Guess what ? Effort noticed- MSU AD warns MSU fans

IronMan70

It looks like the AU fans making a point about the cowbells is being noticed.

By Kevin Scarbinsky, Al.com

October 10, 2014 at 12:12 PM, updated October 10, 2014 at 12:15 PM

(excerpt)

"In his latest Wednesday Bulldog Update, Stricklin sounded an alarm for State fans about their beloved cowbells. He basically told them to use them - responsibly - or lose them. Apparently there were some rogue ringers during last week's big win over Texas A&M."

link: http://www.al.com/sp...issippi_st.html

I will believe it when I see it

Me too, but it shows the effort is being noticed. The point being made by AU fans is having the desired effect of shining light on the issue.

The other SEC teams need to say it's OK for MSU to keep their silly tradition and then petition the conference for an on the field Unsportsmanlike Conduct Penalty every time an official hears a bell ringing during a non-authorized time. The bells would stop ringing during plays and the coach and AD would probably not allow the cowbells in the stadium.

I think what he means is that the cowbell should not be used as a weapon against visiting fans.....can't believe anyone there will refrain from ringing those bells when AU has the ball...or that stadium authorities are prepared to collect about 30,000 bells.

I think what he means is that the cowbell should not be used as a weapon against visiting fans.....can't believe anyone there will refrain from ringing those bells when AU has the ball...or that stadium authorities are prepared to collect about 30,000 bells.

He specifically said ringing irresponsibly. I can only take that one way.

What he means is to stop ringing them once the center is over the ball, that is their agreement which allows them to have them.

Weapons? :dunno: :dunno: where that came from. :dunno: :dunno:

What he means is to stop ringing them once the center is over the ball, that is their agreement which allows them to have them.

ask 64 I never thought that. I meant what you said, ringing them once the center was over the ball. That is my interpretation of irresponsible ringing.

ask 64 I never thought that. I meant what you said, ringing them once the center was over the ball. That is my interpretation of irresponsible ringing.

Sure that's easy..... "use them - responsibly - or lose them".....that's subject to interpretation....and I was joking of course....since it's about one chance in a thousand that any MSU fan will quit ringing the bells when the AU center gets over the ball.

Have any of you ever been to an MSU game....apparently not if you think anyone is going to be dissuaded by the request. The tighter the game or the more important the snap by AU the louder the bells...you can bet on it. Like students rushing the field after the Ole Miss victory....the AD was happy to pay the fine.....and if MSU wins, they will be happy to pay the fine too. The message/warning was a joke......

Archived