Shula Going for Keys

Proud Tiger

As I indicated in another thread, one reason Sharief changed his commitment to bama was the hope that he and Chris Keys (his buddy who is living with him) could go to the same school. Keys is currently an LSU commit who was busted for MJ possession and couldn't play his senior H.S. season in Louisianna or Alabama. LSU wouldn't offer Sharief and Auburn won't offer Keys. But yesterday, Shula and other bama staff members visited Keys and are putting on the full court press.

As I indicated in another thread, one reason Sharief changed his commitment to bama was the hope that he and Chris Keys (his buddy who is living with him) could go to the same school. Keys is currently an LSU commit who was busted for MJ possession and couldn't play his senior H.S. season in Louisianna or Alabama. LSU wouldn't offer Sharief and Auburn won't offer Keys. But yesterday, Shula and other bama staff members visited Keys and are putting on the full court press.

131941[/snapback]

mj possesion? Sounds like a great fit for uat ! ! ! B)

BG, what is the latest on Keys? Haven't heard anything on him in a while. I was listening to sports talk this morning and the host was reading off the list of verbals for both UA and AU and he didn't give specific numbers but said Bama had just about their full allotment if all the verbals sign. Sounded like he read off 20 plus for UA. Where are they now?

Right now bama has 21. I think they will sign about 28. They have 2 greyshirts in this class (guessing) and expect for some nonqualifying attrition im sure.

Keys is on the board. But Im guessing he will wait and see what Saban does.

So why is it that we should care?  The Auburn coaches let him go, why can't you PT?

131956[/snapback]

What's your problem? I just posted it as info people might be interested in. Who am I not letting go? I could not care less if you care.

Take two raw ass pills and post again tomorrow :P

You gotta' let him go, PT....you gotta' let him go.

Hey, it won't be long until the season comes to a close. At that point the last few weeks of recruiting season really starts heating up. I certainly don't follow many other schools but I love to follow who Auburn and Alabama are signing. I go to a lot of high school football games and have a couple of HS coaches in my family so I like paying attention to certain players, where they go and how they do.

You gotta' let him go, PT....you gotta' let him go.

Hey, it won't be long until the season comes to a close.  At that point the last few weeks of recruiting season really starts heating up.  I certainly don't follow many other schools but I love to follow who Auburn and Alabama are signing.  I go to a lot of high school football games and have a couple of HS coaches in my family so I like paying attention to certain players, where they go and how they do.

132063[/snapback]

Yeah I guess AUnuma just doesn't care much about recruiting <_<

Oh, I care about AUBURN recruiting, don't get me wrong. I live in Bamaham so I'll hear enough about uat's recruiting.

The dirt that you're slinging around about 17/18 year old KIDS is what I thought we could do without. It's old news, let it go. Kids make mistakes, what else is new? Sorry PT and anyone else I offended.

Oh, I care about AUBURN recruiting, don't get me wrong.  I live in Bamaham so I'll hear enough about uat's recruiting.

The dirt that you're slinging around about 17/18 year old KIDS is what I thought we could do without.  It's old news, let it go.  Kids make mistakes, what else is new?  Sorry PT and anyone else I offended.

132071[/snapback]

Please tell me what dirt I'm throwing around. I just saw on Rivals where Shula had made a visit yesterday. I didn't say anything about Keys that isn't fact as reported in numerous newspaper articles. I made the post as a matter of info, not thowing dirt at anybody.

Oh, I care about AUBURN recruiting, don't get me wrong.  I live in Bamaham so I'll hear enough about uat's recruiting.

The dirt that you're slinging around about 17/18 year old KIDS is what I thought we could do without.   It's old news, let it go.  Kids make mistakes, what else is new?  Sorry PT and anyone else I offended.

132071[/snapback]

Please tell me what dirt I'm throwing around. I just saw on Rivals where Shula had made a visit yesterday. I didn't say anything about Keys that isn't fact as reported in numerous newspaper articles. I made the post as a matter of info, not thowing dirt at anybody.

132074[/snapback]

You may have not been throwing dirt, but it was pretty obvious what the tone of the post was.

I agree with the others. These are kids. If this guy was a 5* who was considering AU, we would be talking about giving the kid a second chance. Remember, Bo Jackson wasn't exactly the model citizen growing up. Pat Dye could see character through all of that though.

Archived