then take time and go to places like Africa, S. America and volunteer those same services for free they are paid for for free.

Ben, any time I failed to provide a link to a point I made, usually because I thought it was common knowledge, I have returned and provided a link.

That is considered good practice and I suggest you continue doing so.

I understand this forum is a little different, but if you accuses an industry of murdering Americans I believe this crosses the line of being different. Don't you?

It's extreme but it's allowed.

Thanks for calling this out as extreme. I wish more people would identify this kind of thing for what it is.

According to the rules this type post is not allowed.

5) No "unsubstantiated" rumors. Rule of thumb, if you don't have a link for it, don't post it. Keeps the goofy stuff to a minimum. In some cases we may make an exception on what's considered a legit source. Just don't hallucinate new rumors.

Ya, lets break down what I said.

No links.....I am not providing you with anything stating this is what is happening, or claiming this is what is happening.

Just good ole hey what if for fun?.......for the hell of it, lets have a discussion about this.

Would anyone really be surprised if big pharm. got Ebola into the US just for the means of profiting?.......................there is the topic, perhaps I could have phrased it a bit differently. But notice, it is in the form of a question and not a statement.

I wouldn't put it past them myself.................100% personal opinion based off of their past actions like the incidents with Paxil and Wellbrutrin. (Supported with links)

Would be a ton of money involved.............. does this even need to be explained, given the situation I don't think people would argue that someone will not gain financially off of this and that the race is on. (But, provided links)

The back and forth on this thread is humorous at best, some of you are way too serious and get your pants into a bunch over nothing but a hypothetical situation. I think the OP may have veered a little off course into the nutty, but the underlying message is worth discussing.

Questions that may be worth discussing: Is pharmaceutical research being hindered by the motive of profit? Should we be dedicating resources to eradicate diseases/conditions that only affect a few? Do pharmaceutical companies manipulate the market for their drugs in order to maximize profit?

Ya, lets break down what I said.

No links.....I am not providing you with anything stating this is what is happening, or claiming this is what is happening.

Just good ole hey what if for fun?.......for the hell of it, lets have a discussion about this.

Would anyone really be surprised if big pharm. got Ebola into the US just for the means of profiting?.......................there is the topic, perhaps I could have phrased it a bit differently. But notice, it is in the form of a question and not a statement.

I wouldn't put it past them myself.................100% personal opinion based off of their past actions like the incidents with Paxil and Wellbrutrin. (Supported with links)

Would be a ton of money involved.............. does this even need to be explained, given the situation I don't think people would argue that someone will not gain financially off of this and that the race is on. (But, provided links)

More extreme statements and the softener to begin a conspiracy theory post about American Companies murdering people (with Ebola) for profit is unacceptable.

The back and forth on this thread is humorous at best, some of you are way too serious and get your pants into a bunch over nothing but a hypothetical situation. I think the OP may have veered a little off course into the nutty, but the underlying message is worth discussing.

Questions that may be worth discussing: Is pharmaceutical research being hindered by the motive of profit? Should we be dedicating resources to eradicate diseases/conditions that only affect a few? Do pharmaceutical companies manipulate the market for their drugs in order to maximize profit?

The OP knew the topic was out of bounds and used softeners to justify it's existence. Typical Rules for Radicals. Once the ball was rolling the other radicals jumped right in and played along.

By the way, if a post were started with the later questions you present, I would have no problem with it.

The OP knew the topic was out of bounds and used softeners to justify it's existence. Typical Rules for Radicals. Once the ball was rolling the other radicals jumped right in and played along.

By the way, if a post were started with the later questions you present, I would have not problem with it.

Wait.... you mean the OP was serious with his question? :blink:

By the way, if a post were started with the later questions you present, I would have not problem with it.

Welcome to the Jungle!

These are very good questions.

Is pharmaceutical research being hindered by the motive of profit?

Yes.

Should we be dedicating resources to eradicate diseases/conditions that only affect a few?

Absolutely not if it means allocating resources away from more worthwhile causes. Good luck motivating the industry to look beyond profit, though.

Do pharmaceutical companies manipulate the market for their drugs in order to maximize profit?

My answer would be an unequivocal yes, but not anywhere near the extent suggested by the OP.

[The OP knew the topic was out of bounds and used softeners to justify it's existence. Typical Rules for Radicals. Once the ball was rolling the other radicals jumped right in and played along.

By the way, if a post were started with the later questions you present, I would have no problem with it.

Who played along? This looks to me like T4A's rodeo, and his alone.

Follow the money...

#1 Tekmira Pharmaceuticals (TKMR)

#2 BioCryst Pharmacuticals (BCRX)

#3 Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT)

#4 NewLink Genetics (NLNK)

#5 Lakeland Industries (LAKE)

http://www.naturalne...es_patents.html

Not sure how credible the link is, etc, etc, but if it's all true it's sad.

This one tried to substantiate the rumor. To Ben's credit he called it "not credible".

Follow the money...

#1 Tekmira Pharmaceuticals (TKMR)

#2 BioCryst Pharmacuticals (BCRX)

#3 Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT)

#4 NewLink Genetics (NLNK)

#5 Lakeland Industries (LAKE)

http://www.naturalne...es_patents.html

Not sure how credible the link is, etc, etc, but if it's all true it's sad.

This one tried to substantiate the rumor. To Ben's credit he called it "not credible".

Anyone that thinks Natural News is credible needs their head examined. Mike Adams is certifiable. Truther, birther, naturopath, etc. Just an all around loon.

Well yes profit is a motive. What of it? Are they supposed to lose money and just give everything away?

You tell me.....I suggested profit and motive go together and was called repulsive and despicable.

So if we are going to turn it into some moral high ground thing.... then yes. They should of lost money and gave it away and then there would already be a solution to this problem.

If we are sticking to profit is a motive, then it is fair to question a company that has already demonstrated highly unethical conduct in regards to lives for profit.

A close to home example. The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment conducted by the US government's Public Health Service, Tuskegee Institute, and later the CDC that ran from 1932 to 1972 and only stopped when a PHS whistle blower leaked evidence to the press in the early 1970s. Penicillin was the treatment of choice as early as 1947, but it was denied to the participants. It was the Federal government and Tuskegee that pushed and continue to operate this study for 40 years until they were outed. Their was no profit motive, just a lack of government and medical ethics.

This on uses a legit example from many years ago to substantiate the OP.

I guess I was according to others. I think in this situation it will just depend on if you want to take a side.

Archived