Week 8 (Bye) - Sunday Updates

RunInRed

1 carry for Corey Grant on Saturday. Now that just blows my mind. I've seen people saying that MSU (as well as other teams) have really focused on shutting down the outside runs but 1 carry? How do we know something is really shut down when we aren't even attempting it?

I guess Gus just forgot how to coach. Really sad. I wonder if we can get mike Shula....unbelievable ...

Hell Yes, guess you are tired of hearing the cry baby stuff too, I know I am!!! War Eagle! Thanks RunInRed for the information, valuable as always.

1 carry for Corey Grant on Saturday. Now that just blows my mind. I've seen people saying that MSU (as well as other teams) have really focused on shutting down the outside runs but 1 carry? How do we know something is really shut down when we aren't even attempting it?

I guess Gus just forgot how to coach. Really sad. I wonder if we can get mike Shula....unbelievable ...

Your criticism was uncalled for. He didn't say Gus doesn't know how to coach all he said was 1 touch for Grant. He stated why some people thought Corey didn't get any touches. By the way that one touch gained 7 yards. This is a message board where people are supposed to be allowed to have an opinion. Apparently if somebody thinks something was done in-correctly they are a whiner who doesn't love Auburn.

There is no doubt in my mind Gus is a great coach and has proven it everywhere he has been but that doesn't mean some people can't question something about his play calling. Every coach including Gus with the benefit of hindsight after a game can tell you they wish they did some things (not everything) differently. I also thought that Corey grant should have had more touches and by the way Rhett agreed with that during his talk.

I remember him missing two badly that were short towards the sideline. I also remember Sammie catching one but it was a pretty bad throw, he had to go to his knees and stretch out to grab it

Are you saying that a throw from the middle(25-30 yards??) of the field to the sideline is a short pass? Not flaming, just wanting some clarification of what you call a short pass.

No I don't know where you got that from. I'm talking 5 to 7 yard passes. The one that Sammie fell to his knees may have been shorter than that

You're misunderstanding the question. He's saying any throw across the field is not a short pass. A 7 yard hitch from the left hash to the right boundary is a 25 yard throw. That's his point, but yes, I think that's what Lashlee means by the short throws. Anything under 10 yards, regardless of lateral distance.

Archived