2015 3* QB Tyler Queen commits to AU!

RunInRed

I am glad TQ is an early entry. QB's have a ton to learn and this will help him. This

Gives SW just about a 6 month head start on TQ. If they all stay patient, I think JJ, SW, and TQ will all have a chance to start in their careers.

We went a little over a year ago with no SEC ready QBs to potentially a stocked house of very capable QBs.

Not sure how much of an advantage SW will have with a 6 month lead given most of his snaps will be with the 3rd team. It' will be an interesting race to see who will be the QB after JJ leaves.

Not an advantage. I just like the fact of the QBs all understanding the playbook. So when they get their chance, they know what they need to do.

Individual talent notwithstanding, any athlete will tell you just having gone through the workouts & daily team process and routine is a HUGE advantage.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad TQ is an early entry. QB's have a ton to learn and this will help him. This

Gives SW just about a 6 month head start on TQ. If they all stay patient, I think JJ, SW, and TQ will all have a chance to start in their careers.

We went a little over a year ago with no SEC ready QBs to potentially a stocked house of very capable QBs.

Not sure how much of an advantage SW will have with a 6 month lead given most of his snaps will be with the 3rd team. It' will be an interesting race to see who will be the QB after JJ leaves.

Not an advantage. I just like the fact of the QBs all understanding the playbook. So when they get their chance, they know what they need to do.

Individual talent notwithstanding, any athlete will tell you just having gone through the workouts & daily team process and routine is a HUGE advantage.

In immediate development yes and if a starting job is there for the taking in the immediate next season. Barring unforeseen circumstances they will not be battling for a starting job til the 2017 season. Sean will have been on campus 3 years and TQ 2 and a half. Not a big advatage in that situation. FTR my OP was not directly speaking to JFD. I had been thinking on it on my own for a while and that seemed a nice fit for my OP.

• 3 weeks later...

“@Niebuhr247: Pic: #Auburn great Cam Newton with #WarEagle QB commit Tyler Queen http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/Contents/PIC-Cam-Newton-with-Tyler-Queen-28886106”

One thing though... The kid has some offensive lineman's arms. I think a red-shirt year under Russell would do him some good.

“@Niebuhr247: Pic: #Auburn great Cam Newton with #WarEagle QB commit Tyler Queen http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/Contents/PIC-Cam-Newton-with-Tyler-Queen-28886106”

One thing though... The kid has some offensive lineman's arms. I think a red-shirt year under Russell would do him some good.

I think there is better than a good chance that Queen redshirts. Don't think though that Queen is soft. He is a very talented QB with a very good arm and good accuracy and he can run as well.

I'm curious to see how Queen develops, especially if we land Torrance Gibson. If he, Sean White, & Jeremy Johnson can lock down the QB position for the next 4-5 years, then we could have the luxury of using Torrance Gibson as more of an athlete. The QB competition is about to get ridiculous.

The QB competition will get ridiculous even if sign Kai and not Torrance.

You and Cameron are both right regarding QB's. I love Kai too. That being said a lot of experts say AU has the best QB depth chart in all of college football now. Marshall, JJ, Sean White, and Queen. Holy cow that is awesome.

You and Cameron are both right regarding QB's. I love Kai too. That being said a lot of experts say AU has the best QB depth chart in all of college football now. Marshall, JJ, Sean White, and Queen. Holy cow that is awesome.

link..............................................j/k 80

link..............................................j/k 80

Golf, you put a smile on my face this AM. I do not have it now, but I think it was ESPN. I will look for it.

I've liked TQ from day 1. A lot of the guys we're currently pursuing at the QB position look to be flashier but I think Tyler could end up being an amazing college QB.

• 4 weeks later...

The QB competition will get ridiculous even if we sign Kai and not Torrance.

Kai is not a take for AU right now so the chances of signing him at AU look slim.

Why wasn't Tyler invited to The Opening?

Because him throwing at the tOSU Opening regional 3 and 1/2 weeks ago was the first competitive throwing he did since he hurt his arm pitching a few months ago and he did not perform at a great level there. The Opening invites are strictly based on how well you do at one of The Opening Regional camps.

• 1 month later...

E, I saw you post in another QB thread that it is possible Queen could be looking at shoulder surgery when he got to AU. Any idea on why he would wait? I can't imagine he would be much good to his HS team with a bum shoulder.

E, I saw you post in another QB thread that it is possible Queen could be looking at shoulder surgery when he got to AU. Any idea on why he would wait? I can't imagine he would be much good to his HS team with a bum shoulder.

His elbow, not shoulder. Also it's a possibility not a definitely. He has a whole Senior season to play and throw to see if his elbow improves.

I believe it was a partial tear. He can play this year and if needed, Dr. Andrews can repair it after he EEs. He won't be playing pitching at AU so I don't think it will be an issue once healed. Of course I'm not a Doctor.

I believe it was a partial tear. He can play this year and if needed, Dr. Andrews can repair it after he EEs. He won't be playing pitching at AU so I don't think it will be an issue once healed. Of course I'm not a Doctor.

If Queen takes one staep towards the baseball field this year, someone should tackle him. Queen has a lot of talent.He really could be a player if healthy. He can run and throw.

• 2 weeks later...

Article on Tyler Queen on 247 about his arm being 100% now. It is not free, but it is good news. This is a picture of Tyler at practice yesterday. It looks to me like he has worked pretty hard on his body over the last several months.

6_3028782.jpg

Article on Tyler Queen on 247 about his arm being 100% now. It is not free, but it is good news. This is a picture of Tyler at practice yesterday. It looks to me like he has worked pretty hard on his body over the last several months.

6_3028782.jpg

Love the business-like "out of my face" scowl.

I read that he is 6'3 230, so that is just about Dakota Prescotts size. I would like for him to tone up some more. Anybody know his 40 time?

I don't think Tyler is ever going to be super tone given his body type, but if his arm is healthy when he gets here none of you will care what he looks like.

Archived