2015 3* QB Tyler Queen commits to AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been hearing that coach Malzahn would like to sign 2 QB's in 2015.

In Queens interview, Queen states that AU will most likely sign another QB in addition to himself. The other will be a true DT QB.

Sign as many QBs as possible. How many of us wished we had signed 3 more QBs when the crew was Trotter, Mosely, and Frazier? LOL

And if some transfer out, it means we have better guys on the roster.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate this news for Queen. Hopefully, he can rehab it without surgery. Bummer for him.

I found this stunningly stupid:

"Queen was actually able to throw with his receivers during a workout Thursday morning, and, according to those on hand including his father, the 6-foot-2, 229-pound junior did not show any decrease in his arm strength or accuracy during the throwing session. "

And don't give me any all doctors know best crap, the number of med mal cases I've been around indicate some of the most medically brilliant minds have the common sense of a 16 year old. Not sure who is giving med advise in North Cobb but they should have their head examined letting him do this. He's not participating Friday, why take a chance? Just mind blowingly dumb. Chin up Tyler, we need you in a couple.

I'd like for him to be healthy when he comes to Auburn... Hope he does whatever it takes for him to do so.

That's great! Dodged a bullet there.

Good news. Appreciate Metafour stepping up with the pipeline info.

Good news.

In case anyone wants to read the full article

http://auburn.247spo...-Andrews-184612

Good news for a quality person & player. For those interested, ligaments do not heal. They can be surgically repaired or replaced with other tissue to form ligament-like tissue and without surgery, Tyler may play football as if he wasn't injured at all....and I understand the dad's perspective telling the world including his son's scholarship awarders that Tyler will be "totally healed"...that's simply not the way ligaments work. Dr. Andrew's orders to shut down the elbow show how utterly moronic the North Cobb medical folks were in letting Tyler throw hours after the injury.

Good news for a quality person & player. For those interested, ligaments do not heal. They can be surgically repaired or replaced with other tissue to form ligament-like tissue and without surgery, Tyler may play football as if he wasn't injured at all....and I understand the dad's perspective telling the world including his son's scholarship awarders that Tyler will be "totally healed"...that's simply not the way ligaments work. Dr. Andrew's orders to shut down the elbow show how utterly moronic the North Cobb medical folks were in letting Tyler throw hours after the injury.

Ligaments do heal dependent on the extent of the injury. He was quoted as saying Tyler having a partial tear with no need of surgical repair. Rest and rehab.

Ligaments do heal dependent on the extent of the injury. He was quoted as saying Tyler having a partial tear with no need of surgical repair. Rest and rehab.

The reason the ligaments don't repair themselves is because of lack of blood flow to the tissue. An orthopedic surgeon developed a technique used on Bodie Miller when he tore his ACL that fixes that problem. It is orthroscopic, but does not require any suturing or replacement of the ligament. By drilling into the femur marrow the blood cells were allowed to drip down onto the ligament until the bone healed. This dramatically increased its nutrition supply and accelerated Bodie's recovery. I'm not sure the same could be done with an elbow ligament but it would be an interesting proposition.

The reason the ligaments don't repair themselves is because of lack of blood flow to the tissue. An orthopedic surgeon developed a technique used on Bodie Miller when he tore his ACL that fixes that problem. It is orthroscopic, but does not require any suturing or replacement of the ligament. By drilling into the femur marrow the blood cells were allowed to drip down onto the ligament until the bone healed. This dramatically increased its nutrition supply and accelerated Bodie's recovery. I'm not sure the same could be done with an elbow ligament but it would be an interesting proposition.

Off season debate. Ligaments sprain. The type of tear has to be diagnoised. Small tears such as sprains can heal themselves in a few days to a few weeks or longer. Ankle sprains, knee sprains, elbow sprains all are small tears. The recovery time varies according to the severity. The joint is checked with a stability test and possible mri/x-ray along with a complete evaluation. If you have a ruptured ligament or a severe strain then surgical repair would or could be required. Partial tears do heal. If not then everyone who ever sprained an ankle, elbow or knee would be in an operating room. The severity should be graded first. Then it can determined if the ligament will heal on its own without surgical intervention or not heal on its own and the instability is to great requiring surgery.. I will leave the debate before a I incite a continued hijack.

Hope Tyler's rehab goes well.

• 1 month later...

Article is premium but the tweet is still good news

Since TQ did tweet it a month or so ago I will say he is an EE and will start classes at AU in January.

Awesome! Always good news to get a QB in for spring practice. This guy is going to be a good one. Jeremy and Sean better stay on their toes!

Everyone on the staff including Gus would be very shocked if Jeremy Johnson wasn't the starter in 2015. He will be a 10 year NFL talent if he continues to develop. Most don't realize he would be starting for +/- 75% of our opponents. Pretty impressive IYAM.

I am glad TQ is an early entry. QB's have a ton to learn and this will help him. This

Gives SW just about a 6 month head start on TQ. If they all stay patient, I think JJ, SW, and TQ will all have a chance to start in their careers.

We went a little over a year ago with no SEC ready QBs to potentially a stocked house of very capable QBs.

I am glad TQ is an early entry. QB's have a ton to learn and this will help him. This

Gives SW just about a 6 month head start on TQ. If they all stay patient, I think JJ, SW, and TQ will all have a chance to start in their careers.

We went a little over a year ago with no SEC ready QBs to potentially a stocked house of very capable QBs.

Not sure how much of an advantage SW will have with a 6 month lead given most of his snaps will be with the 3rd team. It' will be an interesting race to see who will be the QB after JJ leaves.

Not sure how much of an advantage SW will have with a 6 month lead given most of his snaps will be with the 3rd team. It' will be an interesting race to see who will be the QB after JJ leaves.

Not an advantage. I just like the fact of the QBs all understanding the playbook. So when they get their chance, they know what they need to do.

Archived