Before we start jumping off the ship...

StatTiger

WarEagleExtra (@wareagleextra) tweeted at 6:36 PM on Sun, Nov 16, 2014:

Johnson jokes that "all Southern males think they know how to win a NASCAR race and coach football."

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Muschamp is now available. Let's toss some cash at him and bring him back as soon as possible. Or if he does not want to come let's go after a well known Coordinator like Bud Foster or some one like that.

Agreed but I think most understand the clock is now running. Hope he does.

"Clock is running"...Now THAT is FUNNY!!! Bwahahahaha

I'm here to stay. Muschamp can turn our defense around. We need to get the edge back and get back to being a physical football team on both side of the ball

That would be Chizik, not Muschamp. Chizik's 2004 defense was ridiculous and better than anything Muschamp has put on the field.

Either way, neither are returning to Auburn to be a DC.

2004 seemed to me more talented than any of Muschamp's squads, and that helped

Get of the Muschamp band wagon. Florida has to pay him 2 million a year for next 3 years, he ain't coming to AU. His contract is probably like Chizik's where he has to pay back anything he makes up to the 2 million, so he would be working for free. Not going to happen. WDE

I think with the recent events at Florida. It may be time to bring a well known and great defensive mind back to Auburn.No offense to Ellis. He is a good defensive cordinator. But i think the times have passed him by. Will Muschamp anybody? Time to come home. AuDefensiveCordinator As far as jumping off the Gus bus. No way, not happening here. The man's a great coach and will do the right thing to get the job done!!! Waaaaaaar Eagle!!!

I think with the recent events at Florida. It may be time to bring a well known and great defensive mind back to Auburn.No offense to Ellis. He is a good defensive cordinator. But i think the times have passed him by. Will Muschamp anybody? Time to come home. AuDefensiveCordinator As far as jumping off the Gus bus. No way, not happening here. The man's a great coach and will do the right thing to get the job done!!! Waaaaaaar Eagle!!!

You're probably the 100th person to mention Muschamp.

There's probably another 100 who will tell you it most likely won't happen.

So do we all agree our defense is terrible? We can talk about without being spanked by the sunshine police? And this is finally after the worst offensive performance of Gus' career..

Oh no way would I want to be calling for throwing in the towel with Gus. I just think there is something wrong that needs correcting and it can't be corrected this season. And I don't think the problem is solely defensive but only mostly. Bear in mind folks, this is Malzahn's 3rd season as a head coach. He's still learning how to be the top guy. I don't mind him doing his learning at Auburn so long as he stays at Auburn once he's done his learning. He shows great promise.

I would consider promoting Rodney Garner as the new DC. I do not think this will happen, but it is something to give a serious thought. Jeff Collins at Mississippi State should deserve strong consideration. The DC at Kansas State is not a bad choice either. I did see Bud Foster's name pop up earlier, and would be a good choice. The current DC at Florida is a solid DC.

Agreed but I think most understand the clock is now running. Hope he does.

"Clock is running"...Now THAT is FUNNY!!! Bwahahahaha

In fairness, with the way the SEC is these days the clock is running on pretty much anyone who isn't excelling. Half the teams in the conference expect to regularly be in national championship contention these days, and fans get restless fast, as a cursory review of these boards the past few weeks can attest. I believe in gus, but i also believe that if we lose two of the next three people will start to talk, and if 2015 ends with a similar record, the seat will start to get pretty warm

Why is this even an issue? As fans, we're as entitled to our opinion as the coaches are to the plays they call!! It's ok to voice frustration and disappointment. You don't think the players and coaches do the same thing??? If you don't, there's a word for you, gullible!! Gus and his staff will build from the failures of this season!! War Eagle!!

I think you have an offense that's looking for answers from our defense. As always, the best offense in the nation is only as good as it's top ranked defense. If you got a fast paced offense that's not catching a break from its D. It gets tired and scatterbrained the longer it goes on. That being said I think we are struggling on both sides of the ball. I think our tight end should get the ball more instead of it seeming like we are constantly looking for big plays. We got very talented receivers all around. But I think we need to start playing more smashmouth also. Also, what happened to the constant Auburn fast. Not this 1:30 left in the 4th quarter Auburnfast we are doing. We used to be Auburnfast for 4 quarters. Not just when we might be able to take advantage of it after everyone is tired. But it being the advantage we have over any team from the 1st quarter. That's how sweet came back last year and dominated until the national championship. Which is somewhere we was not predicted to be. I want to see the real Auburnfast and change on defense. Regardless if it's new DC or not. Something must be done and I don't want to hear our players on the field just don't have the talent as Ellis said or may as well said. About my earlier statement with Muschamp. Yeah, he is getting a big buy out from Florida, and yes, the chances are slim. But we got a good head coach who has been here before. He had a good job at his old school as head coach of Arkansas St. We wanted him back. We ponied up the dough and Gus is back home. It's business, and enough money changes anything!!! If we really want Muschamp. I'm more than sure he would love to come back.

As far as jumping off the wagon. That's all bs talk. That kinda stuff should not even be brought up. That's what is wrong with this sport today. People gonna start considering firing a coach after a loss season. Are you kidding me? What a joke. This is a young had coach we got. But a very good coach and we would be stupid to consider getting rid of him. If we smart we hang on for the ride. Let the man do his job and grow as a very good head coach here at Auburn and hang on all the way. He will turn it around!!! True fans don't jump off when we start getting beat!!! We rally up and become stronger!!! Gus all the way and Waaaaaaar Eagle!!!

Nice to see at least a post or two that doesn't make me think the world is ending. We got our butts kicked Saturday no question about it. But that happens from time to time when you play this game. It will be interesting to see if the players are able to rally together and put up a fight against bama. It sure would be a tough pill to swallow to see us get dominated again.

But regardless of how the bama game goes I'll still be in support of Gus. And that's whether or not if he makes any staff changes. Next year will be telling as to what direction the program is going and if Gus should be better compared to Spurrier or Bowden. I personally think Spurrier is the better comparison but time will tell if that is accurate or not.

I'm dissapointed as the next guy that we didn't reach the playoffs but the simple fact is we couldn't overcome the players that we lost from last years team. The running game is still really good, but not what it was last year. And our team can't execute well enough in the passing game to overcome that. Defense is still missing some pieces and certain players haven't panned out. I kinda wonder if we just lack leadership on that side of the ball. No Dee Ford's over there to rally the troops or something. I don't know really.

In the end even if things go poorly against bama I'll still be excited about next year so that means I still have faith we are headed in the right direction. Hopefully it's just a few bumps along the way we're seeing right now.

War Eagle!!

Archived