What is telling...

VA Tiger

cole, maybe. Maybe not. If we played them this Saturday, I'd feel pretty good about our chances. Ole Miss moved the ball up and down the field when Bo was in the game. If we were playing that defense, I'd expect to put up 30. They're playing pretty well. They also ran into a demoralized LSU team post-Bama, and an injured Ole Miss team post-Treadwell and without Wallace for a big chunk of the game. They got two good wins. Shutting out anyone, any time is awesome. They also had 260 total yards against LSU (read: less than we put up against UGA... which was a HORRIBLE offensive performance).

You like what they're doing in the context of where they were at the start of the season. I still don't think they're a better team than us. Even right this moment.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be worried if we played them right now because w we're not stopping the run to good at the moment and if the offense don't score enough to knock them out of their game plan like we did earlier this season we'd be in trouble.

But no I don't think they are the better team, but they are playing much better than are at the moment.And Wallace didn't miss too much of the game and he wasn't that good either. Arky played without their qb though so if we bring up injuries bring up all of them. But yeah you'd want your team getting better week to week as opposed to getting worse. I remember beginning of the season that's all Gus was preaching us getting better week to week.

Yep... their senior class was hungry and sold out and could go 8-5. Auburn's seniors and team were hungry in 2013 and won a conference title and played in the BCSNCG. Mean while some Auburn fans are in full suicide mode of the possibility of going 8-5 this year, the best record Arkansas can achieve this season. I like where Auburn's program is at compared to Arkansas.

I saw this team play and felt they were a 3 loss team all year. Too much inconsistancy on offense and bad defense. Nick never got to the next level as a passer he stayed pretty much the same. I am nt upset with the team. They are what I thought they were. We are facing the tougher teams on our schedule. Arkansas is playing easier teams and honestly they were close all season to pulling off many victories.

The point is that Arkansas has played every game 110% despite not being in the mix for the SEC West or Playoff. They have gotten better as the season has gone on and if we had to go the Fayetteville this weekend I would be very nervous.

We have looked like we've been going through the motions since the mid point of the season. We have not played with fire or discipline and it has cost us. I don't know what the reason for this is (soft practices, internal locker room issues, believing the ball with always bounce our way....who knows), but this team has been heading in the wrong direction....that is what is telling and frustrating.

The point is that Arkansas has played every game 110% despite not being in the mix for the SEC West or Playoff. They have gotten better as the season has gone on and if we had to go the Fayetteville this weekend I would be very nervous.

We have looked like we've been going through the motions since the mid point of the season. We have not played with fire or discipline and it has cost us. I don't know what the reason for this is (soft practices, internal locker room issues, believing the ball with always bounce our way....who knows), but this team has been heading in the wrong direction....that is what is telling and frustrating.

We beat them...PERIOD. They had 2 months to prep for us and FAILED. I could careless how they are playing now. We beat them by 24 points and they will get their chance next year. When we lost to LSU last year it remained a loss the remainder of the year. Were we a better team by the end of the year? Yes. Could we have defeated LSU had we played them at home late in the year? Probably. We can play the what if game all day but they still lost to Auburn.... period. Great for Arkansas they are 6-5 and have played well on defense as of late. I never celebrated Auburn being 6-5, so I'm not going out of my way to pat Arkansas on the back for doing the same.

This is not directed at YOU but I always find it strange when Auburn fans are so disgusted with the performance of the team, that they need to diminish the wins the team actually garnered. Heck...we have 3 losses to gripe about but that isn't enough. Now we have to go back and pick apart an ACTUAL victory and make comments that we would not want to play them now.

I agree the truly dissapointing take away from this season is the regression in performance, lack of focus and I'm afraid the display of less desire than I am accustomed to seeing. As I sat in my seat on a cold, wet blustery night in JH these were on full display.

<p>You can call it griping or whatever but just consider a few factors:<br />

<br />

We have 27 seniors and the majority of our starters back from last season<br />

We have about $6 million worth of coaching staff and facilities that are among the best anywhere. <br />

AU is near the bottom of Div 1 in penalties, penalty yards, and fumbles lost and fumbles recovered.<br />

<br />

AU was ranked in the top 5 for much of the season and is just holding on to the top 20.

AU has the talent to beat Bama if the team can get over it's self-destructive ways.

Some are facts...and some are opinions but they are all relevant to our current situation. JMO

You could tell they were a better team to start the year than they were last year. They might finish the season with 3 straight wins. Auburn played great against LSU but then the wheels started to come off afterward. Weird.

It's wierd that last year, after getting beat soundly by LSU Auburn got better and better every week. this year, after beating LSU soundly, Auburn kept slipping and got worse and worse every week.

Who is their DC? Very impressed with them. Going to be very scary playing them next year and in the future. Hate to give Bert credit but he's done a heck of a job with a really bad Arkansas team.

Who is their DC? Very impressed with them. Going to be very scary playing them next year and in the future. Hate to give Bert credit but he's done a heck of a job with a really bad Arkansas team.

Robb Smith is Hawg's DC. New this year from linebacker coach in NFL. Tampa Bay(?) The Arkansas defense has improved from 89th (30.8) in points allowed per game last year to 16th (20.2) so far this year.

We beat them...PERIOD. They had 2 months to prep for us and FAILED. I could careless how they are playing now. We beat them by 24 points and they will get their chance next year. When we lost to LSU last year it remained a loss the remainder of the year. Were we a better team by the end of the year? Yes. Could we have defeated LSU had we played them at home late in the year? Probably. We can play the what if game all day but they still lost to Auburn.... period. Great for Arkansas they are 6-5 and have played well on defense as of late. I never celebrated Auburn being 6-5, so I'm not going out of my way to pat Arkansas on the back for doing the same.

This is not directed at YOU but I always find it strange when Auburn fans are so disgusted with the performance of the team, that they need to diminish the wins the team actually garnered. Heck...we have 3 losses to gripe about but that isn't enough. Now we have to go back and pick apart an ACTUAL victory and make comments that we would not want to play them now.

Well said!

I'm not picking apart our win against Arkansas. We looked good in that game and many of the games that followed. The goal of the season though, as Gus himself says, is to get better each week. So by the end of the year you are peaking and playing your best football when it counts most...i.e. playoff. We have gotten worse. We look like we have lost motivation, chemistry, and drive. We should've been extremely motivated each week to finish the job we didn't last year. That's the frustrating part.

Personally I don't really care about Arkansas. They are a different team and they don't matter anymore for our season. It's just frustrating we haven't appeared to give 110% every week and get better....while they have every week with a lot less to play for.

You guys really think lack of effort and motivation is to blame for our losses to MSU and A&M? I think that's the most ridiculous commentary I've seen all year.

I'll agree the team seemed flat and uninspired against UGA, but that was a team faced with losing all of its season goals 7 days prior. I don't love it, but I can certainly understand a lack of motivation in that situation. Motivation and drive were not lacking against A&M. Execution was. The defense busted coverages early. The offense spilled the ball on the first play and on the goalline and on the last drive. That wasn't a lack of motivation. That team showed a ton of heart and drive and whatever other cliche you want to use. They clawed back into a game that looked lost. When it didn't pay off, the were flat the next week.

Since nobody said what you stated in your first sentence your commentary is easily the most ridiculous. The way you made that up out of dudes post is worse than a reality show....You really want some drama on this board so you can insult and argue....Smh

"We should've been extremely motivated each week to finish the job we didn't last year. That's the frustrating part."

What do you think when you read that? It's definitely NOT talking about the UGA game alone. It says "should've been motivated". It's a commentary on the problem with this team. This season. That implies that we fell short of the goal due to a lack of motivation. They "should've been motivated" but were not. The statement, which you agreed with, is ridiculous.

Again, this team lost some of its motivation after the A&M loss, but they never lacked for motivation until that point.

mcgufcm....I didn't say we weren't motivated. I said based on our play we didn't "look" motivated. Something went on with this team throughout the year, nobody can deny that. I said we should've been extremely motivated each week. Yet, you even admitted we looked flat against Georgia. UGA was the week we still had a playoff chance and needed to circle the wagons...and we stunk. I appreciate your effort to try to correct me though.

Quote:" Motivation and drive were not lacking against A&M. Execution was." Motivation, drive and execution all go together. When execution fails, it's because the first two are lacking.

Quote:" Motivation and drive were not lacking against A&M. Execution was." Motivation, drive and execution all go together. When execution fails, it's because the first two are lacking.

It can also be because of inadquate schooling...poor coaching. I think, in the D in particular, we have some inadequate position coaches.

Whenever I hear "We have nothing to lose" in respect to one of my teams I hunker down because a whuppin' is on the way. Nothing to lose means you've had a lousy season and there's nothing left to play for. The 2014 Auburn Tigers are way, way above the "nothing to lose" category.

The 2014 Auburn Tigers are unfortunately the epitome of nothing left to play for. At some point, we got to stop considering the Iron Bowl as a championship of sorts.

Whenever I hear "We have nothing to lose" in respect to one of my teams I hunker down because a whuppin' is on the way. Nothing to lose means you've had a lousy season and there's nothing left to play for. The 2014 Auburn Tigers are way, way above the "nothing to lose" category.

The 2014 Auburn Tigers are unfortunately the epitome of nothing left to play for. At some point, we got to stop considering the Iron Bowl as a championship of sorts.

I think the GA game ended our season. It wasn't a game that Auburn ever really had a chance of winning. GA just kept on rolling over us and it never let up. No 'down to the wire' finishes but a demolition job. At that piont it was clear that this Auburn team was not a contender and probably had never really been one.

OK we had our hopes set too high from the start, nothing really wrong with that. It was tha game that made it all to clear thatwe just weren't there this year.

u honestly believe that ?

If not, please pause and reread before hitting enter; otherwise please add 8 + 2 and see if it doesn't still become 10.... as in wins and a 10-3 season. Sure it could be better, but damn-it a lot of schools, teams, and fans would love (or be pleased) with such a season. When you couple that with playing in the toughest division, of the toughest conference, with one one the toughest schedules... you then are not only doing a disservice to this years team, but to your own reputation as DTR on this forum. Is it a drop in prestige from ending 2nd (S E C O N D --- out of all the other schools)? Well. yes it is. But serving up such a big bowl of cry baby soup, is a recipe that I rate as zero ( as in no star to report at all).

And no, this team has not ended up 10 and 3 yet. But there's no reason to write them off as not having nothing to play for, because they still have a legacy of 8 and 5 if not.

Archived