Marine held in Mexico has been released

cooltigger21

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AUUSN.....to throw back the insult you threw at me recently in another thread.......your post #18 is one of the most ignorant posts I have ever seen in this forum. You say you don't know much about a Marine held for seven months in Mexico. What remote part of he Navy are you in that this is possible?

Then with no knowledge you imply he got what he deserves and blame it on Fox News who played a huge role in ultimately getting him freed.. Pure ignorance. You need to watch Greta Van Susteren interview him and see first hand his side of the story......the story of a Marine who cares more about his fellow comrade in arms than you seem to.

jpeg&output-quality=90

Let me say it again for the hard of reading. It SUCKS that the Marine made a mistake and transported loaded weapons across an international boarder.

http://tijuana.usconsulate.gov/tijuana/warning.html

Don’t bring firearms or ammunition across the border into Mexico.

Don’t carry a knife, even a small pocketknife, on your person in Mexico.

You may become one of dozens of U.S. Citizens who are arrested each month for unintentionally violating Mexico’s strict weapons laws.

If you are caught with firearms or ammunition in Mexico...

• You will go to jail and your vehicle will be seized;
  • You will be separated from your family, friends, and your job, and likely suffer substantial financial hardship;
  • You will pay court costs and other fees ranging into the tens of thousands of dollars defending yourself;
  • You may get up to a 30-year sentence in a Mexican prison if found guilty.

If you carry a knife on your person in Mexico, even a pocketknife . . .

• You may be arrested and charged with possession of a deadly weapon;
  • You may spend weeks in jail waiting for trial, and tens of thousands of dollars in attorney’s fees, court costs, and fines;
  • If convicted, you may be sentenced to up to five years in a Mexican prison.

Claiming not to know about the law will not get you leniency from a police officer or the judicial system. Leave your firearms, ammunition, and knives at home. Don’t bring them into Mexico.

AUUSN...as you said to begin with you hadn't kept up with the case. Many signs have been changed since the original incident. If you had followed Fox news instead of criticizing them you would be much better educated on the whole case. Greta spent hours down there driving back and forth across the border and making videos that clearly showed how easy it was to make his mistake. The reason he carried firearms across in the first place was he made a wrong turn due to poor directions to turn around

By the way, he has PTSD but I'm sure you could not care less. He is just a Marine who went to San Diego to get help. He would have got more help from the WH if he had been a deserter.

AUUSN...as you said to begin with you hadn't kept up with the case. Many signs have been changed since the original incident. If you had followed Fox news instead of criticizing them you would be much better educated on the whole case. Greta spent hours down there driving back and forth across the border and making videos that clearly showed how easy it was to make his mistake.

Oh brother. Exactly what would Fox News educate me on?

Did the Marine transport firearms across the border? yes.

Is it against Mexican law to do so? yes.

Does it matter how easily you can go back and forth across said border? no.

Does it matter that it was done by mistake? no.

Class dismissed.

http://www.travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/country/mexico.html

CRIMINAL PENALTIES: In Mexico, you are subject to Mexican laws and regulations. Foreign legal systems can be vastly different from our own, and may not afford the protections available to an individual under U.S. law. The legal process and typical investigation/prosecution timeline in Mexico is significantly different and longer from that in the United States, and procedures may vary from state to state. Penalties for breaking the law can be more severe than in the United States for similar offenses. Persons violating Mexican laws, even unknowingly, may be deported, arrested, or imprisoned. Penalties for possession, use or trafficking in illegal drugs are severe, and convicted offenders can expect long jail sentences and heavy fines. If you break the law, your U.S. citizenship will not help you avoid arrest or prosecution. It is very important to know what is legal and what is illegal wherever you go. Within this framework, U.S. consular officers provide certain services to U.S. citizens and their families, including information about local attorneys, and advocacy to ensure fair and humane treatment.

Strict Firearms Laws: The Mexican government has strict laws concerning the ownership of weapons. Mere possession

of weapons by travelers is illegal in most cases. Possession of firearms is totally prohibited for weapons of types and calibers specified under Mexican law as for the exclusive use of the military. Possession of such prohibited weapons is a serious federal crime for which bail is unavailable. More detailed information on the type of firearms in the category of prohibited weapons is given below.

Illegal firearms trafficking from the United States into Mexico is a major problem, and the. the Department of State warns all U.S. citizens against taking any firearm or ammunition into Mexico. Entering Mexico with a firearm, certain types of knives, or even a single round of ammunition is illegal, even if the weapon or ammunition is taken into Mexico unintentionally. The Mexican government strictly enforces laws restricting the importation of firearms and ammunition along all land borders and at airports and seaports, and routinely x-rays incoming luggage. U.S. citizens entering Mexico with a weapon or any amount of ammunition, even accidentally, generally are detained for a few days, and can be arrested and prosecuted. If convicted, they may face lengthy prison sentences. Travelers are strongly advised to thoroughly inspect all belongings prior to travel to Mexico to avoid the accidental importation of ammunition or firearms. For more information visit the websites for the Mexican Secretary of Defense and Mexican Customs.

You can post all that stuff until hell freezes over but just as YOU said in the beginning you were hardly familiar with the case and your post was ignorant just as you accused me on one of my posts. Turn about is fair play. If you can't take it, don't dish it out

You can post all that stuff until hell freezes over but just as YOU said in the beginning you were hardly familiar with the case and your post was ignorant just as you accused me on one of my posts. Turn about is fair play. If you can't take it, don't dish it out

Senseless.

IMG_103041797205547.jpeg

http://tijuana.uscon...na/warning.html

Don’t bring firearms or ammunition across the border into Mexico.

Don’t carry a knife, even a small pocketknife, on your person in Mexico.

You may become one of dozens of U.S. Citizens who are arrested each month for unintentionally violating Mexico’s strict weapons laws.

If you are caught with firearms or ammunition in Mexico...

• You will go to jail and your vehicle will be seized;
  • You will be separated from your family, friends, and your job, and likely suffer substantial financial hardship;
  • You will pay court costs and other fees ranging into the tens of thousands of dollars defending yourself;
  • You may get up to a 30-year sentence in a Mexican prison if found guilty.

If you carry a knife on your person in Mexico, even a pocketknife . . .

• You may be arrested and charged with possession of a deadly weapon;
  • You may spend weeks in jail waiting for trial, and tens of thousands of dollars in attorney’s fees, court costs, and fines;
  • If convicted, you may be sentenced to up to five years in a Mexican prison.

Claiming not to know about the law will not get you leniency from a police officer or the judicial system. Leave your firearms, ammunition, and knives at home. Don’t bring them into Mexico.

it may also be a bad idea to attempt an escape from jail.

Should we allow the justice system of a FRIENDLY country to run it's course? Does anyone truly believe there was no contact regarding this issue between the two governments? Should we have invaded Mexico? Should we have done as Mikey suggested and sent in Seal Team 6?

This was an unfortunate incident but, it was used for rhetoric and political fodder. The comparisons to Bergdahl are apples and oranges. Attempts to compare the two are disingenuous.

Can't you read? Nowhere did I say send in Seal Team 6. For one thing, our administration didn't have the inclination to do that, what with Tahmooreisi not being their sort of person. I said a group of former special forces guys might have had to get together and do it privately.

The comparison to Bergdahl is direct, the exact same thing, apples to apples. Except that Obama got to release five Moslem terrorists in the Bergdahl case. If Mexico wanted Moslems freed, I expect Obama would have been all over the situation.

Obama never mentioned Tahmorreisi in public. Therefore, I do believe that our administration did not lift one finger to help him. A couple of congressmen, an entertainer or two and some news people worked hard on getting him freed. Wish I could say we have a president that did the same, but he did not.

Should we allow the justice system of a FRIENDLY country to run it's course? Does anyone truly believe there was no contact regarding this issue between the two governments? Should we have invaded Mexico? Should we have done as Mikey suggested and sent in Seal Team 6?

This was an unfortunate incident but, it was used for rhetoric and political fodder. The comparisons to Bergdahl are apples and oranges. Attempts to compare the two are disingenuous.

Can't you read? Nowhere did I say send in Seal Team 6. For one thing, our administration didn't have the inclination to do that, what with Tahmooreisi not being their sort of person. I said a group of former special forces guys might have had to get together and do it privately.

I can. You did not suggest Americans violate the sovereignty of another country and their legal system?

The comparison to Bergdahl is direct, the exact same thing, apples to apples. Except that Obama got to release five Moslem terrorists in the Bergdahl case. If Mexico wanted Moslems freed, I expect Obama would have been all over the situation.

It is? Mexico is a terrorist group we are at war with? They captured Tahmorreisi? Funny, it took much longer to get Bergdahl back.

Obama never mentioned Tahmorreisi in public. Therefore, I do believe that our administration did not lift one finger to help him. A couple of congressmen, an entertainer or two and some news people worked hard on getting him freed. Wish I could say we have a president that did the same, but he did not.

You know this to be fact? Wow, you must have very high ranking contacts.

I can. You did not suggest Americans violate the sovereignty of another country and their legal system?

It is? Mexico is a terrorist group we are at war with? They captured Tahmorreisi? Funny, it took much longer to get Bergdahl back.

You know this to be fact? Wow, you must have very high ranking contacts.

Tonight, watch the hour-long show that cooltiger21 mentioned above. You'll learn a lot about what was and wasn't done and who the doers and non-doers were.

I won't be watching but I hope Fox News compensates the Marine because they sure made a lot of advertising dollars off him.

You should watch, you might learn something.

I won't be watching but I hope Fox News compensates the Marine because they sure made a lot of advertising dollars off him.

You should watch, you might learn something.

Nah, I'm pretty sure I already know what will be said: "I made a mistake and didnt mean to cross the border and Mexican jail suck."

Your ego is really acting up but if you think I'm trolling you I'm flattered. I post here almost every day and did long before you ever came to AUFamily.

I simply expressed my opinion of your remarks about a United States Marine and I stand by it......and him.

You all couldnt care less about this Marine. He was merely your tool to bash Obama. Yet the holier than thou want to preach to me about how I should think on this matter? Spare me the fake outrage because I've been involved a time or two in diplomatic situations like this so go sell your righteous indignation somewhere else. I know the deal.

I saw that ct. The poor guy clearly needs our love, respect, and help.

I'm anxious to see the full interview on her program tonight.

Archived